Napoleonic Units Add-on Comments and Bug Reporting Topic. *New poll!*

Opinions on Add-on Release

• Give us a cheap version that is untested. We'll tell you about the bugs.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Make it relatively stable, we'll iron out the last of the bugs.

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • Give us just the BRFs and Textures, we'll implement the items ourselves.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron the stupid thing until there are no bugs left. (I will ignore any votes on this option)

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Don't Care/Other/Blah.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I want to be in the Calradia Invaded RP.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • A_Mustang's Horses in Warband and in RPs should be roasted.

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venitius

Count
Basically, I don't want the Add-on collection clogged full of posts and my comments thread on MFB is practically empty.
Napoleonic Units Add-on Pack v.2

Link (v.2 (NEW))= http://www.filefront.com/14321057/Venitius%27%20Add-on%20pack.zip
Please install this fix after installing v.2.

Link (v.1)=http://www.filefront.com/14208627/Addon%20pack.zip

This pack will include all of my add-ons and will take priority over any other add-on. I will try to make it compatible with any other add-on, and as always, it is not entirely historical.

Factions:

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
Consisting of good, well trained men, the British are a well-rounded faction. They call upon Gentry and German expatriates as Cavalry, and can use Line Infantry from allied factions in the field. British Light Infantry armed with the Baker Rifle can pick off enemy troops at ease. Scottish Highlanders and British Foot Guard act as shock infantry.
Focus= Line Infantry, Light Infantry, Elite Infantry.
Sub-Factions: Prussia, Brunswick, Hanover, Nassau, Scotland. Portugal in v.3

First French Empire

A well trained army of experienced men, the French specialize in cavalry, but their infantry is also decent. Fielding the famed Guard and Cuirassiers, top-tier French armies are a real challenge. Cuirassiers and Dragoons make up the heavy cavalry, with Lancers from France and Poland filling the medium cavalry. Hussars support the main force. Polish and Corsican troops also aid the French.
Focus= Melee, Guards, Heavy Cavalry.
Sub-Factions: Duchy of Warsaw, Corsica.

Tsardom of Russia
Fielding large armies of rugged troops, the Russians excel at close combat. Although unlike the Militia, National Guard and Landwehr of the other factions, the Opolenchie militia carry spears, excelling at close combat versus the shorter bayonets. However, the Russian infantry are not the best at ranged. Strelsy and Cossacks easily make up for this on foot, and the Cuirassiers and Dragoons on horseback.
Focus= Melee, Irregulars, Overwhelming force.
No Sub-Factions.

Empire of Austria
Fielding mediocre armies of German militiamen mainly, the Landwehr can hold their ground for sometime if backed up by Fusiliers. Hungarian Grenadiers excel at close combat, and are good at range, but are a rarity. What the Austrians excel at is Light Infantry and Cavalry. Having two of some of the best light troops in the mod, Grenzers and Uhlans, the Austrians can pack a surprise punch. The flexibility of the Grenzers as both Light Infantry and Line Infantry, and the experienced Uhlans, arguably the best Lancers if you don't include the Polish Vistulas, can swing the side of battles. Cuirassiers also join the fray, riding boot to boot, and riding down their foes.
Focus= Overwhelming force, Light Infantry.
Sub-Factions: Hungary, Croatia/Transylvania.

Kingdom of Sweden
A relatively small army, with little variation, Swedish Heavy Cavalry and Light Infantry are good at their job. As one of only two troops armed with a rifle, Finnish Jaegers are experienced and as deadly as their British counterparts. The Swedish have a reputation of being good horsemen, but the Swedish armies may have slightly deteriorated since the days of Gustavus Adolphus. However, the Swedish Cuirassiers, Dragoons and Mounted Guards can challenge the French heavies.
Focus= Heavy Cavalry, Rounded infantry.
Sub-Factions: Finland.

