1257 AD Middle Europe

Users who are viewing this thread

Unfortunately I decided to abandon the mod, few people were still interested in it. Here's a link to the last beta version, it's a complete remake of the mod, very few things were used from older versions, it has a new map, new textures, new troop trees etc. It's stable, with few major bugs, but rather unpolished.

:shock: Yeah that is looking quite nice.
Isn't it more like, Eastern Europe  :eek:

How come all of the Romanian region, save Transylvania, is always a barren wasteland in those mods?

This is a pleasant surprise, nice work.
I noticed you have used the native byzantion helmet. It has terrible clipping, barely suitable for foot troops even, so I have made new ones that don't have that issue. If you're interested, send me a pm.

Rize said:
How come all of the Romanian region, save Transylvania, is always a barren wasteland in those mods?

Because there weren't any well organized/important states in the region, and this mod is focused on Central Europe, which excludes the 'romanian regions'. As for Transylvania, I don't want to argue about it, since it could turn into a usual 'romanian against hungarian debate over Transylvania'.

Lord Szentgyorgyi said:
It's a historical mod, trying to reflect the situation of Central Europe in 1257 as accurately as possible.
Faction List
  • Kingdom of Poland

No Kingdom of Poland exist in such time frame. There were multiple duchies that had polish rulers from Piast's dynasty, but thats it.

I'm thinking this should include Lithuania and the Teutonic Order if there are Russian principalities. They have some importance, Lithuania was the last pagan state of Europe.

AoC said:
Lord Szentgyorgyi said:
It's a historical mod, trying to reflect the situation of Central Europe in 1257 as accurately as possible.
Faction List
  • Kingdom of Poland

No Kingdom of Poland exist in such time frame. There were multiple duchies that had polish rulers from Piast's dynasty, but thats it.
Good thing you noticed it. In the mod it's called Duchies of Poland, I made a mistake when writing the description. It's actually a single faction (for the sake of gameplay).

Rize said:
I'm thinking this should include Lithuania and the Teutonic Order if there are Russian principalities. They have some importance, Lithuania was the last pagan state of Europe.
We already have plans to include more factions.

Looks really cool and professional for a first attempt at a bigger mod. :eek: :smile:
I'm downloading it now. :wink:

If I'll find any bugs, glitches or historical innacuracies, I'll let you know.  :grin:

Damon said:
Interesting. I see you took names of rus lords from Rus XIII Century?=)
Yes, I have problem find some accurat russian lords to the game. In my opinion is better use your russian transcription from azbuka, than use incorect names as"Boyar Volodimir etc." With german, polish, bohemian and hungarian lords  I have no problem, but from Rusia I found only your great historical person - Velikyj Knyaz Alexandr Yaroslavich Nevskij... When you plan in future next release of your great mod? Novgorod and all new cities looks pretty amazing!

NikeBG said:
Which ones, besides Lithuania? And on the same map or a new one?
Probably the same map (unless I find time to make a better one). As for the factions - we haven't discussed it properly, I think we should first expand some of the current factions (with more settlements). Then we could  change the Russian Principalities to something more historical - like Galicia-Volhynia, adn add Lithuania and the Teutonic Order. Smaller factions like Venice or even Croatia could be added.

Back
Top Bottom