Briton weapons and armor

Users who are viewing this thread

Morcant

Sergeant at Arms
Let's start it.

Roman spangenhelm
The 'Der El Medineh' helmet, it could have a horsehair plume.
casquededarelmedineh5qa.jpg

dem2yz0.jpg

casquedederelmedinehmu5.jpg

Arthur640x480.jpg

A famous depiction.

Roman spangenhelm
Helmet from Leyde.
12leiden10qo.jpg

Variation

Gododdin shield
A cavalry white round shield. Leather covered.
spoiler]

Such a shield could be done in several other colors.

Bowl helmet
An iron bowl helmet.
73606972.jpg

For a variation.
77844277.jpg

Dux helmet
Concesti helmet reproduction for a variation of an elite helmet.
file.php

file.php

file.php

Ridge helmet
A varition of the ridge helmet.
file.php

file.php

file.php

Spatha
A spatha variation.
p8080460.jpg

p8080462.jpg

Here for a possible scabbard (different sword):
p2210368.jpg

p2210369.jpg

Lorica squamata
You can have both bronze and tinned iron scale.

squamatapic.jpg

Looks nice!

Btw, I've noticed mistake in your signature. You've (or somebody) spelled wrong "Britain".  :wink:

Looks good!
Eventually you can have the helmet slightly curved to the back so it covers more of the back of the head. And makes that issue of having no hair for helmeted warriors less striking.

It could be a good compromise yes. You can eventually have the same bowl with cheekguards and mail aventail to have another helmet.

Morcant said:
Eventually you can have the helmet slightly curved to the back so it covers more of the back of the head. And makes that issue of having no hair for helmeted warriors less striking.

1866 found a way to make hats wearable over hair without clipping issues. Or someone edited their models for them, if I recall correctly. It's not perfectly perfect and I guess it's betters suited for hats than for helmets. Still, it might be worth a try, don't you think?

EDIT: Found it: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,88219.0.html
Problem is that, from some angles, mentioned "hood" can be seen. So I don't know how this'd work out for helmets.

You didn't catch my point. Barf actually uses a "bug" or something to make parts of the hair invisible, so it woun't clip through the helmet. Have a look at some 1866 screenshot and you might see.
But, due to the "thickness" (not sure wether this is the correct word for it) of the hair mesh, this might still look somewhat ridiculous with helmets that don't have brims. I'm not sure. Just wanted to call your attention to it.

Back
Top Bottom