I played Bannerlord.

Users who are viewing this thread

The game brings so much nothing but beauty that I'm going back to PoP.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Bannerlord is a mess! I only hope it's moddable enough.

I disagree completely. Comparing early access bannerlord to arguably one of the best mods of all time that was developed over many years by a talented and dedicated team is like comparing apples to Steak.

I think a more apt comparison would be to compare vanilla Warband to bannerlord

Imagine what this team could (hypothetically) do if they were to use bannerlord as a base for some future PoP 4.0......!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know where you see beauty.
This is a screenshot of bannerlord, max settings, on a Ryzen 3800 with RTX 2060 Super:

You may think those low quality trees are ****, or that the sky that looks like a wallpaper from windows 95 is ****, but it's probably because you didn't immediately notice how the character looks like he's cosplaying Shrek (and you can't edit the body in any way or form).
Oh and that's with any armor of any kind.

I have 60hrs (200 days) in BL so far and really enjoy every minute of it. Haven't experiences single crash so far (touch wood), the world map and battlefields are big, believable for me. Like trading (except bug when trade xp is lost), smithing, new armour slots and character development. Horse riding is very very immersive, archery is satisfying (except crosshair) and that piruette performed by Looter when he gets mace in the face ...

Personally in my 65hrs I have done everything I wanted and encountered only one major bug (trade xp). I definitely don't feel like a betatester.

I have 60hrs (200 days) in BL so far and really enjoy every minute of it. Haven't experiences single crash so far (touch wood), the world map and battlefields are big, believable for me. Like trading (except bug when trade xp is lost), smithing, new armour slots and character development. Horse riding is very very immersive, archery is satisfying (except crosshair) and that piruette performed by Looter when he gets mace in the face ...

I hate the looters myself. I very much preferred what they did in Warband, where they were mostly gone after a few in game weeks. Now you kind of need to rely on looters to train troops, and that just feels.. Wrong to me.

bannerlord does not have the ambition and love which oozes from prophesy of pendor. Its plain, soulless and boring. It will take them 20 years to even get CLOSE to prophesy of pendor. Honestly I love PoP and the devs so much.

bannerlord does not have the ambition and love which oozes from prophesy of pendor. Its plain, soulless and boring. It will take them 20 years to even get CLOSE to prophesy of pendor. Honestly I love PoP and the devs so much.
Fan boy alert
Maybe I’ll have to try pop in a few weeks

Bannerlord does several things that I don't think are even possible in warband on a simulation level that would be truly amazing to see modders play with.

I'd love to see where something like PoP could go with bannerlord

Bannerlord is still in Beta and it shows, but it also shows lots of potential.
And there are already mods that tweak the grindy/boring aspects.

On the other hand, there are very few sub-mods to tweak PoP (due to the lack of public module system), so you can't really customize your experience.

Bannerlord can't be close to PoP because they don't aim to do that. They aim for something less ... "fantasy".
Bannerlord can be the core to mod into PoP or something else greater than the main game (Bannerlord) itself.
That how it worked for Warband, i played mods for Warband like 50 times more time than i played Warband itself.
Yet Warband was the thing that made those mods possible along with modders work and creativity.

Last edited:
Bannerlord is still in Beta and it shows, but it also shows lots of potential.
And there are already mods that tweak the grindy/boring aspects.

On the other hand, there are very few sub-mods to tweak PoP (due to the lack of public module system), so you can't really customize your experience.
On Wiki are stored 223 tweaks, which allow you to customize your experience https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks
Not all tweaks work with the latest version yet, but Gorvex doing great job by gradually updating them.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Bannerlord is a mess! I only hope it's moddable enough.
Sadly the game is such a bad state that even the basic functions of warband didnt work in it. It's just the game warband game with better graphics but more bugs and a very badly designed map.

I don't think i will ever be able to like the game in this form or it's final form because of the way the map is designed, the troop tree, the basic mechanics..etc
Pop will always be a better version of anything that warband/bannerlord/any mod can be

Most of my time with M&B has been with PoP. Bannerlord has got me interested again after a few years away. Give it time and for the modders to build new worlds and experiences. PoP remains the high point for me in M&B but I am optimistic for the future.

Back
Top Bottom