Prophesy of Pendor Version 3.0 Status Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news SD!! And TBH you and your team designed the PoP so well that it still presents a challenge to me even after months of playing making it one of my main games along with Call of Duty: MW2 and E:TW. But will await for the new version eagerly too.

Cheers!!

saxondragon said:
akuthia said:
not to get sidetracked on the purpose of this thread, but i was always under the assumption/belief that the 32 or 64 unit limit in a battle was something that was hardcoded into the m&b, not something that could be modified by a game mod? Does that now seem to be incorrect? or have you gained access to the actual main branch code?

Two totally different things Akuthia.  There is a hard coded limit to the amount of troops in a party.  That number is 32.  It also stands to reason that this limit plays into a single battle "round".  The question is: Does it play into the calculation of total troops on a side between multiple rounds?

What we are referencing is the underlying reasons why, when the player joins an existing battle between two groups, that the amount of troops per side is different from the auto resolve.  For example, I come upon a battle where five Sarleon Lords are taking on the Dread Legion.  The amount of troops  is 450 to 120 respectively.  In this situation when the player joins, it is not uncommon to see suddenly that he is supporting maybe 50 additional troops plus his own against the enemy 120.

As long as we have no more than 64 different types of troops in a single "round", we should be just fine.  It all depends upon how this was coded and what we can do to figure it out.

Best regards,

Saxondragon

Ah, ok, sorry my misunderstanding.

When hell freezes over.
So get a pair of skates and keep your winter clothes around.

:wink:

It will be released when it´s finished. And that will still take quite some time.

Dargor said:
10. Another way of selecting color for player's faction. May be like in "Custom settlements" or something like that with changing RGB.

Or changing the color names to more generic ones, like White, Blue, Yellow... instead of the ones there are now

@Dargor and LMjai - Come on, you guys, this page is for an UPDATE on what the team is doing, not for suggestions.  You are a day late and a dollar short on suggestions, so please don't post any more here.  This is not a suggestions thread.  We had one of those for a good while and it is locked now.  Both your suggestions are on the list anyhow.

*Palpatine Voice* Excellent...excellent. hehehe. *Normal  :lol:* Yeah I dont normally post (obviously by my post count) but have to say I am awaiting this release eagerly as POP is probably my favorite mod.

Hmmm i was wondering , is there a place where we can see some preview (Screenshot) of the next release ?

Ok..Selvhan

Here is some model work to whet your appitite..
This is the graphic work that has been done by Archangel.

female_plate_01.jpg

wip_3.jpg

Heraldic Plate
heraldic_03.jpg

armets_02.jpg

Ravenstern has taken on a distinct look and feel...
ravenstern_04.jpg

Here is Prototype ( key on Prototype .. meaning not fully implemented and we are examing this)  Thank you Mad Vader for this work!

AchievementReport1024.jpg

vaseline2.jpg

There is lots more.. but it is all "under the hood".. and no screens are ready for release.

Best,

Saxondragon

Not the fabled Infinite Supply of Vaseline!!!!!Damn it Saxondragon (though i think this was all nooser's idea) you know that half the people playing this mod (myself included) will garison their troops , leave their worldly posessions inside an owned castle's/town's chest and go get themselves caught 10 times just to get this prized title!

Actually, Noosers is innocent of your charge - it was MadVader.  I cannot imagine why anybody would covet that achievement award, but I guess it takes all kinds.

:shock: I wasn't all that serious about it!I just thought the title was very funny.
Sorry for thinking it was nooser behind this , but i have seen him awarding this on quite a few occasions! :twisted:

Yes sir. I really hope this makes it into PoP 3.0. It´s a way better than what I thought of.

Mad Vader took a good idea and put cream and a cherry on top :razz:
So blame him for transferring something to basically shame the player into something desireable. Just the wicked sense of humor needed to fullily enjoy it.

saxondragon said:
Ok..Selvhan

Here is some model work to whet your appitite..
This is the graphic work that has been done by Archangel.

female_plate_01.jpg

wip_3.jpg

Heraldic Plate
heraldic_03.jpg

armets_02.jpg

Ravenstern has taken on a distinct look and feel...
ravenstern_04.jpg

Here is Prototype ( key on Prototype .. meaning not fully implemented and we are examing this)  Thank you Mad Vader for this work!

AchievementReport1024.jpg

vaseline2.jpg

There is lots more.. but it is all "under the hood".. and no screens are ready for release.

Best,

Saxondragon

Hahaha, brilliant achievements!

I also like the female armour!

Is there any chance that for 3.0 release every armour piece will have it's own female version?

In 2.5 lack of it was reason no.1 why I couldn't make myself create a female character, even if it meant good roleplaying value. The models would just get 'fat' and look like a weird hybrid of man and woman ...

It's good to see that these screenshots present a good artistic balance, I was bloody tired (in another games and mods) to see women portrayed as pimps in completely useless (as far as the battle goes) armour pieces!

All the armor is not redone for women, but Archangel2K did a ton of it.  I think all of us women (and the men who like female characters) who play M&B and PoP will be very grateful to him when they see it.  I had complained in the Dev Forum about the lack of good female armor, because his overhaul of the men's armor was absolutely fantastic and he adapted some of the best armor in PoP to show a woman's shape in just a couple of days.  Just to reassure you, Achilla, there is no fantasy, "sexy" armor there, either!  I despise that in so many other games myself.

Edit: It is even better that he redid the women's armor, because in PoP 3's later stages it will be fun to play a woman character.

Outstanding !

Thx for making the pain to wait harder but at least, i know it won't be for nothing ( even if i knew this from the moment you announced the version 3.0 :wink: )

Incredible modeling. While the women's armor already in the game be fixed so that women don't look like they have a 6 inch waist? I like the armor, just not the funny way they end up looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom