Prophesy of Pendor Version 3.0 Status Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very excited to hear the launch is on track for tomorrow. I do have a quick question, I understand that most likely my save game will not be compatible, so if I import a character (mine from beta 10) is that consider a "cheat" that will disable my ability to get achievements? I currently do not have any of the achievements  on my main save.

Thanks.

Hyde

I haven't played in some time but Prophesy of Pendor was the first mod I played. I would like to thank the Dev team for sucking me back into Pendor once again. I even dusted off my old backup gaming rig to insure I can play 3.0 . Hopefully I will avoid being turned into a human pin cushion this time around.  :grin:

Looking forward for the release of PoP 3. As has been said, the work that you have done so far (I've not seen Pop 3 yet) is what M&M aught to have been.
I look forward to play in the world that you have created. :smile:
(Now to find out what 2-3 am Easter time means in CET, rushes over to a converter to check)

Hyde705 said:
Very excited to hear the launch is on track for tomorrow. I do have a quick question, I understand that most likely my save game will not be compatible, so if I import a character (mine from beta 10) is that consider a "cheat" that will disable my ability to get achievements? I currently do not have any of the achievements  on my main save.

Thanks.

Hyde

It won't trigger the Cheat achivement, however if you've got a huge buffed character with 100k+ gold and max skills you might miss out on the intended starting experience.

Hello Folks,

Just a quick note that this "launch" is a process, not done in just a few moments.  I mention this as to set expectations correctly. 

We are still looking at a late afternoon release (approx 9-11 hours away), but you will see a series of changes to this board in the next few hours.

Be patient.. we are almost there.

Kindest regards,

saxondragon

Engaging Primary Salivating Drives.....They are on Standby for "Launch" & Powering up for Warp ...

I'm not a trekkie, but.... Saxon Dragon..(tongue in cheek)
If you were Captain Of the Enterprise
who from your team would most likely be "Scottie"?...

littlemikey said:
Hyde705 said:

Thanks.

Hyde

It won't trigger the Cheat achivement, however if you've got a huge buffed character with 100k+ gold and max skills you might miss out on the intended starting experience.

I understand that, but my character is now level 25, and was started in Pendor beta 10 so unless the beginning of the game is drastically different from beta 10 to the official launch then I do not feel I will be missing anything that I did not already experience with the beta. My gaming time is limited to 1-2 hours per night (after my family is asleep) so if I can bypass the first few nights of arena fighting to build up some levels, money, and weapon skills then to me that is a good thing.

It's YOUR decision my friend. As long as you are comfortable and confident with it,you do not need to ask for confirmation,or approval from anyone.Go ahead if you feel like it.

~Ãbyss

Ãbyss said:
It's YOUR decision my friend. As long as you are comfortable and confident with it,you do not need to ask for confirmation,or approval from anyone.Go ahead if you feel like it.

~Ãbyss

Thanks for not torching me Abyss. I was not looking for confirmation so much as probing to see if perhaps some of the early game had been altered since Beta10. In my humble opinion the early grind of M&B is very similar no matter what mod you are playing, however early game of Pendor does require some Vaseline.

It seems from following the thread that most of the changes since Beta 10 have to do with stability and mid to late game balance.

lol i wanna plunder world of pendor then send u a ss with a smile on it for a long time in WB.

Hyde705 said:
Ãbyss said:

~Ãbyss

Thanks for not torching me Abyss. I was not looking for confirmation so much as probing to see if perhaps some of the early game had been altered since Beta10. In my humble opinion the early grind of M&B is very similar no matter what mod you are playing, however early game of Pendor does require some Vaseline.

It seems from following the thread that most of the changes since Beta 10 have to do with stability and mid to late game balance.

I hear that Hyde.  An early capture and loss of horse can really draw out and make tedious the beginning phase of the game.  A different type of 'character building', to quote Calvin's Dad).
The real  fun and work does seem to be in the middle game with the questing knights, advanced troops etc.  Only change in the beginning seems to be more parties you need to be running from. 

I hear that Hyde.  An early capture and loss of horse can really draw out and make tedious the beginning phase of the game.  A different type of 'character building', to quote Calvin's Dad).
The real  fun and work does seem to be in the middle game with the questing knights, advanced troops etc.  Only change in the beginning seems to be more parties you need to be running from.

There are a few more such as the daughter's of persinoe.  These are large slow moving parties and do not pose much threat to any party that travels wisely.  These spawns seem to gobble up brigands and rabble, but for some reason attack the player but not any major faction making some group maneuvers difficult.  If you struggle with horse problems i recommend moving to dshar territory and knock off some roving bands of horsemen, don't be afraid to ditch some men to flee a battle, the better part of valor is discretion.  For every unfriendly spawn there are a dozen friendly spawns such as roving knights of various orders.  Cheers!

Meliadoul said:
Silly me for forgetting the instructions in the first place. Here they are now.

First download and install or extract the Explorer Suite (we are using CFF explorer in the suite) from http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php.
Next make a backup copy of game executable file (Something like mab.exe).
Start CFF Explorer and open the original executable (*.exe) file.
Note: Vista users with UAC enabled should use the "Run as Administrator" option, else you would not be able to save the modified executable to the Program Files directory.
Now go to NT Header/File Header and click File Header. There you will find a button labeled "Click Here" (on the right side). Click it.
Now select the checkbox "App can handle> 2gb adresses".
Save the modified EXE, overwrite the orginal one. (Note in Vista you must be running CFF Explorer in Administrator Mode).

Best regards, Meliadoul of Ravenstern

(Sorry for bad english, I'm read-only in this language)

This way work with many exe, but unusable with mount&blade.exe.
After the modification, the program write in error "window" in starting time: "File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it's infected by a Virus or cracked. This file won't work anymore"  :cry:

SaGa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom