Napoleon Total war

Users who are viewing this thread

I should probably wait a while to get Napoleon, my computer was only just able to run Empire.

Dain should be logged on a little later to give play by play feedback the new features he's experienced.

Right now though, he's playing his eyeballs out  :lol:

I'm really not sure why you're so convinced I'm going to get it Ealabor. Really don't have time or inclination to spend money on games atm.

Dain Ironfoot said:
I'm really not sure why you're so convinced I'm going to get it Ealabor. Really don't have time or inclination to spend money on games atm.

okie doke  :wink:

HTAPAWASO said:
and all the good mods are released.

Yeah thats what makes online gaming superior to console.

So many of them pay return on the price with modding. It's great that a game can become worn in, then lay dormant for months, maybe even years till some total conversion mod come out, then the experience is fresh again.

Thats why I'm going to lurk and wait for this one until Christmas at least. Hopefully patches, uniform editor and a few mods will be out by that stage.

As much as the reviews seem more positive for this one, there's still nothing about screaming "buy me!" I'm still having more fun with the grander scale of Empire to be seduced by a (very pretty) reskin and some changed mechanics. Really not impressed at the removal of firing drills though.

On that topic, extraordinarily pretty Northern War mod released for Empire today. I'm just waiting for the Darthmod version to incorporate it into my custom mod.
pict_1339.jpg

Now..

Concerning the new features as was discussed in the Empire thread, was the intention on retroporting as much content as possible to Empire just for those that bought Napoleon, or for all?

(not sure if steam would be a factor there)

Nothing at all as been retroported I'm afraid. We'll see what the Empire patch which is apparently in the works brings.. but they say that they've changed too much now.

COGlory said:
What's the major difference (disregarding timeline) between N:TW and E:TW?
N:TW is focused on specific campaigns rather than being free play. The graphics have been made prettier, you're now limited to a pool of generals who actually have some neat abilities,  and the campaign supports multiplayer from the off. Beyond that, buggered if I know. I'm buying it because it's got Napoleon in it, if I'm honest.

The battle mechanics have changed a lot it'd seem, mainly due to the removal of firing drills and the speeding up of reload times and things. Simplifying everything it sounds like.

Apparently diplomacy is a lot better now, plus the whole supply line thingy and the options to peacefully occupy, loot or liberate is back.

All the stuff that should probably have been in Empire really.

So it's one of the games you buy just to have?  I mean, other then the graphics, it seems to be a $40 dollar mod to me.  I'm gonna lay off. 

EDIT:  Ninja'd

Well, I take that back.  Maybe I'll get it.  I wonder if they have a demo... 

I don't want Napoleon, forty dollar price tag aside, simply because it takes so much away from the real game.

I generally play small Emergent nations like Scotland and then spread to what-ever takes my fancy.

A linear, dumbed down campaign does not sound like an upgrade to me. Neither does faster reload times or lack of firing drills.

So like most sequels, they've made it a down-grade.

I'm really hoping they back-port the diplomacy and uniform editor.

Edit : Oh and the hats are atrocious. In the words of Wellesley, "I've never seen so many shocking bad hats in my life."

Back
Top Bottom