Warband Pickup Games

Users who are viewing this thread

chadz

Baron
Short info: This is used for organising pseudo-clan-matches, with 2 differences: a) the players are not from one clan, but everyone can join, and b) the game will not have to be planned days ahead of the date, one to two hours should suffice

http://www.battlegrounds.eu/wbb/

In cooperation with Benedicts' http://www.battlegrounds.eu, we can hereby present you a battle planner to organise quick tactical matches with total strangers!

In the process of creating public tactical matches (just like Formation Battle Sundays, or the currently planned Big Battle), I think they all had a big flaw: It took a week or longer to organise, and then, 1/3rd of the people who signed up forgot about it anyway.

The idea here is as follows: Whoever is in the mood for a tactical game with two equal teams in the next few hours joins the site. No need to register, just enter your name and you're set. If you have the page open in your browser, you are logged in, if you close your browser, you leave the battle. So you always have a fool-proof way of knowing who is ready and who isn't. The games should usually be within an hour or two.

After joining a game, you have one admin (the one who created this battle), which again can chose two captains (could also be himself). Also, someone should try and find a server which they can use in passworded mode.

To get people to join you, you can hope that enough are using the site, post the link here, send it to you clanmates, join a server Ingame and ask people to join, you name it. 

When the game is full, the captains start picking players from the list, each team one, until the teams are equal and all players are picked. You can then discuss tactics or a TS server in a chat, and when both teams are ready, all the players join the server.

My (wishful) hoping is that instead of a week, you can create a game like this within an hour.

On a side note, this is still in early beta, there could still be the possibility of something not working, either on the technical side or on the usability side. So if you use it now, keep in mind it's a beta :smile:

So, go on, and give it a try!

Let's see if we can get this working:

Game on an EU Server, exact Server to be announced
Game will be played 10 versus 10, join up and get ready!

Edit: Game Over.

allright, first stress test is over, about the result, well, let's keep that for a secret :grin:
but I believe it was ok for a first try.

anyway, I will improve the program and add some more functionality, remove some bugs, and want some suggestions from those who tried it today. give me your wish list now!

Well, it was nice to get a scrim (ish) in today. Was fun, anyway few bugs with the chat room. The idea is amazing, I really like it. However chat room has a few things;

1) It would be nice if it was constant and the page didn't have to refresh to get updates.
2) Fix duplicate names ha!
3) Fix team chat for captains
4) Overall just make it a lot smoother to be a part of, quite laggy/jumpy and the noise it makes every ten seconds is so annoying!

Overall though it is a fantastic idea, massive brownie points chadz, hopefully another scrim soon

Back
Top Bottom