[SoT] Bug Reports & List of Bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Redownloaded. This time, it loaded up, I went to "start new game", it got stuck while loading maps - this was the error the one time it got this far last time.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Mount&Blade.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Other mods run fine.

Weird. Maybe there is something wrong with your M&B copy? Reinstalling the game may help.

Did a quick search and here are 2 relevant threads on C++ errors:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57336.msg1482572.html#msg1482572
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,69971.msg1816935.html#msg1816935

I haven't tried them though since I don't have problems.

Public release bug report:
- several castles and villages are in the wrong place or have a wrong ownership, Ill send you my updated map for you to do the changes (they are mostly for Bernicia and Fortriu)
- map needs polishing, maybe overall height should be lowered, a bit more forests added (Celidon woods), etc.
- Aulue current equipment would more fit the Peddestyr, they should not have coptic or red tunic (for nobles and their retinue), nor lenticular shields which would be for the heavier infantry, Aulue should have basic round shields, maybe no or less panonnians aswell
- Milwr and Arwrweision should not have mail (restrict it to the last tier or two last tier units)
- several sword scabbards are not displayed, displayed with wrong hilt, the worse beeing the gaelic short sword scabbard that shows a viking sword on the right side
- Alt Cluit troops are Gaels instead of Britons
- Ui Neill should maybe deleted for the moment, or eventually they don't need to own a castle
- one 'ragged nomad tunic' is red, too rich color
- one mail armor is missing (reported above)
- female characters are not fuilly developped, they start game without any object
- hare meat could be removed in shops, it also brings no morale bonus at all, dried meat is better
- babuanna are regulars fighters and should be equipped a tad better
- Briton bandits loot seems to bring no horses at all
- troops don't raise their shields when waiting in sieges which ensue heavy stupid casualties
- typo in Sigewulf's name (Bernician noble).
- nobles still mostly have vanilla armor and dress.
- items that should be removed: wooden shield with blue shine (or correct texture), voulge, military fork, noble shield, lamellar vest (khergit one).

I don't know if it only me or what.. But i see that my enemy always get unmounted in battle.. Sometimes they ride for a while, but mostly left their horse at spawn area..

EDIT : Hunting knife also share the same problem with Irish sword

More problems/comments:
- when getting ambushed or fighting bandits in villages we still get native bandits
- I would say no leather helmet for the Marchoc to differentiate them more from the Gaels and Picts
- Huskarl shield should be restricted to infantry, there is another native round shield than can go to horsemen
- Marchoc Mawr seems to get few briton and ridge helmets
- standard bearer should be elite troops
- linen tunic should get better stats and renamed to light padded tunic
- Sutton Hoo helmet could be renamed to 'Angle masked helmet' and Vendel helmet to 'Scylding helmet'
- scale armor could get more variation with a bit of reskinning, bronze version, scale without mail under, etc, different cloack color, different brooch
- looting give very few javelins, arrows and horses
- village worked quest are bugged: when you do it you find no named villager, you can simply finish it by speaking again to the elder, and afterwise it is not reinitialised at all for any village
- there is a bit too much Princes for Britons and Dal Riada, some of the king' sons would be too young to lead armies and perhaps get replaced, we will see this case by case.

I also noticed there is an issue when killing a prisonner. I did this to one who did refused to join my army, I lost a lot of honor and I ended up with -11 relationship in every settlement of the map... Getting a malus for killing a lord could be accepted but that way it's pretty much.

I got the "Unable to lock vertex buffer " error while i was battling my way to conquer a castle. I reckon its because of texture sizes or something similar.

Surprised no one has mentioned the floating town of Din Rheged:
30x75m0.jpg

In the quest to resuce a kidnapped girl, the bandit party spawned by the quest contains bandits from native who are too strong for the troops from this module. They also carry a lot of bows which breaks the module's focus on thrown weapons.

