Prophesy of Pendor Version 3.0 Status Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I can't wait for PoP3 either! I caught wind of Gothic 4 coming out in Sept but honestly, I think I am more excited about this. Something about using real weapons and mounted combat tactics and chasing down cavalry makes me feel like the warriors must have felt back in the day. No magic lightning balls or heath potions. Just raw skill, a little luck, a strong force of warriors at your back and some baddies who want to greet my greatsword with their faces. Also the fact that Gothic 4 will likely cost 50-60$ and PoP is F-R-E-E is significant as well. Thank you Saxondragon and the rest of the amazing Team Pendor! Keep up the 5 star work!

-PoE

Sarpedon said:
SD & Team-
  Everything looks phenomenal.  You and your work are a tribute to the art of game design and I think you articulated the spirit of what makes an engaging, exciting and enriching experience for your fellow man very well.  Whats more, like any great craftsman, you are driven by passion -and it shows.
  Many thanks.

Thank you for your words of support.  We are trying to do something groundbreaking here.. pushing the envelope in a multitude of ways.  I will address this in detail once 3.0 has been released if there is any interest to entertain such a perspective and interactive dialogue.  Best - Saxondragon

Nameless Warrior said:
This sounds amazing. If the warband port is possible I may just wait for that. Increase the tension even further.

We have a sub team who have gone past the "Can it be done phase" and are working on a port.  The general concept is that the subsequent release past Pop 3.0 will be Pop 3.X for Warband.  It is Months and Months out..and this is being led by Mad Vader.

Paladin Of Elohym said:
Man, I can't wait for PoP3 either! I caught wind of Gothic 4 coming out in Sept but honestly, I think I am more excited about this. Something about using real weapons and mounted combat tactics and chasing down cavalry makes me feel like the warriors must have felt back in the day. No magic lightning balls or heath potions. Just raw skill, a little luck, a strong force of warriors at your back and some baddies who want to greet my greatsword with their faces. Also the fact that Gothic 4 will likely cost 50-60$ and PoP is F-R-E-E is significant as well. Thank you Saxondragon and the rest of the amazing Team Pendor! Keep up the 5 star work!

-PoE

Hello PoE,

Thank you for your kind words.

F-R-E-E.  Yes and No.. it costs a great deal.  It costs a great deal of time and dedication at the end of which the development team has only intrinsic rewards to show for their work.  While valuable and appreciated, it does not pay the rent.  This is why, ultimately, all such communities such as this one will eventually fade away. 

It is also why, at some time in the future, that someone with some vision and money will finally understand how to caputure all of this talent in a way that gives you, the player, amazingly more entertainment for your dollar/Euro/Yen/Ruble/Etc, empower folks like those of the teams here to make a living providing these offerings, and for the publisher.. reduce their risk to nil.  :smile:

I will post some screens later tonight or tomorrow..

Best,

Saxondragon

The six new companions replacing old friends in PoP 3.0!

From the lands of Veccavia hails Boadice:
boadice.jpg

The honorable Singalian and most skilled horsearcher Ediz
ediz.jpg

Dark Sir Alistair of the Order of the Eventide
siralistair.jpg

Shipwrecked in Pendor from the far island of Mettenheim it´s most reknowed Great Swordsman, Frederick of Mettenheim
fritzafter.jpg

Refined and Renegade of the Order of Eventide, Sir Jocelyn
jocelynd.jpg

Noldor Fanboys Beware - Lethaldiran. Duelist, Killer, Assassin, Noldor.
lethaldiran.jpg

Alyssa of the Snake Serpent
alyssac.jpg
Notice Kassim and the Mercenary in the Background? All Hail Jatu!

Replaced were:
Simon
Raveneye
Sardan
Horus
Gydia the Red
Janus Blackheart
Sir Timothy

Amazing companions, brilliant stuff. Although I pray that Sigismund is not one of the companions who has been replaced. If I have to trundle around Pendor without him then I will be a crestfallen man.

Ah, sorry M. I totally forgot Alyssa. I knew it was six new companions, guess I´ll have to steal her sould and provide a handy picture of her as well lateron today.

Sigismund Sinclair doesn´t look much else than he did, apart from the Siege Crossbow and steel bolts he got awarded for continous bravery in face of lethal danger. Means if you´re drunk enough and all day long  you´ll get a nice weapon on top of an astoundishing hangover.

As far as I can judge, these NPCs were replaced:

Sir Timothy
Horus
Gydia the Red
Raveneye
Sardan
Simon
Janus Blackheart

A pity for Horus though, I liked that old fella.

noosers said:
Sigismund Sinclair doesn´t look much else than he did, apart from the Siege Crossbow and steel bolts he got awarded for continous bravery in face of lethal danger. Means if you´re drunk enough and all day long  you´ll get a nice weapon on top of an astoundishing hangover.
He's really the role model for all aspiring Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet, then. "Drink Hard, Shoot Hard, Hit Hard."

Similarly, the Noldor chap for the Silvermist rangers.

Alyssa is the final companion replacement - she is a runaway Snake Cult Priestess, for all you Snake fanboys out there. 

Please don't concern yourselves over Siggy - everybody on the team loves him and there was never the faintest possibility that he would be replaced.  He - as usual - is kicking butt and taking names and also doing some other fun stuff.

This sounds well (looking forward to see Alyssa)
And.. wohoo Siggy is still in there (phew, was almost afraid of battles without him. I just know that if Siggy is still with me in a siege while battling in the siege... that place is mine!) :smile:

Hopefully thought Saxondragon, the official Dev Team will take inspiration from your work (and even better... recruit to the team). :smile: Well that is what I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom