SP Fantasy [WB] Diablo 2 - Gotta hack'n slash'em all

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, a dark, gritty dungeon crawler would be great. You could go the route of those adventure mods, with interconnected scenes. You could have a town hub like Diablo with merchants and everything.

A Diablo 2 mod is a great purpose.  :cool:  I hope you will make it Kbcamaster!
You can use my Rogue style armor, if Rogues will have their role in this mod.

surrealarms512.jpg

This looks awesome.  To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing either diablo 1 or 2.  A diablo 2 version could be all about the wars.  Diablo 1 could be the classic dungeon crawler.  If you wanted to be incredible you could have the 16 lvls of diablo 1 be an intro to the entire mod.  It would be simple enough to not have the monsters in the dungeon all attack you at once.  There is a flag that makes monsters instantly alert to your presence in battles.  Simply remove that flag and they will ignore you till you walk in front of them.

When I get all items ready, textured, and in the game I'll make a Den Of Evil dungeon demo. I made the fallen body, but I dunno if I have to rig it or not... will putting it in the game just like a sword make it? (the fallen body has a shoulderpad, but as it's made of leather it doesn't need to be solid.) Also, how can I set flame particles to burst out of an item? (fallen shaman's fireball, it's going to be a red ball throwing weapon that burns; and the fire golem! It MUST burn.)

Oh, and thanks! I'll remove that flag for sure, all quests will be "dungeons" like that. =D

Berserker Pride said:
This looks awesome.  To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing either diablo 1 or 2.  A diablo 2 version could be all about the wars.  Diablo 1 could be the classic dungeon crawler.  If you wanted to be incredible you could have the 16 lvls of diablo 1 be an intro to the entire mod.  It would be simple enough to not have the monsters in the dungeon all attack you at once.  There is a flag that makes monsters instantly alert to your presence in battles.  Simply remove that flag and they will ignore you till you walk in front of them.

Can Diablo 1 be that trivialized by making a couple of levels? Diablo had an amazing atmosphere compared to 2.

Oh quiet, you.

Diablo's source material is pretty derivative as is. Making a mod would pay homage to it, not degrade it.

What I mean is that there would be 16 quickbattles for diablo 1.  If you made the levels big enough that would not trivialize diablo 1 in any way.  To be honest I preferred the atmosphere of diablo 1 myself to diablo 2.  Diablo 2 had much more stuff but the most fun I ever had was knocking back mobs as a rogue with a windforce bow.  Even if it was an intro it would be a long awesome intro.  You would have to have a save point of some kind every four levels.  Perhaps rather than an intro it could be the first half of the entire mod.

I envision a sweet coorperative mode for Warband with the Diablo 1 part of the mod.

I think it's better to create the monastery in Tristram (save Cain quest) and let it be there for anyone who wants to enter. Also, there'll be a Hardcore Game feature, with permadeath.

I'm glad to see you guys are actually making some headway, its pretty exciting.  I think having a mix of both M&B style warfare and heroes-only dungeon missions would be pretty freaking awesome.

I don't think anyone answered your question about particles, so let me try.  Take a peek at the Torch item in the module system, it'll be commented out.  It doesn't work as far as I know, but you can create a similar system with say, a suit of armor for the Fire Golem, or a projectile weapon for the shaman's fireballs.  Basically, you'll need to use the ti_on_init_item trigger to set up a particle system.  Its kinda complex, but take a look around on the forums.

edit: On a side note, a similar system could be used to create Locust Swarms.  Have an invisible suit of armor that emits a particle effect, making it look like a bunch of insects are swarming around a point.  I hate those guys, but it would be cool to see.

Thanks for the Locust Swarm idea! It's nice XD
I still don't know how to use the module system properly, but I'll check it out in the future. For now I'm modelling and texturing items and monsters.

Here's the fallen shaman (funky colors, but I like it, makes the shaman more tribalistic)

I still don't know how to animate custom hands, though.

Don't worry about animating custom hands.  It seems even though gloves and hands are vertex animated the characters always have their hands in a fist.  Whether they are holding a weapon or not.  So just copy the hand closed mesh from native and you are done.

Back
Top Bottom