it just keeps getting worse - part 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Wouldn't surprise me that you are on their payroll, but you just never received your money. I bet it states in the contract "Gets paid when Development is done." And you just accepted your fate by now.
But on a serious note, what about the modding tools, if i remember correctly they were supposed to come out this month. Has anyone heard anything new about them? Looking at the date the month is almost over.
Nah man not actually getting paid but i would like to convert you to the religion of Soon.

Abou the modding tools i am probably expecting some sort of technical issue its very common in code or mabye something like not being able to import maps correctly could be a swathe of things from what we know of the mod tools

Ha! Perhaps the moderators do not have a sense of humor. Perhaps they don't tolerate jokes... Or perhaps that is not the first time nor the only thread where you posted "gotta make a Shisha break now" ...

Shisha breaks, I don't think, are relevant to this thread.... Salt however... Salt is VERY relevant. :wink:

But your right my friend Wolfmensch007, my post doesn't really advance the conversation... Probably shouldn't have posted that but I couldn't help myself.:mrgreen:
No it absolutely does it is an amazing post and if not posted could have been left untouched such gold as that post cannot be left untouched

Nah man not actually getting paid but i would like to convert you to the religion of Soon.

Abou the modding tools i am probably expecting some sort of technical issue its very common in code or mabye something like not being able to import maps correctly could be a swathe of things from what we know of the mod tools
I am just expecting that they never talk about them for the next 3-4 months again hoping everyone forgets about them.

giphy.gif
That's some Terco-style saltiness right there :lol: I'm so glad you're back in your full poetry-gif glory!

Or perhaps that is not the first time nor the only thread where you posted "gotta make a Shisha break now" ...
A really good guess (y)

Wouldn't surprise me that you are on their payroll, but you just never received your money. I bet it states in the contract "Gets paid when Development is done." And you just accepted your fate by now.
But on a serious note, what about the modding tools, if i remember correctly they were supposed to come out this month. Has anyone heard anything new about them? Looking at the date the month is almost over.

And the mods on this forum are by far one of the worst you will ever see in your life. All they do is closing threads and sending out warnings. Their >Community< Managers don't even interact with the community. That has to be by far the most chill job you can get. Ignoring the one thing you have to do and still get paid for it.
The troll is strong in this one... can hear him sniveling behind his human mask ^^
3deee0613757c7cdc3156654e3454515.jpg

I am just expecting that they never talk about them for the next 3-4 months again hoping everyone forgets about them.
I would wxpect most likely next patch but it seems they ran into some technical problems yesterday with it since it seemed like it was gonna launch callum and most other devs were on at 4 to 6 yesterday looking at random posts here. I would most likely expect mod tools by next patch because as a company TW would not do that matter not what.

Now back on topic do you accept the conversion

I think people assume that I went on an angry rant because I got my ass kicked in a fight when in reality since I started playing the game again I haven't even been in that many fights and all the fights I have been in but 1 I have won, and the last fight was recorded several hours after the post was made to try and give the game one last chance, which I just cant do.

I think ive narrowed this forum down into 4 types of people.

1- The people like me who want to play it on the hardest difficulty who don’t use bows and want to fight parties and armies equal our strength and greater, who genuinely want to love the game but it just lets us down at every turn.
2- The fan boys who play as an archer on easy and think that because they win fights against smaller weaker parties and armies it makes them sun tzu in real life.
3- The developers who get bum hurt about people telling the truth about the game and probably have alternate accounts to try and defend their work which is terrible.
4- Members of a marketing company that get paid by taleworlds to do the same thing.

Talking some crap about “nice guy developers”, whats nice about them? Their employees in a company that get paid to do a job and in this case a really bad one. They want their wages thats it end of story.

And the reason my rant is so important is because a company is a business its aim is to make money, they have meetings and set targets on how much money they expect to make, if they meet or beat those targets then their not gonna start reinvesting their profits into fixing a broken game are they? Especially if idiots run to their aid and try to defend them when they have enough money as a result of this early access crap to employ a bigger team and fix everything.

Thats all you see nowadays is this early access crap, preying on peoples good nature to help the developers, then the money rolls in and the CEOs count their stacks of cash and go “f**k that im spending this money not paying to make the game good we’ve already made our fortune f**k them”

And its not like you can get a refund later on when they let you down.

I don’t understand how modders can put out patches and mods to update the game on an almost daily/weekly basis for free, then you’ve got a team of “nice guy developers” who are getting paid tens of thousands a year to develop the game and just keep updating crap.

Most likely we’ll just be greeted with 20 expansion packs and an AI DLC pack or some other bulls**t

People talking crap about battle commands… what battle commands? Go here or go there, hold fire or fire. Thats it, every thing in the game is broken, the formations don’t work so theres no point in using them. You give them an order and they just stand there.

All what I seen in the comments is the same vague and ambiguous crap, “some points are valid but most are just spurious and untrue” but never give specific examples of whats spurious and untrue or provide any proof. Perhaps youd like to see some proof from me well here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItO6viPWOAQ

Every clip is a fresh attempt and on “realistic” except the siege against the aserai because I wanted to see if changing the difficulty made a difference to the AI.

Proof that they don’t siege, proof that they scatter themselves into single file to get themselves killed, proof that they don’t use the siege ladders and when they do they start climbing back down them, proof that no matter what “battle command” i use, whether I tell them to break the door down, whether I tell them to charge, whether I delegate command to my sergeants its always the same crap, proof that they just stand there like idiots doing nothing.

People clipping through stairs

Proof that after the updates they just run about the map doing nothing but chasing people they have no intention of engaging

And those archers….. those good ol archers….. oh how I just those those archers……

I put my archers on a hill above my infantry to shoot their infantry AS they approach not wait untill their right there then act like “oh now I cant do anything the infantry are in the way” AS they approach, I wait untill they get to right distance so when I tell my cavalry to charge their infantry keep marching on my infantry and their cavalry chase my cavalry causing a distraction to both their horses and archers or else their horses, archers and infantry will just kill my horses and I wont have anything to separate their army. Their infantry approach and the archers do what? Youll see, I tell them to attack and they do what? Youll see.

And a screen shot that shows how long I tried to endure the crap for, 502 hours.

You copy and paste what you see in the video and youll have a slight idea of what my entire experience has been.

And my last attempt at the game, im the type of person if I ask my army to do something and they do it but it doesnt work and I lose then so be it, ill lose my army, get captured and start again from scratch. But if I ask them to do something and they don’t, then im gonna reload the game because im not rebuilding my army every 2 minutes because the game mechanics suck ass.

Heres the situation

I defend a place called ferth, its being attacked by monchug, he has alot more units than me but thats what I like fighting stronger bigger armies and using a strategy to win.

Monchugs army- 226
Cavalry-15
Infantry-131
Ranged-39
Horse archers-41

My army- 148
Cavalry-10
Infantry-74
Ranged-61
Horse archers-3

The strategy is this and I know for a fact it will work if they actually do what I want them to do, I put my infantry behind a building to shield them from archers, it works

I get what little cavalry I have to provide a temporary distraction with the enemies larger cavalry, I ask them to simply move to a certain spot and they run into every tree, boulder, gate,fence, building and obstacle including each other but when they get where I want them to go it still works.

The enemy infantry have 2 choices, approach through 2 buildings in the middle and should get shot down AS they approach by my archers or split into 2 and approach from both sides of the building my infantry are behind, splitting them into 2 in which case the ones on the left should get shot down by my archers and the ones on the right get dealt with by my infantry.

So now their army is divided up into smaller groups.

My infantry and archers together should slaughter their infantry, then we get their archers, and then we deal with their cavalry at the end

I line those good ol archers up in a loose formation so no one can say “yeah but they couldn’t see the enemy because there was people in front of them” well now there isnt and what do they do? About 10 out of 61 of them fire their bows the rest just veer of into cyberspace. And if I tell my archers to attack they just run at them with melee weapons and get killed anyway.

I made several attempts without the RTS camera and its just the same crap so I decided to use the RTS camera to show everything thats going on.

If the “nice guy developers” actually give a s**t about the game theyll sort the issues in that video because its a joke. It isnt on occasion theres a glitch, it isnt once in a while something stupid happens its every single time, and no this game doesn't have a “few bugs” this game is just one big catastrophic bug.

Ive tried to love this game, it has so many things im interested in but I just cant

rants over, im done

Peace out.

Some suggestions in case they ever plan on actually making this game good.

Working with gangs actually does something in the game, maybe the more you work for one their power increases and the more powerful they become the more influence they get around calradia through crime contacts and smuggling networks so if you want to take a city but the leader or hates you for executing everyoneand wont join and you don’t want to siege you can use influence and money to cause corruption to get the citizens to turn on them and side with you or cause a revolt or something. Maybe if two factions are at war with each other then certain items are prohibited from being sold in certain places if a faction is a known producer of it, creating a supply and demand for illegal goods and smuggling opportunities. Instead of just we need 6 axes.

Since we are on the “battle command” subject how about legitimate battle commands, maybe hold in the middle mouse button to open a command wheel with abilities based on what type of units your commanding, such as archers firing barages of arrows in a arch, or click on the map and shoot people who enter a specific section, or rapid fire shots to mow people down as they approach. Or being able to tell certain units to only attack certain units instead of whoever they want

Maybe with lightly armoured infantry who have swords and shields you can put them into a defence mode where they put an emphasis on defence to hold the line so you can maybe put heavy armoured units and units with 2 handed weapons into an offensive mode so they start cutting people down, making your shock troops legitimate shock troops.

Maybe giving spear and pike units different modes like keeping the enemy back, or bracing for horses i read that they put a spear brace In the game but ive yet to see it actually work, meaning you have to be keeping an eye on the battlefield to prepare for each situation.

How about a legitimate charge ability for your cavalry to break through enemy lines that can only be countered by certain troops abilities like spear and pike, instead of charge meaning do whatever you want

Maybe you unlock the abilities based on your leadership or maybe based on what skill you and your companions are most proficient in and assign your companions to lead the squads or something.

And I think a cycle system for assigning squads would be better than just 1-8 on the keyboard.

So I can have light infantry, heavy infantry, 2 handed weapon units and spear units assigned to 1 and it cycles through them in the order ive set so I know whos doing what, where and when, if I choose the wrong unit I right click to cancel and hold it in to select them all. Thats a personal thought.

Because for me personally trying to stretch my hand across the keyboard while blocking, attacking, and flying about on a horse while keeping an eye on the battlefield to assign squads roles is a pain in the ass and I don’t think 1-8 is enough keys for doing it.

And then, there are people who can enjoy the game, knows that they gonna take much longer to "finnish" it, than they promissed, but still dont ***** about it. Maybe we are just polite and patient people.

I don't think they believe for one second that anyone is going to forget about the modding tools. This franchise is... Well... Buoyed... Propped up... Elevated to an immeasurable degree by the mods that have been created for Warband. Personally (even though I loved/love vanilla Warband/Bannerlord) I bought this EA product because I knew that regardless of what happens with the base game my purchase would be more than worth the price for, if nothing else, THE MODS! And I KNOW that I'm not the only one who thought/thinks this way. I suspect TW knows that too.

That's some Terco-style saltiness right there :lol: I'm so glad you're back in your full poetry-gif glory!
giphy.gif
As am I friend... As am I.

Oooooh i guess you are one of those dudes on their payroll OP is talking about. That would explain why someone spent almost 200 hours on this forum in the span of just 5 months.

Oh yes im getting payed in millions my dude and im sitting here dipping their turkish lira in my cup while smoking an fat cigarr...Want me to troll? you just have to pay me more. But to be frank with you i dont need the money, i just take em to have something to stir my tea or coffee with

Last edited:
Ahem i would like to announce the religion of Soon now more organized where we all praise the word Soon an amazing word that must be used by all. Covert to Soon today for extra bonuses as we praise the Soon gods we must unite once and for all and Soon is the best way to do it.

Last edited:
Ahem i would like to aanounce teh religion of Soon now more organized where we all praise the word Soon an amazing word that must be used by all. Covert to Soon today for extra bonuses as we praise the Soon gods we must unite once and for all and Soon is the best way to do it.
Yes ive heard of that religion and will buy the book tomorrow to see if i can find it

Ha! funny, but I think a bit unfair. @cyresdog is not a troll. He's a true fan of the Mount and Blade series who seems to be disappointed/disillusioned with the state of the game.
I might be wrong then but the OP and him seems to be very much trolling right now. But in these times when there not much inside Christmas nuts any longer its hard to tell and if so i plea the 3rd amendment

I think people assume that I went on an angry rant
Every single part of your post illustrated an ignorance of a game mechanic or an incompetence at playing the game.
1- The people like me who want to play it on the hardest difficulty who don’t use bows and want to fight parties and armies equal our strength and greater
There's that "ignorance of a game mechanic or an incompetence at playing the game". You don't need to shoot anyone if you 'for some reason' don't want, but you can bring down much larger parties with good positioning, composition and tactics(not the skill) without MC doing anything but command. However if you make a poor composition and use poor tactics you will have a bad time. Sounds like you mostly have a bad time.
2- The fan boys who play as an archer on easy and think that because they win fights against smaller weaker parties
Oh the trolling intensifies.

3- The developers who get bum hurt about people telling the truth about the game and probably have alternate accounts to try and defend their work which is terrible.
4- Members of a marketing company that get paid by taleworlds to do the same thing.
Neither of these things happen.

Ha! Perhaps the moderators do not have a sense of humor. Perhaps they don't tolerate jokes... Or perhaps that is not the first time nor the only thread where you posted "gotta make a Shisha break now" ...

Shisha breaks, I don't think, are relevant to this thread.... Salt however... Salt is VERY relevant. :wink:

But your right my friend Wolfmensch007, my post doesn't really advance the conversation... Probably shouldn't have posted that but I couldn't help myself.:mrgreen:
I wasn't planning to feed the trolls, but you made me laugh too much h throughout this thread to pass on this opportunity to say: you are fantastic. Thanks for the lol. Also, since I'm here:

Ah yes our first fellow Soon follower we shall use this word to rise to greatness! Soon the entire world will be following the Soon ways.
@Itisausername : The Disciple of Soon

Every single part of your post illustrated an ignorance of a game mechanic or an incompetence at playing the game.

There's that "ignorance of a game mechanic or an incompetence at playing the game". You don't need to shoot anyone if you 'for some reason' don't want, but you can bring down much larger parties with good positioning, composition and tactics(not the skill) without MC doing anything but command. However if you make a poor composition and use poor tactics you will have a bad time. Sounds like you mostly have a bad time.

Oh the trolling intensifies.

Neither of these things happen.
I have to agree regarding your assessment. I've done one horse archer play through and have mostly stuck with infantry commanders in the others. It is definitely harder to play infantry instead of Cav, but I think it's a blast and completely doable on all difficult settings. I'm an average skill level player at best, and wish that the AI difficulty was actually tuned up again for max settings.

Back
Top Bottom