...M&B WB:..."Calradia Courier", il Gazzettino di Calradia...^^

Users who are viewing this thread

...Finalmente ci siamo arrivati, qualcuno s'e' preso la briga di raccogliere le info che girano intorno a M&B e di girarle in formato digitale...
...al momento sono tre le persone che ci stanno lavorando:...

Head Reporter: Nord Champion
Secondary Reporter: Darn (Marin Peace Bringer)
Possible Reporter: Sir Pwns-A-Lot

...qui trovate i primo numero (completamente in inglese):...

coursiersig.png

Breaking News!:

Reporter(s): All reporters.

There is a problem with banners!---oKin, on the "Calradia Coursier (Warband News)" post.
        oKin says they removed the fishy banner. Hmmm a banner needed too his clan. A heated argument has been posted, are you with the banning of the fishy banner, or against?

Latest News:
Reporter(s): Nord Champion

Assassinate the Lord?---"HoboKnight And nK Gamemode: Assassinate The Lord. (In Development)" Post
      Hmmm, it seems a new game mode is out. Sounds pretty fun too. The objective is, well, to assassinate the Lord or defend him, depending on what team. I expect this to go a long way!

There is a heated debate if there should be a new forum for clan discussion!---"We need a separate forum for clans." post
      wonderlust13 feels that that there should be yet ANOTHER forum just for clan debates, as he states "as this is supposed to be the area to talk about warband but it's constantly filled up with clan nonsense". While nk's leader Styo states "Welcome to multiplayer gaming?". Hmmm, what side will you be on?

New Mod!: Mud, Steel, and Blood! A WW1 Mod.---"Mud, Steel, and Blood" post by "HULKSMASH".
      This mod will be the first mod to be WW1 related, or at least that I have ever seen. Way to go HULKSMASH and keep up the good work!

There is a new kingdom, people are excited to see what maps come with it.---Mount and Blade Warband multiplayer.

The CoR rebellion is STILL going on without signs of slowing down.---According to "Sir Pwn-A-Lot" on "Custom banners for Warband" post.
        Sir-Pwn-A-Lot.."Timothy, I see a lot of new personnal and clan/pers banners, and no CoR Rebellion one (and unique one BTW) , which will be needed in battles soon. Or am I missing something?", implying that the rebellion is still going on.

A clan match has been scheduled: TKHC & Solamnic Knights vs. HOBOs.---TKHC Official Thread

:twisted: Clan Wars :twisted::
Reporter: Nord Champion
CoR and CoR Rebellion---POSSIBLE

:shock: Individual Rampage :shock::
Reporter: Nord Champion

Ingame MADDNESS:
Reporter: Darin

Big_Mac still banned, but from every EU server!---Big_Mac
He was banned from EU_2 for team killing (tk), but when 700 came out, he was banned from all EU servers! Come on guys! Hes paid is debt for tk, lets give him his chance back!

Ladders! What?!?!? Takes 10 minutes to walk up?---Warband Multiplayer (Nord Champion)
        The new patch has posed a issue, climbing the ladder on Castle 3 takes forever!

WBHQ Corner:
Reporter: Darin

Interview Corner:
Reporter: Sir Pwns-A-Lot

Interview with Urist
Sir Pwn-A-Lot said:
First off, thank you that you have agreed to answer our questions.

1 ) Which title do you prefer? Lord, Sir, Duke, anything else or just Urist?
Urist, Avatar of Armok The Blood God - BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
or just Urist

2 ) When did you join Warband beta and which version did you like the most? Why?
I think I joined in September last year, in December I got into single player beta. I don't have any favourites
with the versions but I liked those which had instant blocking. The early versions were funny. When having the longer weapon, you could
turn away from your opponent, run and then do a jump turn attack at the persuing enemy while he never had a chance to catch you.
Plazek's favourite version because he didn't have to block at all.

3 ) What about original MnB? Did you join after initial beta release, or only after the game "hit the shelves". If since beta, than what feature/thing that was cut out from final product you miss the most?
I play M&B since .7xx, don't remember which version. I miss the River Pirates. Well, they are Looters now. But I seriously miss the black knights. They were challenging to fight.

4 ) In forum profile you don't have any faction set, only Neutral. Why? Do you have any favorite faction? If yes, why them?
No, I don't have a favourite faction. I like to play them all. Khergit Lancer is fun because of his versality.

5 ) What about your play-style in SP? Do you prefer roleplaying, or just having fun?
I remember starting as a horse archer in .7xx. It was very satisfying because both the ingame and the actual player skill increased quickly.
Later I actually roleplayed an assasin/rogue, just armed with 1h sword, dagger and throwing knives.

6 ) Native. Did you help any faction to get to the top or did you took the throne yourself as rogue leader.
I didn't play that far in Native in the newer versions. I prefered playing Mods then.

7 ) Do you have any favorite companion(s) in the Native?
I like Rolf because he's a Baron and stuff.

8 ) What is your character's equipment in the Native.
In the earlier versions I prefered the warbow+sword of war+black armor. Nowadays I change between equipment alot.
For armor I use the heraldic mail, looks awesome.

9 ) Why Mount & Blade?
It has the best combat system of all games I know. I played Jedi Knight Academy(JKA) multiplayer
some years ago. I liked dueling and got on a rather high level. But even back then I knew that
the M&B fighting system is much better than the one of JKA and that it will be awesome if it ever goes online.
You know, those were the days where people got flamed beyond recognition when mentioning the word
"multiplayer" on the Taleworld forums.

10 ) It's well-known that you were chosen by many as best EU melee player. What is the secret of your success? How much time did you spend training manual blocking? Do you prefer playing as infantry even in the Native MnB?
The best player polls are a joke. It doesn't reflect the reality. It's more a question of popolarity than actual skill.

The best fighter duel-wise I met so far is Lezard, even more now because I can't use my secret block breaking techniques anymore because of kick.
But there are alot very good players around and I don't think you can say someone is better than the other. Ping is very important too.
Battle fights are alot more complex than duels, so I think the best players are those who participate in high level group battles.

Actually like manual blocking in Native before and tested how many attacks of a Champion warrior I can block in a row on the training field.
At the beginning of beta I trained manual blocking with some players, just to get used to the ping influence. At some point blocking gets natural.
Recently I started to double click my blocks. That way you can readjust a bad block, which happens when my mouse fails.

I play both, footman and cavalry in M&B. Being a footman is more challenging though.

11 ) Any modifications for MnB you like?
In the past The Last Days(TDL) was the best mod I ever played. With all the special units, companions and artifacts you can aquire with influence
it was really, really great for the long term motivation - the weak point of the older M&B Native versions. Awesome troop trees and immersion too.
The new release will be awesome.
My second favourite and beside TDL, the only reason to touch 1.011 after the release of Warband is the 1866-Mod. It's fantastic.
Thirdly, I like the Star Wars Mod.

12 ) What about Warband? Any mod you're looking forward to? Maybe you have your own idea?
TDL, although it will take a century or two till it gets refit for Warband because some of their modders tend to vanish with chunks of source code
from time to time. Still worth it.
1866, I hope they are porting it to Warband. Dueling will be fun then. I love those duels in 1866.
There are alot more Mods I'd like to see ported but I won't list them.

My own ideas... Hmm. I am playing Age of Empires 3 (AOE3) at the moment and a multiplayer mod where you can take the different
classes of the factions would be cool. For example the Germans would have doppelsöldner, needle gunner and so on. This combined with
working artillery would be fun.

13 ) Your weapon of choice.
Two-handed waraxe. Fast, strong and not oversized.
Also, the great sword.
In previous patches I loved the warhammer. Too bad it's easy mode now with guaranteed blockcrush.

14 ) What about archers and cavalry? Do you like playing as one?
Cavarly is fun as long you keep it to sword&board or hafted blade. Lancing is boredom pure.
Archery is actually fun but I wish shields would be more realistic like they were before, allowing the archers to hit unprotected spots again.

15 ) What do you think about new faction, Serranid Sultanate? Do you enjoy playing as one of them?
Oh, I love those little sandnaggers(censor this if you think that gets me banned). I like their swords, especially the
cavalry swords. The new horses are great too. What I don't like is the limited weapon selection but I think the troops
we get now are just quick copypasta of the Vaegir troops. They will work on that.

16 ) What do you want to see in final version of Warband that isn't in it yet?
Working siege engines, punishable kick(too hard to counter now) and maybe more (offline) mission variety.
What bugs me now in single player is that the quests get boring quickly because they are always the same. To prevent
this a certain quest type should vary from time to time, giving you different options to solve it.
So the kidnapped girl quest vary in those ways:
  a) Normal, pay or kill the 'nappers, get the girl.
  b) The real girl is already dead and the bandits try to sell you a different one, pretending she is the real daughter.
  c) The girl suffers form the Stockholm syndrome and fell in love with the bandit leader. If you attack them, she will fight on their side and you have to knock her out
      instead of killing her.
  d) etc...

17 ) What about clans? Which one do you like the most?
CoR is the best because of their interpretation of human sexuality.
Seriously, I like CoR and 22nd. I don't like SZ members because they ALWAYS take 2 guns on the MusketMadness.
Hoboknights are cool - no matter if your idea for a clan is horrible, it's awesome if you stick to it till the end.
nK amuses me because of their skills in default winning.

18 ) Why do you prefer single play and don't join any clan so far? Power player like you could make a huge difference in clan wars.
I don't feel like joining any clan in beta.

19 ) Any historical nation you like the most? Why them?
I like the Germans because I'm German. At least the pre-WW version.
Nah, I don't really like or dislike any historical nation. Nations will be obsolete anyways
after I established my ultimate communism.

20 ) Which city, castle and village you like the most in MnB? Why?
Hmm, I can't think of anyone being special. Zendar was nice because of the short ways :p.
I think one of the Vaegir castles had a skeleton sitting in a chair, nice too.

21 ) And finally, do you have anything to say to your fans? Any advice or just couple of words?
If you feel like building a pyramid, don't. Let Arch3r tell you why.
Arch3r: HummHmMhHMhMhmhmHMHHMHMh

Thank you for your time, Urist, Avatar of Armok The Blood God - BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Well, something like this. Keep it for now, I want to make some screenies with Urist if I'll have a chance so they will go as "photos". And yeah, check out my questions please and redact em a little if they have typos and "spelling" problems, english isnt my prior language =P

...il progetto e' carino come idea, ma la mancanza di immagini, la miseria di news inserite (al momento) e una discutibile scelta dei colori (Argh!!) fanno sembrare questo progetto piu' un Blog che un giornale...-_^

...infine ecco il tread originale dove verranno aggiornate le notizie:...
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,92944.0.html

ciauz^^,
Jab

Back
Top Bottom