<> OCEANIC CAMPAIGN I: OFFICIAL THREAD <>

Users who are viewing this thread

Papa Lazarou said:
Against three men I hardly think that necessary, my liege.

Alas, you have caught the more foolhardy and impetuous side of my diplomatic banter.

Very well, we have accepted a 4 vs 10, and therefore we will draw from our ranks first, and KoS willing, from theirs after.

We will finalize factions, date, and a time and post this all later.

So Let me get this straight, IH or anyone for that matter doesn't have to worry about getting attacked ever again if they don't want it?
See you guys in 2 years when this campaign is finished lol...

The 24 hour Rule Wig suggested sounds much better.

sathe said:
So Let me get this straight, IH or anyone for that matter doesn't have to worry about getting attacked ever again if they don't want it?
See you guys in 2 years when this campaign is finished lol...

The 24 hour Rule Wig suggested sounds much better.

Laszlo has the right to allow an attack if a clan is just avoiding conflict all the time etc.

This is the first time we've done this, so there will obviously be some adjustments, but perhaps send Laszlo a message about it, he is open to suggestions.

Diplomatic announcement:
Dojo and KEEN have formed an alliance as of the 22nd of March.

also a question, if a kingdom is cut off from their allied kingdom by hostile lands, does that mean that their allies cannot join a battle for their side on a contested hex (as in a hex that is not connected in a chain to the ally's castle)

UberWiggett said:
also a question, if a kingdom is cut off from their allied kingdom by hostile lands, does that mean that their allies cannot join a battle for their side on a contested hex (as in a hex that is not connected in a chain to the ally's castle)

Correct.
However, this would quite rare, at least in the early stages of the campaign.
Just to illustrate, let's look at the contested hex B3.

• KoS can aid SPLH because we can pass through their territory to B3
  • Dojo can't aid KEEN because they allied after KEEN launched the attack, but:
    • Had Dojo and KEEN been allied, Dojo could sail across the sea, land on KEEN territory, then march up to B3 and aid KEEN

Dojo could only not aid KEEN if KEEN lacked those three coastel hexes (D7, C8, C9)

I was just thinking Laszlo, maybe once the GON servers are updated, you could change/update the map and add in the new MP maps in there somewhere? Would be cool if the nordic dock map for instance was on the coast somewhere.

Scorch! said:
I was just thinking Laszlo, maybe once the GON servers are updated, you could change/update the map and add in the new MP maps in there somewhere? Would be cool if the nordic dock map for instance was on the coast somewhere.

Wow that was exactly what I came back to write.

We have too many open plains maps anyway.

HTAPAWASO said:
Scorch! said:

I was under the impression that the defender got to choose the map which were open plain ones. Whereas the settlements and in future maybe the ocean ones are all selected maps.

------------- DOJO OFFENSIVE -------------

A Dojo force of 6 men Sail North towards SPL's F3 Hex to conquer more land.
Estimated time of arrival is 8pm, Wednesday the 25th of March. Due to weather conditions, this may be delayed by a day.​

Doomicus said:
HTAPAWASO said:
Scorch! said:

I was under the impression that the defender got to choose the map which were open plain ones. Whereas the settlements and in future maybe the ocean ones are all selected maps.

------------- DOJO OFFENSIVE -------------

A Dojo force of 6 men Sail North towards SPL's F3 Hex to conquer more land.
Estimated time of arrival is 8pm, Wednesday the 25th of March. Due to weather conditions, this may be delayed by a day.​

Ah I didn't realise that.

Either way, the new maps are awesome, but I suppose if we can choose them anyway it doesn't matter.

And why is everyone bullying SPL?

Doomicus said:
Not the case afaik, I will check again, but the maps that are represented on the campaign map are the maps you must fight on. That is why I asked laszlo to add some of the new maps in, so that there is less random plains.

Wigg, I want to confirm the 10 v 10 on Field by the River. You okay with a first to 5 match?

EDIT: Yeah you have to fight on the map denoted by the hex:
6. Territorial disputes over settlements and unsettled land are resolved in-game (Battle  game mode) fought on the map denoted by the hex.

HTAPAWASO said:
Scorch! said:

Hell yes I will definitely look at doing that.

I will also try to open up a discussion on spectator rules soon.

And Scorch is right on map selection. Defenders get to choose the type of castle on their castle hex, but that's the only choice they get. I also may have said somewhere that you can choose which size on random maps (large vs medium) but it's still gotta be a random plains/steppe map of some sort.

Gotcha Laszlo, thanks for clearing it up.

Just letting you guys know, our match with IH was best of 10 and it took around 25-40 minutes. Often we went to the end of the round though (master of the field) because of camping etc.

I am yet to play a new map, but would be happy if the Adjudicator decided to change the F3 hex to the new map in time for Dojos Offensive on SPLH.

WASO, this is a WAR! It's no place for sympathy.

Sushiman said:
Why does he have to change our territory?

No-one said anyone HAD to do ANYTHING. Just suggestions.

Port Assault makes sense for the hexes which are attack by ship.

The less plain field maps the better IMO. As most of us have experience with normal maps like Field by the River, Ruins, Ruined Fort, Village etc.

But that also means a possible draw, that okay with you then? Not sure what we do in those circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom