MABLE - ModuleSystem Editor [v0.2] (Updated, 07.04)

Users who are viewing this thread

MABLE:
Mount And Blade Language Editor
Edit code with style

Ever felt that creating a ton of items is boring? Ever needed something to speed up the whole process? Ever wanted to use a Graphical interface to edit the ModuleSystem?
If you have a "yes" on at least on of these questions, then keep reading. Else, keep reading. :smile:

This should've been a remake of MiB, the user-friendly GUI troop creator. But it's a totally new program.
MABLE is a ModuleSystem Editor with a GUI (Grapical user Interface). I made it with the thought of having an efficient, easy-to-use and powerful ModuleSystem editor. And I wanted to practice programming.
MABLE is based on spreadsheets, allowing you to maximise speed and working efficiency. And it has awesome dialog boxes. :smile:

Why use MABLE?
I admit, there are other module editors out, and most of them are with more features than MABLE currently has. Still, if you like spreadsheet view, you might prefer creating and editing troops with MABLE.
MABLE is fast, lightweight, user-friendly, efficient, portable, reliable, has a great icon and even better dialog boxes... :wink:

Download link
Requires .NET Framework 3.0
MABLE is also very lightweight and portable. To install, simply extract the archive to your folder of choice.
Usage guide is in the second post. It may be expanded in the future.

600376a4b3cfa2de.jpg

Comments, bug reports (hopefully there won't be any) and feature requests are gladly appreciated. Post here.

Version History:
  • v0.2 - Added move up/down and copy/paste features, bugfixes
  • v0.1 - Initial release

This is a tool I made. It allows you to edit the ModuleSystem using a GUI (Graphical User Interface). It will become an interface for editing the all (or most of the) ModuleSystem files, but for now it's only for making new troops. The items section is present, but does NOT work.
I am not responsible for any bugs found in there.

From v0.3 the program can Open/Save projects and add custom (user-defined) flags.

Download link

Please test and comment. And rate.

Screenshot:
6a3a71546d4e60e3.jpg

Ignore weird values if you see any, these are mod-specific.

Version History:
  • v0.3 - The program is now fully capable of compiling troops; it can now save projects and add custom troop flags
  • v0.11 - Fixed a bug that appeared when creating troop upgrade paths
  • v0.1b - Initial release

Guide: How to Use MABLE
First of all, let's cover a basic explanation of the interface.
Here are the pictures and explanations:

600376a4b3cfa2de.jpg
On the main tab, Properties, are located most of the important things.
Let's start with the Import button. This imports a module_items file to the program. Once imported, you will be able to edit it.
The Export button writes the module_items file to your drive.
Attention: Keep in mind that you are not modifying the actual file until you export it. You're editing a database instead (done to decrease startup time and to somewhat prevent unintentional data loss).
The Toggle Triggers button makes the Triggers box increase/decrease its size, which is useful for keeping an eye on the code.
The List on the left shows all items numbered and with name and ID. You can use it to navigate between items.
You can also use the Navigator on the top for the same thing.
The Table in the center is the location of all the data in the items file. You can edit it directly, or (for some values), use
the Lists below. They allow for quick insertion/deletion/modification of values.
The Add button (green plus sign) inserts a new item in the Table. You can do it directly through the Table view.
The Remove button (red X sign) will remove the currently selected item from the Table. You can do it directly by selecting the row in the Table and pressing "Delete".
The Save button will save the current item to the database.
The Save All button will save all items to the database.
Note: Items are not saved automatically after editing through the Table unless the "Auto-Save Line after modifying" checkbox is acive.

From v0.2:
The Move Up button will move the current item up with one position.
The Move Down button will move the current item down with one position.

5f68fb0df672e437.jpg
This part contains your module_items file's Definitions. You can edit them here.

241650fb9c81fd2d.jpg
This tab contains settings and a few other things.
Here is the Search, which is still very unstable (and requires exact keywords to match things). It is not generally recommended to have more than one checkbox on at a time, for most accurate results.
The Custom Stats listbox allows you to add your module-specific item flags if you have any (note that the flags (stats) are the only things which you can't write manually in the Add/Modify Stat dialog box).
The Output Viewer shows you how does the generated file look. It fills up only after Exporting a file or generating ID_items.
The "Save All after importing" checkbox makes MABLE save all data immediately after importing. This is highly recommended because problems can occur with items with triggers if they are not saved first. It will slow down the Importing process.
The "Auto-Save line after modifying" checkbox makes MABLE save the current line after you edit it in the Table view. This will slow down the program's response.
The Generate ID_items.py button creates an ID_items file where you tell it to. Use it if you have problems with compiling after using MABLE. Replace your ID_items.py file with the one created from MABLE. It is advisable to create a backup first.
The About button opens up the About dialog box where the credits are.

Yeah, that's why I made it. First I needed it for items (you can see that), but suddenly I needed it for troops. And making troops is the most boring coding of them all. And I've promised ~400+ new troops for my mod, so I should make them faster.

I don't think it will be hard. I worked on a project that opens the module_items file and can edit pre-made stuff, but it was too damn bugy and difficult. When I study some more C++ and C# I'll try with them.

trying it out now, i lost 3 hours last night because i accidentaly ran build_module.bat after making a shtload of troops using HokieBT's editor.
AND i got to do this
OMG ITS JEZZE!!!!

DarkEnigma said:
trying it out now, i lost 3 hours last night because i accidentaly ran build_module.bat after making a shtload of troops using HokieBT's editor.
AND i got to do this
OMG ITS JEZZE!!!!

Go annoy someone else.

Btw, hopefully this can edit the module_troops & module_items some time.

when you show me how to implement the sailing feature from fire arrow into a different mod with same map...until then i guess your stuck

Download the module system from the Fire Arrow mod, look for all the naval combat headers and copy them. But if you want all the special features in it, I am afraid I cannot help you. Maybe you can ask in their board for help. Or juist build your mod on the Fire Arrow mod with the permission of ruchhi.

And this is not the topic where the subject is meant for. So I will shut my post here.

Greetings! I just noticed that I can post, no matter that my Warning Level is 65% and I hurried to upload the update for my prog.
It's now v0.3, it can open/save projects and define custom troop flags for you to use.

Back
Top Bottom