[PRT] Paladins of the Round Table

Users who are viewing this thread

Tigerclaw

Sergeant at Arms
The Paladins of the Round Table

The goal of this clan is to have fun, improve our skills, and promote a positive Warband environment. We are a competitive clan. Our in-game tag is PRT. Dual clan membership will be discussed on a case to case basis, but will generally be allowed, although members who are in two clans are not allowed to sit on the Council.

Ranking System:

Hopefuls - At the discretion of the clan leadership, prospective members will be invited to utilize the clan Mumble, come to clan events and socialize with the clan. If it seems to a member of the clan leadership that the Hopeful will make a good addition to the Paladins, they may nominate the Hopeful for full membership. A simple majority confirms the Hopeful as a Regular of the Order of the Paladins of the Round Table.

The Order of the Paladins - The Order is the main body of the clan. It is led by the Captain of the Order, who is assisted by the Sergeant of the Order. The Captain conducts training and disciplinary matters within the Order and leads them when they fight as a body in battles. One of the primary functions of the Order is to help the Regulars of the Order advance their skills to the point where they may be selected for a Company.

The Companies - Each Knight leads a company of chosen warriors into battle. The Companies generally provide the fighters for scrimmages, matches, and other events, and fight together as a unit whenever possible. There are currently three Companies:

The Blue Company - Led by 5arge, Knight of the Paladins of the Round Table, the Blue Company fields a mix of archers and infantry. Under the gruff yet calm leadership and canny tactics of 5arge the Blue Company serves as the rock that anchors the Paladins' battle line.

The White Company - Jointly commanded by Relm and Ariel, known as the Twin Terrors (among other less flattering labels), the White company is primarily made up of infantry and archers. With their flexibility and unorthodox approaches, the White Company is source of constant frustration to the foes of the Paladin's - after all, many find it embarrassing to be defeated by a force led by women...

The Silver Company - The personal command of Tigerclaw, Knight Banneret of the Paladins of the Round Table, the Silver Company leans towards cavalry and infantry. Following Tigerclaw's notoriously aggressive style, the Silver Company is the armored fist of the Paladins, striking at weak points to scatter and crush the foe.

Squire - Squires may be chosen from the Order or a Company by any Knight. The Squire will then demonstrate their readiness for Knighthood and Council Membership.

Knight of the Round Table - Knights are the leaders of the clan. Each Knight has one vote on the Council, is expected to abide by the Knight's Code, and has the privilege of choosing a Squire for potential Knighthood (see below for more info on the Council and the Code).

Knight Banneret - Knights Banneret have all the same privileges and responsibilities of Knights, with the addition that Knights Banneret have a veto over the Council (again, see below for more info). Knights Banneret and Knights both serve as the Field Commanders of the Paladins and function in a diplomatic capacity for dealing with other clans.

The Council of the Round Table

The Council will be the governing body of the Paladins, with each Knight and Knight Banneret possessing one vote. Decisions will be made by a simple majority, except decisions regarding the basic rules of the clan (i.e., this post, for the time being), which require a two-thirds majority. A Knight Banneret may veto a decision, however a veto may be overridden by a two-thirds majority of the Council or the Knights Banneret. Vetos should be and will be used extremely sparingly. Any full member of the Paladins has the right to appeal to the Council, and no full member may be dismissed from the clan without a hearing and a two-thirds majority (Full members are those who have completed their probationary period).

General Code of Conduct

No cheating, glitching, ghosting, griefing, etc.
Respect all players
Listen to all Admins, Moderators, and clan leadership
Refrain from heavy profanity at clan events

Knighthood and the Knight's Code

Knighthood in the Paladins is not simply a position of more authority and privilege, it is also a position of greater responsibility. While there are no skill requirements for any of the other ranks, Knights are expected to be able to represent the Paladins well in battles and in duels. But more importantly, Knights are expected to wear the title in a manner that will bring honor to the Paladins and that will make playing the game more enjoyable for everyone. Thus, the Knight's Code:

A Knight will always be Courteous and Civil in speech, in Defeat, in Victory and in the Forum.
A Knight will aid the Weak by joining a team that is losing badly or severely outnumbered.
A Knight will neither Swear nor use Vulgar Language.
A Knight will always Speak the Truth.
A Knight will not Interrupt the Duels of his Peers.
A Knight will never refuse a Challenge from a Worthy Foe.

When such a Challenge has been Accepted:

A Knight will not Strike his Foe while he is Fallen.
A Knight will not Strike his Foe from Behind.
A Knight will Face his Foe with as Equal a Weapon as Possible.

The process of becoming a Knight begins when a Squire is chosen by a Knight. A Knight may have up to two Squires, and is free to choose them without consulting any of the other Knights. That Knight then acts as a mentor to the Squire, helping the Squire to improve their fighting skills and uphold the Knight's Code. When the Knight feels that the Squire has demonstrated sufficient skill and abides by the Knight's Code, the Knight may recommend to the Council that the Squire become a Knight, at which time the Council puts it to a simple majority vote.

Titles and Achievements

Members who demonstrate a high proficiency in a particular skill may be granted a title in recognition of that skill. The current titles are:

Marksman - For members who have demonstrated a high level of skill with ranged weapons.

Sharpshooter - For members who have an exceptional level of skill with ranged weapons.

Lancer - For members who have demonstrated a high level of skill as a cavalryman.

Man-at-Arms - For members who have demonstrated an exceptional level of skill as a cavalryman.

Veteran Infantryman - For members who have demonstrated a high level of skill as an infantryman.

Elite Infantryman - For members who have demonstrated an exceptional level of skill as an infantryman.

