Author Topic: Custom banners for Warband  (Read 154512 times)

Timothy the Knight

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
  • With grim determination.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Timothy_the_Knight
  • M&BWB
Custom banners for Warband
« on: November 06, 2009, 10:21:11 PM »
Download Right Here.

Oi, here are some other threads you ought to visit as well:
In-game banner editor suggestion. A petition to increase banner limit.

Under this spoiler is some old, outdated info. I'm keeping it here for posterity's sake, but will no longer update it.
(click to show/hide)

Installing the pack is easy. Just go to your Warband installation folder (example: C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband) and find a folder called "Textures." Copy-paste the .dds files into it, overwrite the old ones (you might want to make backups of them, just in case). Then just fire up the game, and the custom banners should be in.

Also, for those interested, I've made a tutorial on how to make a banner. Sure, there's several out there, but I figured I might as well make my own, as I use a slightly unorthodox method. Here it lies. Of course, you can always ask me to make one if you're not up to it.

New, bigger templates right here.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 10:16:38 PM by Timothy the Knight »

Styo

• Sergeant Knight
    • Steam - Styo3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Styo
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
Re: Custom banners for Warband
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 10:38:40 PM »
Now couples things.

1) For example our "Banner" changed...wouldnt everyone need to download an upgrade the file again? After you impliment it into the file.
2) New banners that come out wouldnt we also have to re download the file, to get all of the new ones?
Ugly Since .500

Kleidophoros

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: CoR_Kleid_of_Veluca
  • M&BWB
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 10:41:33 PM »
Now couples things.

1) For example our "Banner" changed...wouldnt everyone need to download an upgrade the file again? After you impliment it into the file.
2) New banners that come out wouldnt we also have to re download the file, to get all of the new ones?
yes
yes
you need to download everytime a banner added to see new ones.
or wait for the final version.

Timothy the Knight

• View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 10:45:08 PM »
Yes, a lot of manual work has to be done to update it. Shitty, I know, but that's the best we can get 'till the devs implement a better system. So just roll with it.

Clans will get their banners in no matter what, individuals will get them on a "first come, first serve" basis. Fastest requests get in.

Larken

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Wibbler
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 11:13:45 PM »
What's the procedure for requesting a personal banner? I'd love to get one of my own implemented into your mod thanks  :D. Quick question though, are you reviewing the banners to make sure they fit in with the theme of the game? If there were more banners flying about for different clans/squads and such I think it'd be great, but not if said squad is charging at me with a bunch of shields that have "1337 LANCERS 4 LIFE" scrawled on em...

Timothy the Knight

• View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 11:18:32 PM »
The preferred system would be a PM directed at me, or a post in this thread. And yes, of course I inspect the quality of all this so you won't see giant dicks, boobs or shitty banners in the pack. I'm not really opposed to it being non-medieval, though, just as long as it's good-looking.

Tercero

• Sergeant Knight
  • not a girl... lol!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: CoR_Tercero
  • M&BWB
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 11:19:47 PM »
id say, it would be better if this would be only filled by clan banners...

CtrlAltDe1337

• Sergeant Knight
  • Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: nK_CtrlAltDe1337
  • M&BWB
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 11:20:20 PM »
So can people view the banners ingame who haven't downloaded the banner pack?  And if not, what will happen?  Will they just see the default one?

And I agree, there needs to be an oversight system with the banners to keep it with the theme of the game.

Tercero

• Sergeant Knight
  • not a girl... lol!
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: CoR_Tercero
  • M&BWB
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 11:21:08 PM »
So can people view the banners ingame who haven't downloaded the banner pack?  And if not, what will happen?  Will they just see the default one?

And I agree, there needs to be an oversight system with the banners to keep it with the theme of the game.
no, yes

Reilnur

• View Profile
  • MP nick: Reilnur_the_[descriptor]
  • M&BWB
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 11:21:52 PM »
Well, this isn't for a clan, but I'd still like to use it in Warband. I don't have a picture, only a description of the heraldry: an argent field with a sejant lion in sable, with an or crown, surrounded by three gules fleur de lis.

And Tercero, there are still one-hundred-and-twelve spots to fill. There aren't that many clans, at the moment.
Quote from: On Fantasy Authors
The Ironschtarff: I don't expect them to look like Terry Goodkind.
The Ironschtarff: If you were to stick that dude into the Animus, one would relive the lives of several medieval Celtic rapists.

Wild Bill Kelso

• Knight
    • View Profile
    • My forum RPG at twcenter.net
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: John_The_Vagrant
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 11:22:01 PM »
Congratulations Timothy the Knight, You are a demi-god in the Warband world :D Thank you so much for your clan banners!

Gule

• Sergeant Knight
  • "Sverige, hugget i granit!"
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 11:25:22 PM »
The Einhärjar clan will surely be wanting its own banner sometime in the future, in the meantime, keep up the good work!

Timothy the Knight

• View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 11:31:59 PM »
People who don't have the pack installed won't see custom one, just the native banners.

And don't count on quality control if this goes so that anyone can put their banner into the game. Right now I can regulate just because I need to make a compilation of all the banners into one big file, but if one could just upload a single image into the server, you'd need to have an insane amount of people checking that no naughty stuff get through. And even then sometimes something might slip through.

Clan banner requests get first priority. If the quota is full and a new clan comes through with a request, one of the personal banners goes. And nobody is enforcing everyone to play by the "only those entitled to can use them" rule. It's just that it's sort of an unwritten code of conduct that everyone sticks to their own banner.

And thank you for all the praise and kind words. I'm but a humble serveant, but it is nice to be acknowledged.

COGlory

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 11:36:14 PM »
Thanks!  Could you add mine to the list, (if it's not already) for the personal?  I may be using it for a clan, but I'm not sure.

JabdiMelborn

• Language Moderator
    • Skype - jab_di_melborn
    • Steam - jabdimelborn
    • Twitter - jabdimelborn
    • Twitch.tv - jabdimelborn
    • YouTube - jabdimelborn
    • View Profile
    • Clan L'ARMATA BRANCALEONE
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: AB_Jab aka "Wasted Meat"
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 11:44:18 PM »
...Hi Timothy, if you haven't put our banner of "Armata Brancaleone" on the "Banner Pack" please do it....

ciauz^^,
Jab
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 11:48:29 PM by JabdiMelborn »
(click to show/hide)

@Jabdimelborn