Prophesy of Pendor Version 3.0 Status Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i'm on win7 ultimate x64 and it crashes at every battle with more than 30 people or so, i had the battlesizer set to 50 it's a shame ¬¬
I'm using the beta from the facebook

LMjai said:
well i'm on win7 ultimate x64 and it crashes at every battle with more than 30 people or so, i had the battlesizer set to 50 it's a shame ¬¬

For you, it will stop crashing on Christmas.  :mrgreen:
For everyone else, we are looking seriously into this and exploring several solutions. There is no easy fix, it may have something to do with some hidden limitations of the MnB engine, or how it behaves on certain systems.
Most of the players should have little problems, though.

LMjai said:

I'm having the same issue. Hope there is a solution. Waiting for the port to WB for this awesome mod will suck. I was able to get by a few large battles by simply looking at the ground and commanding everyone using the map but that is no fun.

LMjai said:

has you try to set the large address aware flag for m&B? only usefull if you have a 64bit OS.

http://www.3dcenter.org/artikel/das-large-address-aware-flag

We are looking for solutions but what is coming back  from our testing and queries to other game company contacts (Not Taleworlds but contacts I have in other development houses ) is : "This is why we do not support our products under windows 7".  :roll:

I am not happy about it  :evil:... but the odd thing is.. those with 32 bit systems are generally not having issues.    :?:

The irony here is that i developed on a very old system just to make sure that people who do not have cutting edge systems can still play... and there are no problems for those older systems.  :shock:

We are still putting many hours into trying to quantify *exactly* what the trip wire is that causes this issue... having gone so far as to make a seperate patch for 64 bit systems that removes many of the items in the game so they can play.  (ie.. chainging out the meshes so we keep them low).

Again, not optimal.  Not even close.  However, we do not have the resources, (budget or time) to sovle this problem with the engine.  The anwer may be the port to Warband that apparently is much more robust and will be able to handle this for the 64 bit system players.

Best reards,

Saxondragon

saxondragon said:
I am not happy about it  :evil:... but the odd thing is.. those with 32 bit systems are generally not having issues.   

I'm having these issues with Vista 32 bit. I just recently upgraded everything important so it's not my comp. I might have to wait for WB port  :mad:

saxondragon said:
... having gone so far as to make a seperate patch for 64 bit systems that removes many of the items in the game so they can play.  (ie.. chainging out the meshes so we keep them low).

i realy hope this is pure optional. i rather fiddle with the probs and be a (self) problem solver.

That patch is optional,though there is another homemade Abyss remedy to this issue,I reverted all scene files and scenery meshes back to PoP v2.5 and had no crashes whatsoever,with keeping all of the items intact. Though this patch has not currently been approved by the rest of the team,I like to sacrifice only scenery which is not really important and gain stability.

~Ãbyss

Abyss' solution may be the best for Windows 7 users.  When I was having crash problems in earlier betas, I had to stand about and let the others fight and siege, and did not crash since Abyss and Sysyphe added all those LODs.  The Empire spears were causing hideous problems.  For some reason, too, the Nvidia cards were working better with PoP 3 than ATI initially.

Anyhow, as SD says, his team are working on it.  (I am very grateful to have XP Professional 32 bit, Nvidia card but I rolled back the latest drivers to the ones before -  NOT Vista or Windows 7 64 bit.)  Another of our team members - LittleMikey - is actually installing another drive on his computer, for PoP, to run it in XP, I think.  After the mod is released, you might ask him how that worked for him.  Perhaps if you can devote an older drive to XP and run PoP 3 on that, it will help.

That is quite some bad news. I had no problem at all on M&B since i have windows 7 - 64 bit. Maybe it never been put to use as it is in PoP 3.0

I'm gonna try the "normal" version when it will be released and see what happen. Did you tried PoP 3.0 on an official windows 7 ? Not the beta or something illegal i mean..

Yes, POP runs much more heavy than Regular M&B due to the additional items, graphics and scripts.

Mad Vader has posted the actual running stats on the Dev Board and it is significantly higher.

What is important:
1) We are working on it. (we have spend maybe 100 man hours on this this last week so far and have developed two mitigating strategies of which I am aware).
2) We ARE porting POP 3.0 to Warband.. and the issues apparently do not exist there.

In the long run it will be fine.  None of us have answers now, and can only tell you what we are discovering and what we are trying to do to addres this.  I am certain we will have additional options for folks with the new 64 bit systems and we are putting together information to help people navigate through this.  It is all we can do.