Ranger - For members who routinely utilize both melee and ranged weapons while playing an archer class and demonstrate a high level of skill with both.

Scout - For members who have demonstrated a particular talent for detecting and reporting enemy maneuvers.

These are not ranks and do not bestow any additional privileges, they are simply to recognize skill. Additional titles may be created to fit other skills (berserker, survivor, etc) or to suit individual players who have demonstrated...shall we say, "special" skills.

Heraldry

Thanks to the graciousness of Timothy the Knight, the Paladins now have three banners. The first is for all ranks below Knight. The second is for Knights, and the third for Knights Banneret. The difference in banners allows us to recognize accomplishments and to quickly locate commanders and leaders during battle.

paladinsoftheroundtable.png
paladinsoftheroundtable.png
paladinsoftheroundtablew.png

Active Members

Tigerclaw - Knight Banneret
Ariel - Knight Banneret
5arge - Knight
Relm - Knight
Shozen - Knight
Outlawed - Squire
Temujin – Squire
Stin - Order Captain
Drunkard - Order Sergeant
Zoktavir - Company Member
Lawrie - Company Member
Beer - Company Member
MrX - Company Member
Paran - Company Member
Viglaf - Company Member
Xenak - Company Member
Kazzap - Company Member
Zootz - Company Member
Hulksmash - Order Member
Agith - Order Member
Balien - Order Member
Hitman - Order Member
Noladoren - Order Member
Fanofgaming - Order Member
orangeknite - Order Member
Sirion - Order Member
Yimzin - Order Member
Bgfan - Order Member
Araj – Order Member
Lord Chris - Order Member
Sammy – Order Member
Fearless - Order Member
Gwindor - Order Member
Lucasaurus - Order Member

Diplomatic Relations

Takeda Shogunate - Alliance

Balion Mercenaries - Alliance

Current News

We have two servers, "PRT_Server" and "PRT_Duel".

Currently communication is through this thread, PMs, our Mumble channel, and our forum, located at: http://s1.zetaboards.com/PaladinsRoundTable/index/

If you are interested in applying, either PM Tigerclaw, Ariel of Yalen, or 5arge, or post on the PRT forum.

A good day's work, my fellow Paladin!

Any and all interested, please, don't hesitate to reply or PM us. We'll respond as quickly as we can! 

good luck to you. if the hoboknights collapse (which I doubt they will but it is very possible) I may consider joining up

We appreciate the good wishes. We have found the HOBOKNIGHTs to fine comrades and fierce warriors, and I'm sure that everything will work itself out in time.

findecanno said:
good luck to you. if the hoboknights collapse (which I doubt they will but it is very possible) I may consider joining up

Indeed, I share this sentiment.
Although I cuss a bit, I'm sure it could be curbed, as I never cuss IRL.

Also, I've seen you lot in battle, and you have proven yourself to be worthy allies.

Tigerclaw said:
Knighthood and the Knight's Code

Knighthood in the Paladins is not simply a position of more authority and privilege, it is also a position of greater responsibility. While there are no skill requirements for any of the other ranks - you can be a terrible fighter and still be a Sergeant-at-Arms if you're a good leader - Knights are expected to be able to represent the Paladins well in battles and in duels. But more importantly, Knights are expected to wear the title in a manner that will bring honor to the Paladins and that will make playing the game more enjoyable for everyone. Thus, the Knight's Code:

A Knight will always be Courteous and Civil in speech, in Defeat, in Victory and in the Forum.
A Knight will aid the Weak by joining a team that is losing badly or severely outnumbered.
A Knight will not Strike the Fallen.
A Knight will neither Swear nor use Vulgar Language.
A Knight will always Speak the Truth.
A Knight will never refuse a Challenge from a Worthy Foe.
A Knight will dance when ere they're able
A Knight will do routines and chorus scenes with footwork impeccable
A Knight will impersonate Clark Gable (when between quests)

You missed a couple out there.

Our thanks, and we shall be interested in alliances at some point in the future, but we feel that a three member clan is not exactly in a position (yet) to be proposing treaties.

Hehe, or perhaps not. A gracious offer, to be sure, but the Paladins will make their own way for the time being.

Did you know that both the HOBOKNIGHTs and the Paladins allow dual membership?

Not that I'm suggesting anything...  :wink:

:grin:

Tigerclaw said:
General Code of Conduct

No cheating, glitching, ghosting, griefing, etc.
Respect all players
Listen to all Admins, Moderators, and clan leadership

A clan that listens to an admin! Thank God. I hope to never argue with any of you. =D Not that the rules I set are very strict. >.>

It seems a new Daimyo has appeared in Calradia. The Fujiwara welcome you to these lands and hope your stay is... Accommodating. :wink: I have high hopes for you, so I extend my hand of friendship.

On behalf of the Paladins, I accept your friendship in the spirit in which it is offered. May you find us faithful friends and fearsome foes.

Tigerclaw said:

Erm, not technically.  Not to just anybody, that is.

However, we welcome you to the Warband scene.  May your clan prosper.

Tigerclaw said:

He's just hoping that we can get some of the best warriors in Warband in our clan.  :grin:

mcbeverage101 said:
findecanno said:

Indeed, I share this sentiment.

I know that I personally would hate to see anything happen to the grand HOBOKNIGHTs, but in the unlikely event things get bad, we would gladly welcome some of these fierce HOBOWARRIORS into the Paladins. But to second Tigerclaw's sentiments, I am confident that everything will work out among the HOBOKNIGHTs, and I hope that our clans can become close friends.

Tigerclaw said:

Which was the result of a special circumstance and not to be abused.  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom