SP Antiquity Bronze And Blood - a mod for 1.011 (OPINION ON TROOP TREE NEEDED)

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know if you've seen this, but it should be helpful to you:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,77165.msg2002879.html#msg2002879

Its not historically accurate, but its damned cool.

Another quick little update.  i've started work on the Sea People helmets.  Just a picture of what I've been working on the past two days.  They're still WIP, but I think they're nearly done.  Haven't even looked at a filler texture yet.

SEAPEOPLEHELMETS.jpg

From left: the Peleset headdress.  there's only one model of this helmet.  the next two are two of the eight Shardana helmets I've made.  They all use the same basic shape with different horn and crest layouts.

The third helmet is my personal favourite.

EDIT: Have done a really, really quick and dirty texture for all the Sea People helmets.  Here's the same models with the texture:

helmets-1.jpg

Cheers
Kvedulf

So far this sounds like the mod I wanted to make in my 3 to 4 sad attempts. If you have 1866 look in the brf folder, go to t_models.brf, and you will find several models that I made. I think you may be able to use a couple of them specifically ,mychelm, and broadsword_d. They use native textures so you'll want to redo those, and feel free to modify them a you need. If you do not have 1866 let me know and I'll send them to you (this time I mean it).
Talon

ooh, my first badly spelled request for a release date! I actually feel like I'm making a mod now

@Zarthas; thanks for the headsup on the Bronze Warrior model pack. I've Pmed Amade.

@Talon.  Thanks for that.  I do have 1866, so that won't be a problem.

I would just like to again thank Talon.  All the Mycenaean helmets and all the Sherden helmets are simply conversions of Talon's helmet models.  Also, I am still using a number of his textures (basically, all the the good textuers in my mod are his).  So without Talon's hard work, and agreeing to let me use them, my mod would be much less.  Thank you Talon.

Just to let y'all know what's happening, I'm just meandering along at the moment, and am starting work on two new Shardana shield variants to be used alongside the one already made, and also two Peleset shield models.  I'm also looking for pictures of horse-hair crests, that I can use to texture both the Peleset helmets and a number of the crested Mycenaean helmets.

Cheers
Kvedulf

EDIT: Still alive, if anyone cares.  Haven't done much in the way of modelling recently.  Have instead been playing with the MS.  Got Mordacai's prisoner dialogues in, rebalanced all the current items I've made to fit the damage, combat style/system I want, and have started finding "correct" names for all the items and troops, using a combination of Mycenaean Greek and Classical Greek.  I've also managed to download 3dsmax, and have just downloaded Blender, so will see if I can teach myself to rig.  I'm also going to start remodelling the spears I have to be more accurate.  Oh, and a certain someone has done this for me:

body2.jpg
It's the tip of a sword retextured by my mysterious friend.  I'd like to show more but don't want to spoil the surprise.  This person will be credited when it is released but for now, they wish to remain anonymous...

Cheers
Kvedulf

Hey all.
Here's my third draft for the basic Mycenaean troop trees.  I'd like constructive critisism on them, mainly in regards to how they compare to the archaeological record.

Please note that the troop names are working-titles and more like descriptors than actual names.

PEASANTS: these troops are the worst in the Mycenaean army and are recruited in villages.
Peasant => Hunter => archer
                            => skirmisher

WARRIORS: these troops are the standard professional warriors and are recruited in towns and cities.
Raider => spearman => pikeman => armoured pikeman

NOBLES: these has no upgrade path and represents the warrior and social elite.  they are recruited in towns and cities but take a large amount of money,time and renown to recruit.

Some last notes: the Raiders and Nobles provide the assault arm of the army.  Some factions such as Mycenae and Knossos have special troops that will add assault type troops at around the level of the pikeman.  The Greeks will suck at siege warfare, which given the Illiad seems only proper.

So, fire away at the feedback and critisicm and opinions.

Cheers
Kvedulf

I've updated the first post with new information, and removed a couple of the old screenshots.  I'm still having trouble with getting the rigging to work, so that isn't going anywhere...

On a more positive note, I've finally managed to get Foxyman's Form Ranks to work, so that's now ingame.  Yay!

A sneak peak at a related project I'm slowly working on.  I've been tinkering away when I have a spare 5/10 minutes or I don't feel like looking at the MS.  It almost certainly WON'T make it into the first release, but I'll get it in eventually.
untitled.jpg
Please note that this is only the start of the model, and is only to get the basic shape and dimensions right.

Cheers
Kvedulf

Back
Top Bottom