A quick question regarding mods

Users who are viewing this thread

JBREBEL

Recruit
Hi everyone I have a quick question, I am a big fan of the mods fire arrow, sword of Damocles, and lords and realms. Is there any way to take arms, armor, and horses from one mod and add it to another? for example take arms and armor from SoD and lords and realms and add it to the fire arrow mod. I searched the recent ten pages for this topic but nothing. If someone could tell me how to do it or if someone knows a link to a similar topic that would make my day.  :grin: thanks.

You will need brfedit for that, it is much easier than openbrf for that operation. Now, open it and create new file. Find import button and import mesh, textures and material, save it. Go to module ini and type load_mod_resource = name of your new file on the bottom of file. Now go to your item kinds txt file and copy some similar armour- for example, coat of plates or lamellar...- on the bottom of the file, just make sure it is merchantise so you can find it in stores. Retype name of your new item, first bracet is id of item, second is what you will see in the game, third is mesh name, that name from brfedit, and watch for name in third bracet- it must be exactly same as name in brf, watch for uppercase letters and stuffs like that. Go to top of file and change number you see- that number plus how many items you added. Save and you can play.

I'm experimenting making my own Mods. I followed your advice but with eight horses from other Mods as I wanted to start with some colourful horses. I'm now getting an error while loading the game:

Unable to open texture file Textures\horse1.dds

I don't have a horse1 in textures or the brf file or even item.kinds.

?????

Yes. If you got message unable to find that means you dont have that what he is unable to find, and if you have message attempt to register- you got it twice or more. Check textures in brf and textures in your textures folder.

It's confusing as non of the horses I copied were called that and as far as I'm aware nothing in the brf files, textures etc. Anyway, I gave up on the idea of copying other peoples horses and decided to make my own using the Wings3d. All was going well, the texture was perfectly matched to the horse body, converted it to a .dds file. Created all 3 brf files (mesh,mat and tex) and typed in the commands in modules.ini following the advice to the letter but now I can't download the Module System, it comes up 403 Forbidden.

I think this is a bit beyond me and as the reenactment season has started I won't really have time. It's a shame as I was hoping to make my own mod for the Wars of the Roses.

Anyway, I know you chaps have done a lot of hard work and there are some very good mods out there and some very patient people. Keep up the good work  :smile:

I know if you delete  a texture attached to a model and material with open brf it can bug out and warband will still look for it and  fail.  Spent a whole day trying to figure that problem out. 

Here is module system:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1694
And I can describe how I do it. I use openbrf (http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1466). When you create item you export it as wavefront obj file- you probably know that- than uv mapping and stuffs, export picture and create texture in adobe photoshop(it doesnt mean if I use adobe that you must- use whatever you program you want to use). When its all done, convert texture in dds and copy that dds in textures in your mod. Open openbrf, import mesh and than import material and texture from textures. Next just go at mesh you imported and assign that material to that mesh, and ofcourse save it. I do it like that and never had single problem with it, and just you to know I got many, many items in my mod. 

Back
Top Bottom