Add a weapon....???

Users who are viewing this thread

Hail great Kolba!!!
I wanted to ask how is it possible to add a  thracian Greatsword that's pretty much Celtic from the Peloponissian War mode, to the SoT.....
well i found the sword in the item_kinds1.txt of the Peloponissian war mode and copied it to the item_kinds1.txt of Taliesin. I also found and copied any similar with the Greatsword files from the Textures directory to the Taliesin Textures....i checked with the the item_edit program and the Greatsword was successfully instaled at least in the item_kinds1 file. 

So i started running from shop to shop to find the weapon.....the result when i got into a shop that probably had the new weapon....an error occured and game crashed. Probably there are some resources i have to add also?? the textures of the sword were not found and that's why it crashed???

any help how to add this weapon from the other mod???

One last thing you need to add is the resource (BRF) file.
I suggest you install the BRF edit: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8771.0.html
The go to the resource folder in the Pelopponesian mod and find the resource file that has the Thracian Greatsword,
and move it to the SoT resource folder.

Then open the module.ini file in Pelopponesian mod and find the line with the resource file. It will look like this:

load_mod_resource = 'BRF file with Thracian sword'

Copy it to the SoT module.ini file. Remember to save.

Also, in item_kinds you must add 1 to the number at the top of the page, telling the game how many items to load.
With the item editor you can choose the abundance of weapons in shops. Set that high and you'll find the sword in all shops.

Adorno said:
One last thing you need to add is the resource (BRF) file.
I suggest you install the BRF edit: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8771.0.html
The go to the resource folder in the Pelopponesian mod and find the resource file that has the Thracian Greatsword,
and move it to the SoT resource folder.

yes ok i opened them with Openbrf and found references in 3 brf files....modweapons,modtextures,modmaterials i copied them to SoT.

Adorno said:
Then open the module.ini file in Pelopponesian mod and find the line with the resource file. It will look like this:

load_mod_resource = 'BRF file with Thracian sword'

Copy it to the SoT module.ini file. Remember to save.

Also, in item_kinds you must add 1 to the number at the top of the page, telling the game how many items to load.
With the item editor you can choose the abundance of weapons in shops. Set that high and you'll find the sword in all shops.

actually i think that was the problem....perhaps?! Because in module.ini of Pelonissian has " load_module_resource=......" and in SoT has "load_mod_resource=....." ???
Anyway i  added the 3 brfs with the 3 lines:  load_mod_resource = modweapons etc...
But in the loading of INI when the mod starts.....it crashed!!! Oups...
Guess it couldn't load these 3 brfs ???

Wait, the Thracian sword is in 3 different BRF files? Okay.
The BRF should be added to module.ini with load_mod_resource = X
When the game crashed was there not an error report saying 'couldn't load ...' ?

Maybe Kolba will stop by. He'll know what to do  :smile:

NO oooook everything ok ...... the whrong strategy was to copy paste the resources.....i just added with OpenBrf to an existing resource brf file of SoT (Kolba.brf for example) everything i needed!!! And deleted any new load_mod_resource from module.ini......
Adding new Resources to the Resources directory perhaps isn't correct.....you will always get something like "couldn't load..."

Thanks for everything !!!!

Back
Top Bottom