Typo Thread: Post typo errors you find in SP game here

Users who are viewing this thread

mb2.jpg
Minor text Error when talking to any tavern keeper.
The "Have" is out of the readable area.

amade said:
I think some of those string errors you're getting because you didn't apply the hotfix (according to your other thread). The SP executable does not patch any files while the Warband MP upgrader appears to patch txt files that are not as up-to-date as Nijis' hotfixes (old bugs keep resurfacing if you don't patch using hotfix).

you may be right.

(Steve note to self -- checked up to here in this thread)

It's not exactly a typo, but Travellers in taverns will still give you the text about not being able to become a king when asked about the land of Calradia.
TravellerText.jpg

I used the cheats to conquer the city of Yalen while I did not belong to any Kingdom, and got the following text:
ConfirmMyWhat.jpg
I'm not 100% sure what should be confirmed :wink:

I circled two text issues in the following screenshot; the first is a larger than normal gap (I think it's the place for a character name, but I appointed a prominent local townsman instead of my one companion), and the second is "acculation" which I believe should be "accumulation".
AcculationAndGap.jpg

When asking the Wandering Troubadour to teach me a poem, I get the following text:
Replete.jpg
The circled word should be "replete" instead of replate.

I was telling Klethi that I aspired to be king, and noticed the following errors in dialogue:
KlethiAboutKing.jpg
The apostrophe shouldn't be there in the word "ha've", and there's a space missing between the words "know" and "what".

When telling Firentis that I aspired to be king, I noticed the following errors in dialogue:
FirentisAboutKing.jpg
"Many" should be "man", and "fraticide" should be "fratricide".

When telling Rolf that I aspired to be king, I noticed the following errors in dialogue:
RolfAboutKing.jpg
The word "be" should be between "would" and "the".

After sending Nizar on a friendly diplomatic mission to the Nords, I noticed the following error in dialogue:
NizarDiplomacyMission.jpg
There's an extra "King Ragnar" in there.

After sending Ymira on a mission to "talk me up" a bit as a potential King, I saw the following error when confronted by Baheshtur:
BaheshturAboutYmiraMission.jpg
The word "step" should be "steppe". I'm also not certain if he should say "<Player name> Bahadur" at the beginning of the text, as he usually just calls me "Bahadur" without mentioning the character name.

PS
I know my "circles" are a little funky, but I suck at drawing with the mouse in MS Paint :oops:

links_missing.jpg
The characters and locations in the Visit Lady quest does not have any links attached as it is usual for other quests.

Also, it should be "last seen at Khudan"

47263387.png
Refrain has an incorrect 'g' at the end.  Said by an emissary when they return from a offering of vassalage mission.

EDIT:  Also, I think "declaring war" would probably sound better than "making war".

Declaring of the war probably already happened, while making war refers to actually seeking battle with eachother, so I think making war'd be better. :smile:

May not be considered a typo, but I noticed how sometimes in the market you come across the different types of throwing axes with redundant or paradoxical modifiers.  Such as "Heavy Heavy Throwing Axes" or "Heavy Light Throwing Axes".  May be a good idea if there was a was limit on which condition modifiers certain weapons could have.

I was looking through strings.txt for something else and noticed that various "kingsupport" strings could use improvement.

str_npc2_kingsupport_1  has the placeholder "[Marnid]"
str_npc2_kingsupport_2 is a placeholder
str_npc2_kingsupport_2a is a placeholder
str_npc2_kingsupport_2b is a placeholder
str_npc2_kingsupport_3 is a placeholder  (I'm sensing a pattern here...)

str_npc3_kingsupport_3  (first) {sir/madamge} should be {sir/madame}

str_npc14_kingsupport_3  "_no_man_should_be_{king/king_or_queen}"  might make more sense as "_no_one_should_be_{king/king_or_queen}"  (second) {sir/madamge} should be {sir/madame}

str_npc9_kingsupport_objection "have_told_Beheshtur_"  IIRC, it should be "have_told_Baheshtur_"

str_npc16_kingsupport_objection [placeholder_-_klethi_complains_about_marnid]

Probably still under construction.

Ethan109 said:
May not be considered a typo, but I noticed how sometimes in the market you come across the different types of throwing axes with redundant or paradoxical modifiers.  Such as "Heavy Heavy Throwing Axes" or "Heavy Light Throwing Axes".  May be a good idea if there was a was limit on which condition modifiers certain weapons could have.
That was in 1.011 aswell with Heavy Bastard Swords.

Troubadour addresses only males, and just before you "become an adventurer and ride out to Calradia" there is a random "King Ragnar" at the end of the narrator's sentence.
Then this isn't exactly a typo, but when there is a feast going on in the castle and you take a walk around the courtyard and try to open the castle doors, after you press f, the option disappears instead of giving some sort of explanation as to why you can't enter.
I've also come across a rusty fur coat...

Makh said:
Troubadour addresses only males, and just before you "become an adventurer and ride out to Calradia" there is a random "King Ragnar" at the end of the narrator's sentence.
Then this isn't exactly a typo, but when there is a feast going on in the castle and you take a walk around the courtyard and try to open the castle doors, after you press f, the option disappears instead of giving some sort of explanation as to why you can't enter.
I've also come across a rusty fur coat...

The king Ragnar thing has been fixed. Whatever version you're using you're supposed to use the latest hotfix with it.

amade said:
The king Ragnar thing has been fixed. Whatever version you're using you're supposed to use the latest hotfix with it.
sorry, downloaded the hotfix after I played through the beginning and hadn't realized it was fixed.

.635+hotfix

char_generate.jpg

I'm not sure if someone had already reported this but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there in previous versions. Typo found for all character generation options.
companion_opinion.jpg

Fairly straightforward, missing period.
king_queen_speech.jpg

I can't remember if you can switch pronouns for dialog replies, but if you can't then maybe King can be changed to Ruler instead... or something.

edit: 2 more typos
lazalit_recruit_1.jpg

lezalit_recruit_2.jpg

.635+.635.1

faction_notes_foreign.jpg

Extra period after Swadian Rebels.
treason_indict_typo.jpg

Missing period after kingdom name at the end.

Sorry for pointing out a hell lot of period typos lately :razz:

Typos:

Lords:

"I shall remain your most ardent ardmirer."

"Well, I dare say that one like you could make lend a touch of feminity even to a mail hauberk."

Wandering Troubador:
In part beginning "Nobles are an odd lot," "warrior" should be singular, not plural "warriors"

Companions:

Answer to aspire to be queen of this land:
Answer is "my lord" - there is no "my lady"

Discussing pledge to start council to overrule Queen:
"madamge"

you might have a look at Player's dialog with the farmer in the tavern:
"What are you blurbing about, peasant?" might be better  as "rambling on about" or "babbliing about"
"blurbing" is not really a word - outdated English slang is "burbling", which might have been what was intended.

Back
Top Bottom