[SoT] Version 1.0 is released!

Users who are viewing this thread

New Factions: Four civilizations (Dal Riada, Gododdin, Rheged, Alcluyd, Fortriu, Bernicia and Ui Neill)

woudln't that be 7 civilaztions? iono stil dling

Yes, but the last faction (Ui Neill) is not really a faction, but invaders from Northern Ireland (something like in Sword of Damocles). They are possesing only one castle.

Only three plus the king. So they will be quickly defeated by other factions.

By the way, in the next versions I'm going to add even more factions, including:

- Deira (located south to Beornice)
- Selcovia (sub-kingdom of Alcluyd)
- Elmet (south to Rheged)

The Selcovia will be a very small faction, ideal choice for the first player's conquests.

Hello ! , are the crossbows available at the market ? Because I have visited some cities but I hadn't found one

corsairf4u said:
Hello ! , are the crossbows available at the market ? Because I have visited some cities but I hadn't found one
Crossbows do not fit into the time period Kolba has his mod in, therefore he removed them from this mod. Although, there are still crossbows in the arenas.

Yes, crossbows aren't really fitting the time period, as they probably weren't used by Britons, Anglo-Saxons and Gaels (the last two are for sure). Homever, on the Pictish stones you can spot some carvings showing Picts with crossbows. There is also a Pictish unit "Elbharu", which is using some crossbows.

'Light' crossbows are available, especially to Pictish warriors. The excavation of Buiston crannog in Ayrshire (part of Alt Cluid briton kingdom in the mod) revealed part of a crossbow and iron bolts. 3 pictish carvings show crossbows. It's likely both North britons and Picts adopted the weapon from the Romans. It was certainly used in hunting, we don't know however if it was really used at war.

Great Mod! This is one of my favorite time periods in British history. Keep going on the releases!
Thanks for this!

This is a friggin mahooosive mod!!! the biggest one ive seen so far,
looks excellent though, i hope its worth the wait!

Back
Top Bottom