Spencer Reating Rifle feels a bit powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

OK, it's a little on the costly side, but it has great accuracy, a magazine, great damage, and reloads fairly quick and with it I can take on forces of over 100 via guerrilla tactics/circling on horseback/sniping (on another note, the enemies can't seem to aim up that well) if I fill the other 3 slots with ammo and have managed to cause the destruction of 2 of the bandit minor factions (I think  I did it by getting rid of their leaders for an extended time) without any help (beyond about 2 dozen distractions during one siege)

The spencer is very very good.

Yes its pricey but it the only way the mod developer can try to keep it out of your hands for a bit longer. ( That plus make it maybe a bit rarer)

Once you have the best gear on yourself and your mates the game becomes much easier. ( I am not going to mention what I at first I thought was good since in retrospect it is plain embarrising)

It is the perpetual fight of designers wanting to give you a challenge without scaring off too many people ( This is the reason I LOVE mods that don't care and push limits...please make it hard )

P.s Those that disagree can go play halo :smile:

I find it far better than the Winchester, more powerful and it seems more accurate than the 3% difference (or whatever) the stats are.

The Winchester seems like shooting someone with a .22 (not that Ive done that lately) takes several shots to put them down, seems a little underpowered for such a famous gun, esp with a .44 calibre.

This is why I love the USA veteran regulars as most of them have spencers, they are the best foot troops by a mile IMO, fairly cheap and as soon as they get the repeaters they just mow down everything within less than long range.
Custom battles are quite variable due to luck and terrain but I found usually 5 Vet regulars (spencers) beat 10 regulars (Sharps with 1 or 2 spencers)

Percival Goodenough said:
I find it far better than the Winchester, more powerful and it seems more accurate than the 3% difference (or whatever) the stats are.

The Winchester seems like shooting someone with a .22 (not that Ive done that lately) takes several shots to put them down, seems a little underpowered for such a famous gun, esp with a .44 calibre.

Well, considering that the Spencer is .52, and given the basic geometric laws of volume, it makes sense for the Spencer to be a lot more powerful. The .44 rimfire used in the Henry and Winchester 1866 was known to be underpowered.

Ok, well Im just a joe average punter, you guys obviously know your guns, good job.

I do think that as long as overall gameplay retains challenge that imbalance is fine as long as its historical. The repeater was a technological revolution, end of. It was imbalanced in real life.

Shrugging Khan said:
BTW...I just checked, and it seems there was one weapon around in 1866 (the year, not the game) that wasn't included in the mod yet.

You know, Django's signature one...  :twisted:
?????????????????????????????????

if you mean a Colt SAA or a Smith & Wesson No 3, those didn't exist til the 1870s.

Shrugging Khan said:
BTW...I just checked, and it seems there was one weapon around in 1866 (the year, not the game) that wasn't included in the mod yet.

You know, Django's signature one...  :twisted:

Are you talking about Django's Gatling/machine gun?

Penis Colada said:

Well, considering that the Spencer is .52, and given the basic geometric laws of volume, it makes sense for the Spencer to be a lot more powerful. The .44 rimfire used in the Henry and Winchester 1866 was known to be underpowered.

.56 cal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_repeating_rifle

HunterAlpha1 said:
Penis Colada said:

.56 cal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_repeating_rifle

Nope.

Wikipedia said:
the actual bullet diameter was .52 inches.

In 0.7 winchester was the king. Now it seems spencer is more popular.

Actually what we want is balance. We don't wan't a stand alone best gun.

I think winchester still got customers. One of them is me.

Ever since I was informed about the higher power -> lower accuracy thing, I'm inclined to say winchester, too. Spencer IS better in terms of obvious numbers, though...and was, at the time, the historically better weapon as well, as far as I can see.

Damn it guys, the Spencer still is more accurate than the Winchester even at 350~ Long Guns skill. The only firearm so far that I've noticed that is affected by the higher damage -> lower accuracy thing is the scoped gun that does over 100 damage (I forgot what it's called). Even the scoped gun that does about 90 damage (scoped sharps, I think) is still 100% percent accurate at very high weapon skill levels.

Back
Top Bottom