B Fantasy [WB]The Sultan's Successors!

Users who are viewing this thread

FrisianDude

Archduke
With fitting glee, I present to you what I've been busy with for about a year now;

The Sultan's Successors

º Approximately five thousand years before the last of the late this island was home to many tribes. These tribes constantly fought and bickered whenever they met. They were men like beasts, filthy and without culture. They fought with sticks, stones and bones. One night, when two tribes, of which the names are lost in history, were fighting, near where now Gizis lies, a sail appeared on the horizon.
Then another.
Then a third.
And many more sails appeared. The clamour stopped. Two tribes hostile to one another were now standing side by side to watch these newcomers. These newcomers wore shining clothes, had shining weapons. Their skin was redder and their hair was blacker. They stood close to eachother and hid behind wood and leather. They marched in a tight cluster from their ships towards the natives and slaughtered them.

The oldest texts in these lands are by the hands of this people. They called themselves the Maseit. Their texts mention that they landed with two hundred boats. They conquered the whole island and ruled over the disorganized nomadic tribes.
They settled.
They made towns and palaces and called themselves lord. This was the reign of the Maseit. This was the first, the eldest age.

First I'll just give a basic set-up of what I'm making; the mod will be fantasy-inspired in a Middle-eastern like setting. In the mod you will encounter strange, semi-mythological things.

*Features-to-be:
- Colourfull armies.
- Pyramids, tombs, caves and crypts one can enter and explore.
- Large varieties of weapons, horses and armors.
- Vast amounts of unique mercenaries.
- A huge quantity of joinable factions, each with their own unique history, troops and customs.
- An enormous map.
- Armies of different bandits roaming about.
- Religion will play a role.
- Mounted combat will be important to all of the factions, be it in countering or in using horses.
- There will be a lot of spears.
- You'll be able to see the real projectiles flying.
- More throwing weapons will be available.
- Grand new soundtracks, without replacing the old ones, by Rejenorst.
- Fantastic new quick battles!
- Custom battles!
- I'm going to make the troops a bit more realistic. Their skills will be similar to what the player can have at the same level.
- And many other exciting buzzwords!
*I have also gotten my grubby mitts on a few scripts kindly donated by the many skilled scripters out there.
- Spear Bracing. (Thanks to Jinnai, the Mercenary) Not yet working.In different tests where my troops did brace their spears they seemed to shoot invisible horse-killing rays. Funny to watch, but kinda ruining it all. :sad:
- Bridge Battles. (Thanks to Arch3r.)
- Recruiting of troops from towns. (Thanks to ..err... I'll have to get back to you on that.) Still needs work.
- Custom battles. (Thanks to Iberon and Kolba.) Still needs work.
- And some others that are not very present in my mind at the moment.

*Progress.
- At the moment I can't get the Map editor to work, so I can't add new towns, villages and castles and those are desperately needed. Map editor, ahoy! (p.10)
- My modelling and texturing skills are quite below par, however I've recently found out about a better way of texturing, so I'm gonna have to retexture my crappy textures to be slightly less crappy textures.
- I have to remove a few dozen textures I'm not using.
- Give armors and weapons values they deserve, which will probably lead to armors being down- and weapons being upgraded.
- I am still to compose the credits-list as I've taken many items from the products of generous modders. (Modders who frequently are more skilled than I am, too.)
*Preview troop tree:
Not very representative:

• Xyphian Peasant (Level 4 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 57 2H: 62 POLE: 61)
    • Xyphian Akritos (Level 9 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 85 2H: 87 POLE: 87)
      • Xyphian Legionairos (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 114 2H: 117 POLE: 120)
        • Xyphian Legionairos Primos (Level 19 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 132 2H: 123 POLE: 129)
          • Xyphian Palatinos (Level 24 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 146 2H: 140 POLE: 131)
        • Xyphian Hippos (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 111 2H: 106 POLE: 117)
          • Xyphian Hetairos (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 111 2H: 109 POLE: 116)
            • Xyphian Klibanophoros (Level 25 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 145 2H: 151 POLE: 147)
      • Xyphian Auxillios (Level 9 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 89 2H: 87 POLE: 81)
        • Xyphian Auxillios Toxotos (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 81 XBOW: 82 THR: 84)
        • Xyphian Auxillios (Level 11 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 108 2H: 91 POLE: 92)
    • Pahian Pescatos (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 111 XBOW: 105 THR: 122)

As you can see, they still need their skills re-done. Black is infantry, red is cavalry and green is ranged. Every faction will have their quite unique trees.