@ Selvhan - of course.  We have multiple testers with different configurations and I am assuming legal windows 7 and Vista copies. 

Best regards,

Saxondragon

Would you delay the 3.0 release if you cannot fix the 64bit problems and if it runs fine for 32bit systems could we get a 32bit release with a delayed 64bit release? I was also wondering if the improved sieges mod was compatible with 3.0.

I was having issues with crashes (I'm on Vista 64 bit). I mostly could fight the field battles and only crash sometimes but I was really having trouble in siege battles. Last night, I was trying to take a castle and about 3/4 of the way thought the battle I would crash. After 3 or 4 times of that I lowered some of my video settings in game. Such as reduced the Texture, Character, and Shadow quality slider as well as reduced the grass density. I also turned off rag dolls, particle systems anisotropic filtering.

For that particular siege I had many of the sliders at 50% and I was able to play all the way through the battle. Afterward I raised some of the sliders to about 75% ( to make some of the armors and such look a bit better). While I did not attempt another siege yet I did not have any crashing for the rest of my time playing last night.

I plan to keep pushing the sliders back up and enable some of the other settings until I find a "sweet spot" that gives me the best quality without crashing. Seems silly since my PC should be able to easily run M&B with max settings and actually I do with other mods.

Hyde

arghy said:
Would you delay the 3.0 release if you cannot fix the 64bit problems and if it runs fine for 32bit systems could we get a 32bit release with a delayed 64bit release? I was also wondering if the improved sieges mod was compatible with 3.0.

Please do not ask questions that seem to discriminate 32 bit and 64 bit users. It is very unkind in my opinion.As the crashtest team we're doing extended tests and settings with modified game files.
We have a currently working but new-scenery deprived PoP 3.0 and we're working towards optimizing it further. In the worst possible situation,we'll have a few patches for 64 bit users that they can use to play the game crash free,but either without some of the new items or some of the new scenery.Hopefully and possibly,we are working to find the cause to this,which is the most important part of solving this issue.So ye good people,worry not for thou shalt nigh receive thine PoP 3 amusement.

SD has all the answers about release,when,how,and where and SD's the mastermind behind the gunmen,he calls each and every shot in this project. Best bet for answers = contact SD.

About improved sieges mod,we do not know if it's compatible or not,if you're willing to test it out for yourself,come back with results either good or bad and we'll appreciate the input,but any complaints or drama in case it does not work will earn you unfriendly responses.

~Ãbyss

arghy said:

Hello Arghy,

No, we will not delay the release.  As Abyss has mentioned we will put out a solution for the folks with 64 bit systems as an add-on if they are having issues.  To your other question, I would not trust improved sieges with this mod under M&B.. perhaps once it is released for Warband it may work.  if you add it, then embrace the expectation of failure.

@Hyde795 -
Thanks for the info.  This is what we are experiencing ourselves with some systems.  Please post what you have found so we can compare with our own tests.

The ironic thing is that I am running an old single processor 3.0 Ghz system with a low-mid range graphics card.. and have not had a single crash... quite the opposite.. having the best time playing M&B I can remember.  I could fill pages of things that have happened that were noteworthy in the game I am playing just in the last 10 hours. 

From having to fight 4 Knights of Eventide singlehandedly to watching Ravenstern get dismantled by primarily the D'Shar and secondarily by the Fierdsvain.  At one point three Ravenstern cities were under siege and two were being attacked.  I am only 50 days in.

I digress..

I am giving updates as they occur so everyone can see what is happening.  I do not want any surprises when the mod is released.

Best,

Saxondragon

hoellenbewohner said:
has you try to set the large address aware flag for m&B? only usefull if you have a 64bit OS.

Sorry, german is not my thing.

saxondragon said:
We are still putting many hours into trying to quantify *exactly* what the trip wire is that causes this issue... having gone so far as to make a seperate patch for 64 bit systems that removes many of the items in the game so they can play.  (ie.. chainging out the meshes so we keep them low).

In 2.5 I always had everything at max and battlesizer set to 1000 I just had to set corpses and ragdolls to 0. The sieges and battles with jatu were amazing. Don't take that out of the game ok? :^P

MadVader said:
For you, it will stop crashing on Christmas.  :mrgreen:
I hope you're right and I have it working perfect this year. xD

hoellenbewohner said:
LMjai said:

How do you run it after you've changed it? Mikey tested this and it complains about checksum or tampering.

hey guys

the "ultra secret link" on facebook does not work anymore, since the file does not exist..is there anyway for me to download it or am i doomed to wait for the release? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom