Custom banners for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Armagan said that the choice about accepting custom banners will be given to the server side.
I guess the custom eraldies limit will be one of the server options, or at least, i hope :smile:

Yes, I counted, the number available for multiplayer at least is 120. There are 7 screens with 16 banners each, and one with 8, so that adds up to 120. That is the absolute maximum number for multiplayer banners at the moment.

Custom banners should be in .png format preferably, since .jpg damages quality. And the best way to make sure it fits nicely is to have a reference image, but I don't have one of those. At least, not a very concrete one, I just use my previous creations to measure things.

Oh so to use new designs you have to replace the old ones?  If you do so, and someone picks a banner that lies in the same slot as the one you have (but they have the old set), will it show up as the default banner, or the one that's currently lying in that slot on your side?

SteveO said:
Oh so to use new designs you have to replace the old ones?  If you do so, and someone picks a banner that lies in the same slot as the one you have (but they have the old set), will it show up as the default banner, or the one that's currently lying in that slot on your side?
Yep, you hit the nail on the head. The people who don't have the pack see the one that was there before the pack, since the file isn't server-based.

If you haven't already might I suggest making a quick tutorial on how to create a custom .dds for clans themselves? This way if the 120 is ever filled up someone else can simply make their own and replace one of the previous banners in the .dds with their own.

Timothy the Knight said:
When the quota of 120 is reached, no new custom banners can be included in the current system, due to the fact that they are hard-coded. That sucks, but my hands are tied until the devs implement a new system that can handle a limitless number of customs.
Hard coded? Hardly. Just duplicate all the required models from some existing banners, add what you need in map_icons, presentations etc and set the number of banner pages up by one. When (or if) the limit is reached, PM me and I can walk you through it if'n you need. Of course, everyone else would have to update their text files as well, but meh.

Anyways, I'd like this'un to meself:
cleeseybannery.jpg

Put that in your pack over whichever image you want, Tim.
And if I can have more than one banner, (since I have more than one profile) I really like this one: (Lizard Man made it, but it was made for my mod and is now in an OSP pack, so...)
67086856.jpg

Also, if anyone wants, they can look through The Banner Thread from my mod's sub-board and if you see something you like, PM whoever posted it and ask permissions to use. The stuff is pretty much all viking-oriented, so Nords could put more use to it. There are some others that are a little more fun too, though, as well as some very beautiful stuff.

11049841.jpg
53066958.jpg
2zz0qrp.jpg
143evbq.jpg

These banners were done by Lizard_Man and Jabrowny

Updated. New banners:

Einhärjar clan
Praetorian clan
COglory personal
Reilnur personal
Ruthven personal

I'm keeping a "one per customer" policy. You can ask me to change it of course.

Think you could add in the custom banner you actually just graciously made for me? Until the pack is filled with clan related ones anyways.

edwardwellcraftrequest.png

timothy, could you put a version for the banners_a file in main post or something so we could see other awesome banners.

You mean none of you thought of this sooner...?

What about players who don't have the banner pack, pick a banner that shares the same spot with a clan banner, and then unwittingly have the clan banner displayed for those who have the modified .dds?

Do we just tell them they can't use that banner because it's a clan banner? You might look at someone and think "oh, he's in such-n-such clan, he's really good" and then run away from Hi_Im_New because he just happened to pick the 'wrong' banner.

As I've said, this system ain't perfect. There will be confusion and accidental misindentifications, but there isn't much we can do about it now. Some people will tell new guys off because of their mistake, of course, we can't change that. But I recommend that we either ignore such or politely inquire as to whether they know about the banner they carry or not.

Best to hope a more sensible system is implemented soon.

Timothy the Knight said:
What do you mean, exactly? A viewable version of the .dds?

No i mean like every time you update it you add + 0.01 so like now it'd be like 0.05 then next time you add a banner to it and upload it it's 0.06. You would add this number next to the download link in the main post

Orion said:
You mean none of you thought of this sooner...?

What about players who don't have the banner pack, pick a banner that shares the same spot with a clan banner, and then unwittingly have the clan banner displayed for those who have the modified .dds?

Do we just tell them they can't use that banner because it's a clan banner? You might look at someone and think "oh, he's in such-n-such clan, he's really good" and then run away from Hi_Im_New because he just happened to pick the 'wrong' banner.

lol

Kudos to Timothy for taking the initiative, I just wish there was a better way to do this.

Oh, and the nK banner needs more of Marnid's face on it. How about Marnid's face in a glorious sunburst.

We all know how awesome that would be.

I'd carry it into battle all the time.

Back
Top Bottom