(Screenshots will be added later/after some time.)

Some time.

It's not very good, nor is it very representative as it'll be used by a single unit. Nonetheless,

FrisianDude said:
Also; here's a picture of a sword:
More certainly to come.

Pictures of Xyphian troops in custom battle?

Aye.
    0 (0%)
Nay.
    0 (0%)
You should take a picture of an actual army of theirs on the world map. 0 (0%)

Locked because it didn't make sense, it made no difference between world map and custom battles.

FrisianDude said:
Bump for righteousness! Or rather, a bump with a question.

I'm wondering with what to resurrect this thread and gather some attention (I loove attention). Actually, no. I'm wondering what YOU think. The major factions in my mod are:
  • The Bolgris Principality
  • The Caliphate of the Isiryai
  • The Mighadyan Dynasty
  • The Masizitewy Kingdom
  • The Hungothi Tribes and
  • The Rhombader States.

As it is, you do not know much of these factions, therefore I would like you to choose on name alone. Which of these factions sound most interesting to you? I'll open up a poll and run it until Friday or Saturday and then I'll post additional information and new screenshots of the faction you've chosen. Sounds thrilling, doesn't it? :wink:

What faction sounds most interesting to you?

The Bolgris Principality
    11 (15.7%)
The Caliphate of the Isiryai
    18 (25.7%)

The Mighadyan Dynasty
    13 (18.6%)
The Masizitewy Kingdom
    8 (11.4%)
The Hungothi Tribes
    14 (20%)
The Rhombader States
    6 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: January 22, 2010, 09:01:49 pm

Add firearms?

Yes.
    10 (35.7%)
No.
    18 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28 Conclusion: No firearms.

FrisianDude said:
                            _> Pahian Peasant  (2,1)                                    _> Xyphian Auxillios Toxotos (2,1)
Xyphian Peasant(1,1) / _> Xyphian Akritos (1,1) __> Xyphian Auxillios (4,1/2) /_> Xyphian Veteran Auxillios(4,2)
                                      \_> Xyphian Legionairos (1,2) __> Xyphian Legionairos Primos(1,2) __> Xyphian Palatinos (1,2/3)
                                      \_>Xyphian Hippeis (3,1) __> Xyphian Heitairos (3,2) __> Xyphian Klibanophoros (3,3)
Vaeringja Guard (1,2/3) __> Vaeringja Champion. (1,3)

1 - Infantry
2 - Ranged
3 - Cavalry
4- Spearmen

,1 - Light
,2 - Medium
,3 - Heavy

Keep in mind I never went for serious latin.

Hmm.. I suppose you're right. I've now updated the first post with a tree by the trooptree generator.  I do have a story though, I simply haven't written it yet. :wink:

Thanks for the positive comments, all. :smile:
Sir Peter said:
I want a new troop tree . I can't understand this troops and you need a story :wink: Good Luck
Actually, I just realized that you might have wanted a translation. :eek:
Should I put down a translated version? It seemed all relatively simple to me, but not everybody's got the same experiences and knowledge and ****.

Edit:
Here's a medium-armored horsey I've busied myself with:
I'll continue it later as it's obviously not finished, but I want some sleep first. :wink:

Yes. :smile:
Bills are from the OSP polearms, and the Bridge is thanks to Arch3r's work.
Some mercenaries in the top one, the pink thing is up for retexturing and an NPC character, like Marnid and co, is charging some looters in the second picture.

I WILL upload more, better and newer ones, but I'm busy at the moment. :sad:

Haha, thanks. I just updated the first post. I intend to post some pictures there more often. Here's a new picture too:

Back
Top Bottom