Here's the "Focus" bit explained:[/u]
Each Faction is good at several things and has dedicated troops for that purpose. For example, British Infantry of the Line have better firearms stats than their equivalent, and British Highlanders and Foot Guard are some of the best Elite Infantry.
Guide to the abilities/traits/skills/bonus/focus:
Line Infantry: This faction excels at having well-trained Regulars, and so they are better trained and more accurate with their weaponry.
Elite Infantry: This faction has excellent Elite Infantry, some of the best top-tier infantry because of their melee and ranged skills.
Light Infantry: This faction has focused on raising troops with excellent marksmanship, and may have armed them with rifles.
Melee: This faction has focused on melee weapons. All of their troops are good in melee.
Irregulars: Troops from this faction have fought in non-conventional ways. They use most weapons to hand and easily pick off and defeat isolated troops in the field. They can also act as dedicated cavalry or infantry, if needed.
Overwhelming Force: This faction has massed large armies of conscripts and militiamen ready to fight.
Guards: The best cavalry and infantry in this faction with Guard status are excellent in the field. (basically Elite Infantry + Elite Cavalry)
Heavy Cavalry: This faction has focused on troops riding strong horses, and the troops themselves have great stamina, skill and strength. Often these troops are Cuirassiers.
Rounded Infantry: This faction's infantry has nothing special, they are almost as good in melee as at firing their guns.

How to install: Place the files in the .zip you downloaded into the Age of Blackpowder: Realm of Revolution folder. Make back-ups if you want, and start a new game.

Optional Rules
General
Do not engage in combat unless necessary, always be on a horse. Try and get killed from range rather than by melee. Observe battle from high ground or behind men, and use tactical map.

Officer
Ride on horse or walk on foot. Can use tactical map or hotkeys. Use a sabre or a sword. Carry a pistol and ammunition, but no longarms, except carbines. Troops of one type only.

Light Infantry Officer
Ride to battle on horse and dismount, or walk to battle. Carry a sabre, and no longarms or carbines. Order men to spread out when fighting. Light Infantry troops only.

Not in current version
Bourbon Restoration
Recruit only British Marines, French peasants, French Royalists, Highlanders or Swiss.

Jacobite Rebellion
Recruit only French troops, British Highlanders or Highlanders.

Freikorps
Form an army consisting entirely of Landwehr and Freikorps.

For Prussia!
Recruit only Prussian troops and capture a settlement, and continue using Prussians thereafter. Brunswickers may be used.

Optional Achievements
A bit of fun, so you can have aims apart from killing AI.
Preussens Gloria
Form an army consisting solely of Prussians.

Frogs and the Lobsters
Have French Regulars/Royalist Infantry in your army as well as British Marines.

March of the Prussian Infantry
March straight at an enemy on a hill with an army of Prussians and defeat them with the bayonet. Dragoons recommended.

Plunkett's Achievements
Headshot a French General and a Cavalrymen next to him while acting as a British rifleman with full kit. (Musketeer/Cavalry Boots, British Infantry Shako, British Rifleman uniform, Musketeer Sword, Baker Rifle, Cartridges/Fine Cartridges.

Landwehr at Lowenberg
Defeat an enemy army with your own army consisting entirely of Prussian Landwehr while your allies are watching and doing nothing. Bayonet charge recommended.

Defeat the Guard
Defeat the French Guard with anything. Cavalry, Melee Infantry, Musketeers, etc.

Raise High the Colours!
Buy a set/pair of Colours (flags) and give them to your companions or use them yourself.

Note that Screenshots are in the Screenshot Thread.

Polls:
Dutch-Belgian Light Dragoons:- One or two units?
One unit (Dutch-Belgian Light Dragoons) with two different uniforms. = 4 (36.4%)
Two units with a different uniform each. = 2 (18.2%)
Belgian Lt. Dragoons only. = 3 (27.3%)
Dutch Lt. Dragoons only. = 0 (0%)
Don't Care/Other/Blah. = 2 (18.2%)

Many thanks go to:
Bjorne and his team.
JDeNef13 for retexturing.
Luigi, RR_Raptor65, James, The Pope and Bismark for OSP Weapons.
Nikephoros, for the Dragoon Helmet.
Thorgrim, for BRF Edit.
jordan, for Item Editor.
HokieBT, for Troop Editor.
People in the forge for asking questions I wanted to ask, and so solved my problems,
TML for his thread of tweaks.
Einsenhouwer for Cries of War pack.
Rejenorst for Official Vocals pack.
Checkmaty for More Metal Sounds.
Sibylla for some weapons from Sibylla's weapon pack.
-IYI-O-R-T for the OSP Steampunk pack.
wildhorse for OSP Horses.
Shadow_AUT for the Settlement Names mod (I edited it slightly)
Flavius Etius for v.0.1 of the new flags. (I accidentally included them without having a back up.)
Highelf for the Unofficial Modeling Tutorials (I used knowledge from after watching them to edit some meshes)
Luigi, Nijekovic, Ursca, Ubberdorc, Mirathei, Raz., The Pope and TRC for OSP Helmets.
Couched for some items from OSP Knights.
Manitas for his Auto-rigger, and Rath0s for the tutorial for that tool.
mtarini, for OpenBRF.
HokieBT, The Happy Stormtrooper, TakiJap and Geroj for OSP Clothing.
Clegane for a bonus item.
JFC, Spanky and the Regalia of Nations Team for the Flags from Empire: Total Flags v.1.3 mod for Empire: Total War.
LtChambers for Empire: Total War Pack File manager.
Yoshiboy and contributors of the Pirates! mod.
Perennial Nuisance team for some bicornes.
People who contributed in TheMageLord's Tweak Thread.
The Lords and Realms Siege Project, NICK.ALTMAN and the team.
Loads of people who I probably forgot.

TF2, Battle Grounds II, A Fistful of Frags, WWIIOL, MOHAAWC, CoH, M&B mods, SoI, Calradia Invaded, Taleworlds Forum, Tea, Empire: Total War, Historical Documentaries, Periodic Table of Videos and Youtube for keeping me occupied.
The person who fixed my computer for not wiping the hard drive.

Spliting austrians into german and hungarians and american line infantry can be great  :razz:

I don't really see why Guerillas are so popular, they'd just be in smaller numbers, but with a ramshackle selection of weaponry and equipment with good firearms and one-handed, but little health.

Venitius said:
I don't really see why Guerillas are so popular, they'd just be in smaller numbers, but with a ramshackle selection of weaponry and equipment with good firearms and one-handed, but little health.

Have you actually read a book about them? A lot of what you just said is wrong.

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/store/Spanish-Guerrillas-in-the-Peninsular-War-1808%E2%80%9314_9781841766294/

Is a good one.

With what I have now, that's what will happen. Yes, I had thought about getting that book, but I've currently got the two KGL ones so I'm not willing to buy more as of now. And yes, I did know that some of the Guerillas had uniforms. I'm saving the "uniformed" guerillas higher up the troop tree. Also it's a bit of a generalization of civilians who took up arms to fight against invaders. The higher up the troop tree, the better the stats & equipment, to represent experience and supplies.

Proposed Dutch-Belgian Troop Tree:

Farmer---------Townsman etc.

---------- Nassau Flankers
                                                  --------Nassau Militia ------- Nassau Infantry --------- Nassau Fusiliers ------------ Nassau Grenadiers

---- Dutch-Belgian-Nassauer Recruit
                                                                                      -------Dutch-Belgian Light Dragoons----Dutch-Belgian Hussars--------Dutch-Belgian Carabinieers.
                                                    ---- Dutch-Belgian Miltia ----- Dutch-Belgian Fusiliers ---------- Dutch-Belgian Grenadiers?
                                                                                        ------ Dutch-Belgian Flankers

Venitius said:
Proposed Dutch-Belgian Troop Tree:

--------Nassau Militia ------- Nassau Infantry --------- Nassau Fusiliers ------------ Nassau Grenadiers

---- Dutch-Belgian-Nassauer Recruit
                                                                                      -------Dutch-Belgian Light Dragoons----Dutch-Belgian Hussars--------Dutch-Belgian Carabinieers.
                                                    ---- Dutch-Belgian Miltia ----- Dutch-Belgian Fusiliers ---------- Dutch-Belgian Grenadiers?
                                                                                        ------ Dutch-Belgian Flankers

Dutch-Belgians are called Flemish. The names do seem awefully long.
Proposition?

--------Nassau Militia ------- Nassau Infantry --------- Oranje Fusiliers ------------ Oranje Grenadiers

---- Lowland Recruit
                                                                                      -------Flemish Light Dragoons----Flemish Hussars--------Flemish Carabinieers.
                                                    ---- Belgian Miltia ----- Belgian Fusiliers ---------- Walloon Grenadiers?
                                                                                        ------ Walloon Flankers

Should I just shove "Netherlands" infront of them as at that time Flanders was called the United Netherlands/United Provinces, or should I just shove Dutch-Belgian infront of 'em? Nassauers are separate due to different uniform.

Anyway, I'm busy with Cuirassiers, and locking the poll tomorrow. I fixed the bright uniforms though.

What about my american friends....how would that play out.........like my elite elite elite american friends....

Belgium and the Netherlands did not exist back then, 't was United Kingdom of the Netherlands (or Kingdom of the United Netherlands, or the 17 United Provinces)

Edit: I vote for United Provinces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom