<> OCEANIC CAMPAIGN I: OFFICIAL THREAD <>

Users who are viewing this thread

Moss said:
When was the last time you actually played siege?

Castle four is one of the better designed ones, but even still it's not a game mode designed for small battles.

A single person can cap the castle in around fifteen seconds if unopposed. It takes twenty seconds for the defenders to respawn, a good ten to fifteen to run to the flag from spawn depending on the map.

The defenders have five minutes of attacking a castle which has around five different entry points. They can attack maybe, ten, fifteen times in a five minute game.

So to win the defenders have to win 15-0 fights. For the attackers to win they only need 1-14.

There's a reason the default round length for siege is 3:30 and even then that's a bit high.

Kimbo here.

Changes for balance aside, those numbers are wayyyyyyy off, and the 15-0 needed to win is hugely innacurate of how a siege match plays out.

Also, Calis, I know, I wasn't having a go or anything, chill.

This is just how I think it will play out, I have found that 5 minutes is not enough time against an organised team (although this is more in relation to castle 2). Regardless, I hope I am wrong for obvious reasons. I trust Doom's judgment as he knows the game better then I do, so we will see.

KIMBOOOOOOO!!!! lol no probs bro.

Im not sure which castle is no.2 but i believe no.4 has the closest siege tower so you get up onto the walls pretty darn quick.

ANSWER TO DOOM!!!

Sorry Doom, in regards to numbers we had 2 people pull out so now we are sitting on 7 players :sad: but do not fear ill try to press some people into service pronto! and if we have to fight you 7v8 we will, as that was the minimum agreed on.

In regards to numbers and factions for the 2nd fight, numbers will be the same as the 1st one so it depends on wat we can get so lets say 7-10. In regards to faction, well ive told them what i think we should go but the decision isnt up to me and they're still thinking about it sigh! (its what we get for having a democracy)!

Sorry for the inconvenience, we're not trying to stuff you around or anything its just hard to get a hold of everyone and most of the people in the clan are pretty casual so it can be a bit difficult.

Rawr_Calis said:
ANSWER TO DOOM!!!

Sorry Doom, in regards to numbers we had 2 people pull out so now we are sitting on 7 players :sad: but do not fear ill try to press some people into service pronto! and if we have to fight you 7v8 we will, as that was the minimum agreed on.

(its what we get for having a democracy)!

Sorry for the inconvenience, we're not trying to stuff you around or anything its just hard to get a hold of everyone and most of the people in the clan are pretty casual so it can be a bit difficult.

That's fine. Would just be awesome to know as soon as you can so I can tell people IF they can play or not.

It will be good experience for both our clans, as we're going to have a few 'first gamers'. Squeek and Madness, two of our females will be participating in their first match if all goes to plan.

I assume you agreed with 7pm yes?

You need someone calling the shots in any organisation, it's the only way it works. Obviously participating people in the decision process is important but I am picturing you guys as politicians arguing with each other. Inefficient!

---------------------------

Ohhh Kimbo, the pressure is on now. We'll see what happens on that fateful day. It shall be interesting. This is a first run at a castle map, so there is obvious flaws that can happen, but lets hope our predictions in these settings are close to even and we have a good match. RAWR is good at camping, often on field by the river they take the ruins and it's very hard to do anything.

If RAWR fight at their walls, it still takes 15 secs atleast for a Dojo to make it TO the flag, longer given resistance of course. I think the 5 minutes is about reasonable and 15 second respawn suitable. We spawn in 1/5th of the time.

thakey said:
sathe said:
Respect, Oh Cool I'm Watched!

You sir, have been dobbed on.

Naughty boy.

Sorry for the delay, we have, well, I have decided we go Vaegirs again, And btw its a dual dictatorship overhere. We just consider the opinions of our members and make a decision that supports as many as we can but also ourselves. Good luck, and hope we dont lose our hex so early after we just entered..

Sorry for the late notice, but we're going to have to cancel the AoS match.

Sushi is without internets and me and Papa Lazarou have family matters to attend to this weekend.

Hopefully we can reschedule for next week sometimes.

Oh, and Laszlo, can you remove Hershey as one of the SPLH generals and put Havoc in instead?

Knightmeister said:
Its just a suggestion, there is no concensus on what a different flag would look like as this is just the one I like best.

wait what? Why would they want to change the Australian flag?

Hey!

Posted two videos up.

Originally I had it all nicely done with different songs etc, then it cancelled because the video was too long (14 min, 10 min max).

So I split it in two and now it has the same music, BUT oh well :razz: It's very suitable to medieval wars.

Hope you enjoy them!

Part 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4luVPxBofc    (Had a dodgy link)
Part 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6EVfjaT-YU&feature=youtube_gdata

Good battles, I wish I got the bit where Azraine was against 6 himself, defeated 5, then lost in his final battle. It was epic as.

Moss said:
That big Union Jack shaped thing in the top left corner. :razz:

Part of the debate about becoming a republic.

Is there any benefits of becoming a republic? its not like we pay taxes to england... do we? i dont think we do

We're completely seperate from them anyway, it would just be a big hassle and a waste of time/money to change things around with no real effect. i.e we would have to re-issue money so the queens head isnt on it, that would be a big waste of time.

Cananda is still part of the commonwealth aint it? They dont even have a union jack!

Aye, don't really see much point in it myself.

What we do need though is a new constitution. Not sure if you've ever read ours, but the only reason the country runs is for the most part we ignore nearly everything in it. :razz:

Knightmeister said:
Its just a suggestion, there is no concensus on what a different flag would look like as this is just the one I like best.

Tbh I believe it should be left how it is and not be tampered with! Anyways, back to clan issues hahaha. Off topic XD

mb26.jpg

GG SPL, quick clean and fun match. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom