Unofficial Warband IRC channel — Everyone welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

So, for all of you who didn't know, there's a sister channel to the #mount&blade one that's dedicated to Warband specifically. Now, while said channel started as the main base of operations of the Illustrious Rocketeer Corps, and is also conveniently accessible through the webirc applet on the clan homepage, it is in fact open to all comers, and it has since become a larger channel where people from all clans and non-clanners alike can congregate.

Unlike the main #mount&blade channel, which is more or less purely off-topic these days and a fairly scary and inhospitable place, #mount&blade-warband is actually dedicated to the game and has a friendlier atmosphere. The benefit of having a place like this would be to have a single, vibrant location where everyone can gather to talk about the game and find people to play with/against, with a lot more immediacy than on the forum.

New to IRC? No problem, it really is very easy to use. All you need to do is follow these simple steps:

1) Download an IRC client such as mIRC or XChat, or get the Chatzilla plugin for Firefox
2) Set up your user information (nick etc)
3) Connect to a server on the QuakeNet network
4) Join the channel by entering /join #mount&blade-warband

And there you have it. Just start hanging around in there -- everyone's welcome, unless you're really annoying. :wink:

Basically, the main rule right now is common sense. If you break it, we'll let you know. We also don't allow NSFW or illegal content.

Here's a tutorial for those in need of more detailed instructions. (It's really not as complicated as this makes it sound, though)

Edit:

Just a quick note: we've had quite a few visitors coming in on the webchat applet, but I have to say that's not really making the most of IRC. At the heart of IRC is idling -- IRC consumes minimal bandwith and system resources, so there's generally no reason why it shouldn't be on at any time when your computer is on. If you install a proper IRC client and hang out in the channel whenever you're using your computer, then even while you're doing other stuff like surfing the net or playing Warband, you'll still be a part of #mount&blade-warband.

That means that other people will be able to note that you're there and talk to you, and even if nobody addresses you directly, you'll be able to view the backlog and join the conversation at any time. And the more people we have doing that, the more activity the channel has overall. So please consider making yourself a (semi-)permanent fixture of the channel instead of just popping on for a few minutes. I only linked to the webchat applet to give everyone a quick view of what it is I'm talking about. :smile:

Edit 2:

Just a heads up here, a channel dedicated to the more technical aspects of modding M&B and Warband has also been established as #mount&blade-modding, similarly on the QuakeNet network. So if you're into that sort of thing, go and check it out!

okiN said:
... and has a slightly friendlier atmosphere...

:lol:

Oh wait.

You're serious.

I hereby declare that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, of my own free will, my above statement is wrong and therefore null and void. Furthermore, I wish to express the fact that the before mentioned IRC Channel is a very funny, nice place to stay.

Signed,
chadz

Damn it, man, I'm trying to sell them a line here and you're really not helping!

We don't bite, guys! Honest!

I'd just like to point out that the above post is not the result of any coercion by me whatsoever.

Highelf said:
It's also great for discussions about balance.

Yeah, okiN is so over-powered.  :mad:

You guys should check out the channel. All the cool kids are doing it.

This Brave Man dared to enter the aforementioned IRC channel,
and he found out that if you ignore Ruthven you'll be able to live another day Peacefully & Happily.
It's actually amuzing to hang around on the IRC channel, and this daring Trailblazer hopes to see more people on it :smile:

Pfft. Ridiculous. Stickies are there to be read!

Seriously though, whatever. People who look will see it. Point is that it's there.

Edit: bump.

Just a quick note: we've had quite a few visitors coming in on the webchat applet, but I have to say that's not really making the most of IRC. At the heart of IRC is idling -- IRC consumes minimal bandwith and system resources, so there's generally no reason why it shouldn't be on at any time when your computer is on. If you install a proper IRC client and hang out in the channel whenever you're using your computer, then even while you're doing other stuff like surfing the net or playing Warband, you'll still be a part of #mount&blade-warband.

That means that other people will be able to note that you're there and talk to you, and even if nobody addresses you directly, you'll be able to view the backlog and join the conversation at any time. And the more people we have doing that, the more activity the channel has overall. So please consider making yourself a (semi-)permanent fixture of the channel instead of just popping on for a few minutes. I only linked to the webchat applet to give everyone a quick view of what it is I'm talking about. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom