How Do I use a module? I Don't Know how to set it and play it once downloaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Dreknith

I downloaded a couple mods but I don't know how to set them, someone plz help me.

I don't know how many of these questions goes answered each week. It would really help if you went through the search function before posting questions, as a lot of questions made are answered several times over.

To answer your question it depends on the mod. Most mods are packed in a zip or rar file. Extract them and make sure that you only have 1 folder of the mod name. In example "Mod awesomeness v1.15/Mod Awesomeness" is wrong - it should simply be "Mod Awesomeness" and the folders within it should contain textfiles and a few folders for resources (such as textures etc). Once you've unpacked it and made sure that you don't have a duplicate name, copy (or cut) the folder and open your Mount&Blade\Modules directory - paste "Mod Awesomeness". Here you will see one folder named "Native" this is the original version of M&B, make a backup if you intend to change anything there.
So right now you should have Mod Awesomeness and Native next to eachother at the path Mount&Blade\Modules.

Some other mods have a proper install file for you to use, simply install them into the module folder if they do (Hundred year wars has such a file, in example).

And finally some mods only have a few text files with them - in other words they haven't really modified a lot. To use these ones you have to go to the Mount&Blade/Modules folder again and this time make a copy of native to the same section. Rename the folder "Copy of native" (or whatever name the copy receives) to the mod name. Copy the text files from the mod you're installing and paste them into the newly created and renamed copy of native. Overwrite any existing files. Very few mods are installed this way, and the ones that do usually have a readme to explain the installation process.

To run the mod use the scroll-tab located in the setup screen before you run the game. By default it's selected as "Native", but once you've placed new folders in the module folder, they should be able for selection here.

Edit: Wrote some missing information in case I redirect people here.

Back
Top Bottom