Sword_8_hilt.jpg

Spangenhelm
Different model.

casque0500.jpg

Very rich one:
44b.jpg

http://www.thorkil.pl/spangenhelm_Chalon_eng.htm

Saxon boar helmet
A must-have, the Wollaston helmet. Could have a variant with mail neckguard, and eventually lessblack.

my.php

my.php

HELMET.JPG

Saxon battle axe
planchesoutilsalcock.jpg
Axe in (d), it would be a single hand axe.

Angon
angons.jpg
Germanic heavy barbed javelin. Several versions could be done. Not that it was quite long, 1.80m to 2m, with the iron part beeing the 1/3rd of the total lenght.

Here, several reproductions of it:
Reenactor_with_ango.jpg

Frankish axehammer
arzondivers.jpg
Several axe heads. First one is good, it could be a 1h/2h weapon.

Cavalry axe
asaxes.th.jpg
See in D. Note that it is not that massive. The shaft could be iron or wood.

Germanic shields
506206859_67988c88fc.jpg
The Angle shield would be quite small, with a specific shaped shieldboss.

Several shieldboss variants (they lack the rivets which are quite big):
schildb-alleman-sw.jpg

schildb_sachsen_ohne.jpg

schildb_merowinger.jpg

schildb-spitz.jpg

schildb-germanisch-hoch.jpg

vendel_boss.jpg

Geatish and Scylding helmet
A1040.jpg

A1040b.jpg

43b.jpg

43d.jpg

More: http://www.thorkil.pl/Vendel_14_helmet.htm

Vendel_B_01_hi.jpg

Vendel_A_01_hi.jpg

Kaftan
A garnment of oriental origin. It could also be a civil garnment.

Here a padded version that could be armor:
Marles08%20024.jpg

Some Gesithas from Weorod group:
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/47/l_70b5764088609ff922765d2d4413fa42.jpg

Dammit! That spangenhelm with eyeguard is hot as hell :shock: I'd love to see that in game.

Oh, and the one you already did is very good as well. I especially like the detailed texture. How big is it?

All historical movies employ re-enactors. Literally every single one I've ever seen or heard of in the last 15 years. They just don't employ groups of re-enactors to design their costumes.

Anyhoo, that helm looks cool, but I'd like to see some more simple and less elaborately decorated helms for ordinary troops, and see exceptional equipment like that saved as equipment for lords to help mark them out on the battlefield. The pioneer helmet would be a great addition to the armoury:

index.php

Spongly said:
All historical movies employ re-enactors. Literally every single one I've ever seen or heard of in the last 15 years. They just don't employ groups of re-enactors to design their costumes.

Anyhoo, that helm looks cool, but I'd like to see some more simple and less elaborately decorated helms for ordinary troops, and see exceptional equipment like that saved as equipment for lords to help mark them out on the battlefield. The pioneer helmet would be a great addition to the armoury:

index.php

Yes, I suggested it but your picture is really good. Several variations could be made. And I support the idea to have undecorated helmets for the soldiers. That kind of helmet, along with some other pieces of rich outfit and weaponry could well be restricted to kings and princes.

Back
Top Bottom