Horses

Users who are viewing this thread

Bregan

Recruit
I don't like the horses atributes, the charge numbers are always low but when a horse charges you, most of times you get knocked, i can destroy an infantry army if i protect myself with my shield and charge the soldiers with my horse, one hit makes them 70 damage and knocks them to the floor. Insn't that too much? I hate knights but now if i want survive i got to upgrade my foot soldiers to mounted ones. Will this change in the future?

It's a strange bug. Thought I could fix it with the item editor, but turns out the horse charge is even lower than native  :neutral:
Even troops with decent armour receive 30-60 damage from a saddle horse charge.

It will be fixed in the next version, but it's very strange because the horse charge is currently lower than vanilla.

It will sound strange but after a few dawys playing this mod i have discovered that with the high charge the game is a lot more realistic, charge is too high but if it was a bit less strong that would be cool, its really realistic for example to charge and deal 20 damage and dont get the horse completely stopped by a naked soldier...

Hi folks.
Maybe it is bug but it feels realistic to me - what do you think that happens if horse charge into you in +- full speed? i think that i would get unconscious.
I understand that it ruins gameplay that all horsearmy is nearly only chance now for player so i suggest to use spear bracing kit - it would make spear armed soldier usable - so it in the same time improve tactic elements of army composition - protect your valuable professional soldiers armed with sword which are great contra spear one to one but lacks in strength when fighting cavalry and cavalry being stopable by spear armed soldier - even lowtier(remember even Scots contra famous English knights..).

I am not sure but spear bracing would be probably needed with some kind of formation script? (don't know somebody surely will..).

So in the end this "bug" can lead into very nice tactic wise gameplay.

Sorry for bumping this topic, I'm sure Kolba has already found the source of the problem :wink:

Still, fixing this is very easy and you won't have to wait for the next release. Damage per charge point is determined by horse_charge_damage_multiplier (at least I think it is.) in module.ini which you will find in Mount&Blade\Modules\Song of Taliesin. The current value of 6.0 is somewhat insane compared to native's 1.0. Changing it to a lower number should reduce the charge damage done by horses.

Kolba said:
Thank you very much! It's fixed now.  :wink:

I hope that you didn't lower charge bonus too much as how some players (me too :smile:) feels that so high charge damage is realistic. And i hope for as realistic combat as possible in Mount an d Blade.

Back
Top Bottom