Sarranid Sultanate

Users who are viewing this thread

switchfoot

Squire
So what do you guys think about the newly added faction called Sarranid Sultanate? Do you think it fits Mount&Blade? And what about their weapons and stats?

I personally think that they need some representative weapon just like the other factions - Swadians got 2h swords, Nords have got axes etc...

I don't know, they look cartoonish; armours and horses look weird. Pretty sure they will get an overhaul with next versions since their equipment selection is funky; i remember seeing "cavalry armour" for infantry. I couldn't check much; game crashed and now i can't get back in.

Sarranids have my favorite 1H swords now

However they're easy to kill. Need better armour IMO

The Sarranid seem to be a very strong faction.  They have the potential to have the best sword and board cavalry with a couple unique and manuverable horses.  Their archers have good athletics and access to a free nomad bow.  They are accurate suckers.  A lot of their armor is very light.  Slightly less protective but they are fast.  Their infantry don't seem that different than vaegirs except they don't have any two-handers.

Just a while ago, Sarranids were getting absolutely hammered. Swadians seem to be the anti-Sarranid at the present. Crossbowmen are quite good versus their archers, surprisingly.

First off: turbans FTW.

Serranids look pretty good to me. 1) Highly maneuverable horses. 2) Their armor is the lightest out there, even high-tier ones don't weight more than 9 kg. 3) Well... they just look gorgeous with all that yellow clothes and stuff. 4) They are REALLY good with swords. Almost as fast as Vaegirs with their scimilars.

Jean-L%C3%A9on_G%C3%A9r%C3%B4me_016_Pelt.jpg

But they need more boots (something more yellow, to go with armor) and much bigger weapon variety for every troop they have.

_HIV_ said:
As far as i am concerned just another faction so people can arrow spam ... so hooray for people who love that.

Hooray  :mrgreen:.

I'm just a bit miffed that my computer decided to brake just in time for this and I have nothing ells I can play WB on. So I'm back to pressing my face against the toy shop window again, trying to spy whats inside. It sucks  :sad:

So some screenies would be ever so nice, for all us folks with flattened noses. please...  :cry: :lol:

I think theyre quite good, especially seen as though its their first patch, just need some halberds and more weapons overall  :smile:

Some screenshots.

mb70.png

mb68.png

mb67.png

mb66.png

mb65.png

mb60.png

Serranids know how to move. BTW who was the ZHG guy with huscarl shield? You sir, are Fing awesome at the dancefloor.
Too bad poll was accepted, ruined all fun.
http://www.xfire.com/video/209d63/

Big_Mac, cover your pics with a Spoiler, they're too big.

I like them, and their lack of 2 h is countered by good cav & archers. Which means they suck at siege assaults but are otherwise very nice. I love their armour though, reminds me of Haradrim.

Sir Pwn-A-Lot said:
Serranids know how to move. BTW who was the ZHG guy with huscarl shield? You sir, are Fing awesome at the dancefloor.
Awesome! The session we had after the mapchange was even better.

inox_ionizer said:
Sir Pwn-A-Lot said:
Awesome! The session we had after the mapchange was even better.
Yeah, but my finger missed a button then =/ Didn't even notice it.

Sir Pwn-A-Lot said:

Big_Mac, cover your pics with a Spoiler, they're too big.

I think that was Tholgar, although you cannot be sure with those turbans :razz:

Back
Top Bottom