Calous said:
I got the "Unable to lock vertex buffer " error while i was battling my way to conquer a castle. I reckon its because of texture sizes or something similar.
I get that on loadup, can't play at all, just like Astorionar :sad:

More bug/issues/suggestions:
- an option to disable shield bash and javelin switch would be welcome, both are theorically excellent ideas but ingame are not portrayed in a realistic way, and cause issues. It's quite frustrating when getting bashed by an ally in a melee fight...
- most spears are too long, as it have been noticed recently. I think it could be good to have short spear (around 1m to 1m60), spears (1m80, 2m max) and longspears (more that 2meters), longspears could eventually only be held with both hands
- seax scabbard disappears when the seax is taken out from it
- more barelegged Picts and Gaels (especially) would be welcome
- there is a bit of a ditch between the various legwraps and shoes in terms of protection, some bringing nothing and some bringing up to +15 protection, I think all should bring between 5 (for very bad quality) and 12 (for upper quality) with no real distinction between the 3 sorts/models
- avar helmet (could be renamed to lamellar helmet) is seen nothing ingame, maybe it could appear as a very rare item (maybe it is so currently...) or only with NPCs such as the Wisigothic one
- leather-covered round shield (ingame name simple shield I think) could be seen more often among professional gaelic troops (Cliarthari and upper)
- germanic elite could be equipped with leather boots
- loot could be more balanced with more variety. I once looted 20 shields after killing only 12 Aulue...

To remove: chain vest, arming cap

• I'm getting the 1677 error periodically throughout gameplay, but it doesn't crash the game.
  • The hare meat seems to be inedible.  Also, the beer is "inedible" (ha).  If mead can be used as rations, it stands to reason that beer would as well.
  • Some of the banners that are rotated don't work well.  The red Chi-Rho on a white field used for one of the lords of the alcluyd (sic) particularly sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'm loving the release so far; I think I have devoted more time to it than any other mod!  I'm looking forward to the next release.

I noticed a couple of more things that fall into a grayish bug-like category:
  • The Gaelic Crested Helmet looks awesome; it probably is my favorite new item, but unfortunately wearing it makes it exceedingly difficult for the player to aim effectively for ranged weapons.  I'm not sure if anything can be done about this without changing the model, which would be a shame, but I wanted to bring it up.
  • I know that the map will be changed in upcoming releases, but I wanted to bring attention to the Firth of Forth area, as numerous parties get perpetually stuck in the water (I've found that if you can reach them, sometimes battles will knock them out of the stuck area).  Currently half of Goddodin's forces are caught on the corners in my game and it makes it difficult to defeat the saxon hordes.

The Gaelic Crested Helmet looks awesome; it probably is my favorite new item, but unfortunately wearing it makes it exceedingly difficult for the player to aim effectively for ranged weapons.  I'm not sure if anything can be done about this without changing the model, which would be a shame, but I wanted to bring it up.

Actually it's going to be replaced by more accurate models  :roll:

Morcant said:
The Gaelic Crested Helmet looks awesome; it probably is my favorite new item, but unfortunately wearing it makes it exceedingly difficult for the player to aim effectively for ranged weapons.  I'm not sure if anything can be done about this without changing the model, which would be a shame, but I wanted to bring it up.

Actually it's going to be replaced by more accurate models  :roll:

Oh well, sorry I like it then :wink:

I also just realized that it isn't a problem if you switch into first person mode,  that's what happens when you are  operating under sleep deprivation :???:

hi i have some bugs with my sound and when i create a charater thera are some messeges that is somthing missing and my sound all time are lagging or somthing.what i need to do?

Faderulith said:
Backspace command doesent work. Your party can cross the river without a bridge :smile:.  Tempered spatha doesent appear at your side in inventory window. Briton shield in HUGE! new shields on back are in wrong places.
Dont know is this a bug but while fighting there are some purple things flying around and enemy is changing colour of his armor.
i got this too

Back
Top Bottom