Prophesy of Pendor Version 3.0 Status Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mr48 said:
hgghg4 said:
From what I understand is you want PC Battles to take game hours just like the NPC Battles do...

Well I dont know about Webspinnre, but what I want is that when I click "order your men to charge" the calculated result should be similar to what would happen if I actually played the battle out (without participating obviously). As it is now the results are just absurd.

I don't want them necessarily as fast as my fights, but when it takes a full day (or longer) for some battles, that's a bit crazy and out of proportion. Sometimes, I'll get a notice that my castle is under siege, and I'll turn around and head back, on the way fight 3 or 4 battles, get there, and they're still just chilling in the siege battle. If I have time to go halfway across the map, fight several battles, and still get back in time to join the main battle, that's probably a bit much. Heck, another way to balance would be to slightly shorten the the autocalc for NPC fights, and slightly lenghthen PC ones. A battle of 200v200 shouldn't be done in anywhere close to an hours worth of time using bows, swords and lances. That way when I'm riding back I'll have to think about whether to engage every party on the way, or hurry home so they don't take my castle.

I also second the idea for a better auto-calc. Doesn't need to be (and shouldn't be) giving the same results as actually fighting, but improvement would be excellent.

Agreed about Kt0's auto-calc.  Vanilla auto-calc is the one of the biggest reasons M&B can't be considered a true strategy game for it really only takes levels into account. KT0's version takes far more into account especially actual weaponry and armor types -would be great to see how POP's many uniquie items played out in true effect.

One better would be if AI parties would determine whom to fight and whom to avoid based on troop makeup rather then levels ie. a band of knight may not want engage a large band of pikemen on the map. Shame Warband didn't move more in this direction...

Hello Everyone,

The module system has been updated to reflect the changes to Warband.  Our plan is to go into beta with the next version of POP using the old system (1.011), and then investigate what it will take to make the port to the new module system.

I want to take this moment to thank our Dev Team, especially Mad Vader, Fawzia and Noosers, for all of their tireless work in making this next release a reality. 

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

Another quick question: Will there be a limit on the number of times you can upgrade your honor troops in PoP 3.0?

I hope so, because its just way too tempting and when you do it the game becomes too easy. It s pretty game-breaking.

Edit: Perhaps remove the honor troop upgrading completely.

Edit 2: Or maybe make the renown point cost of training them increase exponentially with every 10,000 dinar upgrade. This way you can keep making them unstoppable killing machines but soon you will almost not be able to train any new ones unless you fight epic battles every day.

aw dang now I gotta actually work for my wins a little more... darn.. oh well more kills for me :grin:

saxondragon said:
Hello Everyone,

The module system has been updated to reflect the changes to Warband.  Our plan is to go into beta with the next version of POP using the old system (1.011), and then investigate what it will take to make the port to the new module system.

I want to take this moment to thank our Dev Team, especially Mad Vader, Fawzia and Noosers, for all of their tireless work in making this next release a reality. 

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

I wish you luck in your investigation ;-D
I won't play singleplayer less it's Pendor.

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
SD will enlist beta testers when he needs them, but we don't need any at present.  Thanks for the offer, anyhow.

You know,my friend,we would be doing the chap a favor by putting him into the beta test,not vice versa.
But I suppose thats like thanks in advance or something.

~Ãbyss

I was not telling him to get lost, merely that SD will say when he is ready to enlist beta testers.  Our first beta, last I heard, will be mostly an in-house beta test on the Dev Forum.  For PoP 2, SD put a notice on the PoP Forum recruiting beta testers, so I expect he will do the same again, when he is ready for more testers.  I also thanked him for his offer to beta test.  (We also have some beta testers lined up already, for testing specific areas of the game, so we can cover more ground faster and more thoroughly when testing initially.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom