- Open Map Pack - v0.24 - Two new maps added !

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hethwill

Master Knight
an Open M&B: Warband Beta MapPack

Made public under the patronage of The Cartographer's. For general public use. Any changes must be reported. Give credits.

Latest version - << Download >>

- You can now join EU_OpenMaps server as long as you have the OpenMapPack module folder updated.
You may select the module to load from the drop-down or,  if you try to join the server it will ask you if you wish to change to the right module version.

Maps included:

Steppe Hamlet

by Hethwill

Ready for Battle and F&D.

The map depicts a steppe frontier area comprising a farm complex, an open village and overlooking garrison fort.
There is a somewhat dense wild area with woods, well tended fields, and the fort is a mix of stone and wood with some areas of the palisade still under construction or damaged.

The Valley

by Plazek

The map usable area is a three way canyon with traps, fortresses and strongpoints. It's balanced and presents the attacking team ( if F&D ) with a very though challenge.
All in all it's a real warband map, which will provide intense battles, and infinite variety of tactics. There are some interesting details to be discovered inside.

Dragonboats Attack !

by Berserker_Pride

Although simple this map brings the warband melee a step further. The close quarter fights are sure to be bloody and fast.
The idea is in itself refreshing and will provide teams a very very interesting challenge, and one thing is for sure...if you fall...you die !

Phoenix Castle

by Lionheart-

A keep, a village within walls  with rich niches of detail to discover. In the outside an advanced fortified camp protects a river crossing...
Beyond the river, hills, forests and an unknown enemy.
Objectives are set for an intense game for the attacker, still the defenders will struggle to keep every side in check. All in all a good place to experiment tactics, infiltration teams and storming strongpoints. Kudos.

[ Warband Scene Makers submit your maps by PM or email ]

v 0.24

- Phoenix Castle by Lionheart- added
- Dragonboat Attack by Berserker_Pride added

v 0.21

- Plazek's Valley added
- reverted to classic indexes
- gates function with bots

v0.2

- fixed RGL error triggers
- ladders work
- gates work
- entry points reviewed

Instructions:

- Make a copy of the Native module

- Rename it to OpenMapPack

- Download Here !

- Extract to OpenMapPack module folder

- Overwrite of files will occur.

- Start Warband ( from the new Warband folder )

- Join an OpenMaps server

- Have FUN !

Scene Makers, - provide maps where the original, the imagination, detail, the balance and teamplay are valued.

After a bit of struggle with the hosting it's now stabilized with the single map yet available.

Hulk, use the Warband Cartographer's thread to showcase it a bit :smile:

If the map is ready for Battle/F&D, then send me the files.

Well, it took a bit to devise the "debut" map, but i'm satisfied with the final work. There are some early screens available the Cartographer's thread, but i'll post a video walkthrough soon enough.

As i see maps must provide the balance to all classes and favor teamplay. They must bu puzzling and offer  a tactical variety which enhances the replayability.

All maps should first be issued through the Cartographer's thread. Good ground for feedback and suggestions.

Link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,90163.0.html

And finally, thanks for the kind words Scipio. Hope to hear your feedback.

Update:

- Module system now in place. Launch the mod from the normal Warband installation. Auto switch from the inside to match server module.

Known bugs:

- Gates don't activate if bots are present

Refer to OP for download instructions and setup.

No other files will be changed other than scenes related. No Maps overwritten.

Server ONLINE !!!!

thanks to the guys that helped me troubleshoot it being listed.

added a pic of server list for reference and a in-game video of the scene.

I am sending you a PM Hethwill, with a link for my map.

It is compatible with battle and F+D.

It is kind of compatible with DM and TDM but people will sometimes spawn up on the side of the valley, I designed it with conquest in mind and the flags work but has the same problem with spawning as those other modes. Unless Taleworlds add a way to make it so those modes use only spawn points to spawn I have no idea of how to fix it.

Veeeery nice idea Hethwill! An open map pack! :smile:
Looking forward to see some new great CTF maps! That mode is, so far, missing of real new ideas.
By the way, how can you make the server point to the new module?!

Finally encountered this map in the server list today so I checked it out.
Some feedback:

The ladders inside the fort can't be lowered even though they do have the "raise/drop ladder" action bound to them
The roofs of the small town can be accesed by climbing up to the lower roofs with a horse and jumping on the highest roofs.

Both things might be intentional but I thought I'd let you know anyway.

Great map and idea btw, keep up the good work  :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom