Prosperity and Food - the death spiral of a fief

Users who are viewing this thread

Food shortage negatively impacts Prosperity but reduced Prosperity lowers food production? Seems like an unintended circular logic? Surely, there ought to be means by which the owner can intervene like inject food stocks....but that doesn't seem to be an option. Why?

It's the other way around. The prosperity penalty to food becomes worse as prosperity increases. It represents increased consumption as the settlement grows.

This means that food acts as a cap to propsperity. Once the settlement is starving, prosperity will decrease until food consumption is less than production.

I implement all decrees that lower prosperity and give this 1 for food production and it's always as it should be.

All of these systems are bad and only function to sometimes annoy the player. Everything is set up so AI can be brainless and still keep it's starting/culture fiefs without any effort but will always blunder on expansion/non-matching fiefs. For the player, for this issue it's best to just only put junk troops in garrisons and not worry if a few bleed off due to food issues. Sure, you can (as a ruler) pass some food policies but it own't really stop high prosperity from doing this, plus you can't order anyone to defend fiefs, so food issues will at least temporarily come up without anything good to do about it.

It's the other way around. The prosperity penalty to food becomes worse as prosperity increases. It represents increased consumption as the settlement grows.

This means that food acts as a cap to propsperity. Once the settlement is starving, prosperity will decrease until food consumption is less than production.

Ahh. So the lower prosperity is, the less "consumption" there will be? I assumed it was negatively impacting food stocks because prosperity was decreasing.

But if that were the case, it's still not an optimal solution since prosperity has no cap but food production does? Inevitably, a castle will go into starvation.

If the impact of starvation was only to reduce prosperity, I might be willing to overlook it since $$ from taxation is negligible but as it impacts on the garrison, that's quite unacceptable.

It's been a major bugbear since v1. I can't believe they still haven't implemented a fix.

Ahh. So the lower prosperity is, the less "consumption" there will be? I assumed it was negatively impacting food stocks because prosperity was decreasing.

But if that were the case, it's still not an optimal solution since prosperity has no cap but food production does? Inevitably, a castle will go into starvation.

If the impact of starvation was only to reduce prosperity, I might be willing to overlook it since $$ from taxation is negligible but as it impacts on the garrison, that's quite unacceptable.

It's been a major bugbear since v1. I can't believe they still haven't implemented a fix.
They did it on purpose to cap prosperity since at certain point you will starve and lose prosperity. It makes no sense though because you can't do anything about it.
Things you can't do that really they should add:
1 Give food directly to the food stock of fiefs.
2 Build more and more food supply farms when prosperity is high enough.
3 Order special caravans to bring more food to the fief
4 ORDER people to patrol and guard villages to prevent food shortage spikes from raids.
You can't do any of this and it's very silly that in Bannerlord a city/people/ruler thinks "oh we're so successful and prosperous, I guess we'll just starve now."

They did it on purpose to cap prosperity since at certain point you will starve and lose prosperity. It makes no sense though because you can't do anything about it.
4 ORDER people to patrol and guard villages to prevent food shortage spikes from raids.
You can't do any of this and it's very silly that in Bannerlord a city/people/ruler thinks "oh we're so successful and prosperous, I guess we'll just starve now."
Yes this system definitely needs an update.
I like the idea of special caravans, extra farms or herds to deliver extra food to high prosperity towns, this way you can go above the save limit while being at risk from enemy actions.

There should be a warning or a relocation if an garrison is starving while not under siege.

I definitely agree with that, it's really annoying that the garrison eventually starves. The garrison should get priority for what food there is, they should only starve if there's no food at all, usually because the castle is under siege.

Quick tangent on this subject, does this game have flavor text for high prosperity fiefs and towns? I've never seen the game describe any as better than "average wealth"

Supply Lines and Improved Garrisons provides all of those features except building farms. These might be temporary solutions. Is there any mod out there which gives options for agriculture?

Back
Top Bottom