Need More Info General Can't update or create a mod to the steam workshop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
On the 30th of March i tried updating one of my workshop mods, which I last updated in February with ease. I was met with the text in the command prompt shown in the 1st image.
39dde7bb84df365ecf50fe3615360492.png

I verified my game, tried changing my network, turning off my anti virus, tried even updating with a known working copy. Nothing worked so i tried uploading a new module to the workshop with it going through the whole preparing content then giving the exact same text as if i was trying to update, a completely empty mod gets added to my workshop items but it has no image or file size.
30436b01e8414972f028b6791ed63c5d.png

I've had no issues with uploading new mods and updating mods to the workshop since i published my first one over a year ago. I have never seen this sort of error before and have tried everything i know of to get around it but to no success.

I'm afraid that page is not helpful at all. I've had no issues for over a year of uploading and updating mods to the workshop. I even tried following that page step by step and still get the same error when trying to upload a completely new module. I've tried changing steam account, I've tried rolling back windows updates but still get the same error everytime.

Is the featured image you are trying to upload is smaller than 1 MB? It might not be the problem but just wanted to ask. IT might be something on the Steam side rather than on our side. Have you also tried to contact Steam Support regarding this issue?

For when I try to create a workshop item, yeah the image is 86kb and its a image I've used multiple times and even when trying a different image with a similar file size it still gives me that error. When updating a workshop item i've never needed to mess around with the image file.

I contact steam before putting up this post and even though that socket error looks related to steam more than anything, they told me to try on TW. Felt like they didnt want to try help at all tbh but i can try again on steams end.

I contact steam before putting up this post and even though that socket error looks related to steam more than anything, they told me to try on TW. Felt like they didnt want to try help at all tbh but i can try again on steams end.
We were running into this issue when initially testing the Steam Workshop with the community as well, which is why there's this note in the documentation:
  • You may run into an error during the publishing process. An endless print of the following line: Status: k_EItemUpdateStatusInvalid 0/0 - If that occurs your upload may have completed successfully and you’re free to close the console. If the upload failed, try again.
Usually, we were able to get around the error by trying again. You may also try in the Modding discord to see if anyone else had that error. But in essence, we suspect it's not something that's misconfigured on our end.

I do indeed usually get the never ending StatusInvalid but usually when i check the workshop mod it goes ahead and updates just fine. This is the first time I've come across this low level socket error and the cmd process fully stopping after the Update item finished text

I did first try the modding discord but didn't get much traction outside of suggesting to make sure the image file size was correct. I've sent steam support another message so hopefully they dig deeper this time round as i'm not sure what else i could give you guys that could help solve this issue.

Back
Top Bottom