The Wastelander mod [ download now ready] 5/12/09

Users who are viewing this thread

Lol the first few pics of the "Robots" look like terminator but like the body from a zombie mod lol cool loooking mod

Well I played through for quite a while.  I eventually found the coalition commando's and quickly came to the realization that they be awesome.  Heavy armor awesome guns.  Only downside to them is they do approximately 0 damage in melee but that is to be expected for balance.  They really only have the road warriors to fear.  I swear every time I fight purple they find a way to start running down my commandos.  I found the three juicers as well.  They are pretty handy to have.  They keep up pretty well when I run off skirmishing with forward elements of enemy armies.  You've done a good job of balancing all the factions.  The robot armies are probably the most balanced force.  I like those hoverboards.  And the robots are beastly in melee with the electrorods.  The demon armies did seem a little bit underpowered though.  I wiped out an entire castle with fifty commando's almost entirely by shooting.  It was fun but I could see myself wiping out the faction singlehandedly pretty easily.  Maybe add demon archers who fire really big arrows that can wipe out a troop in one hit?  The mechs need a little more love though.  They seem only a little tougher than a regular melee troop and they are so tall that their horizontal swings miss 80% of the time.  In my mod I restricted all the weapons of bigger troops to downward slashes only.  It makes them more efficient against most troops that way.  I had to create a new animation set in header_items.  I just added these two entries below the other itc entries.  Then I used them for all the weapons that double size troops use.  Stabs seem to work better than horizontal slashes so maybe those could stay as part of the animation set for mech swords.  I also never noticed any of the really big demons in the hell armies.  It would be cool to see a few of them.

itc_giant_sword = itcf_overswing_onehanded|itcf_thrust_onehanded
itc_giant_club = itcf_overswing_twohanded
itc_small_giant_club = itcf_overswing_onehanded 

But all in all the mod is really fun.  The weapons seem to fire at a good rate and you really have to watch yourself on the battlefield.  A couple shots and you could be down.  Props for making the battle not end when you die.  It is entirely necessary in a mod like this where getting gunned down can happen quickly.

Thanks Berserker Pride for the review of my mod it is much appreciated ,
the demon faction was a bit of a rush job , I must admit . :smile:
now changed bone eater weapons to claws which do 60 damage.

and been trying to implement magic to the game using the old Curtain of Fire mod but with little success all I get is an error which says " get object failed for asplode"  ? this has baffled me totally.

will change the itc for mech weapons thanks for the tip .
and add a little more armour value to the mechs also.

thanks again Berserker Pride  :wink:

Thanks for the post and sorry for a late reply .
I will restart doing this mod some time when I get time , but at the moment my other mod warsword is taking a lot of time up .

Glad you enjoyed the mod

Del

Del, you are a bit of an unrecognised genius i think! Both wastelander and warsword are both amazing mods, which are really good fun to play. Have you got any sigs? I'd happily have one :smile:

Edit: spelling

nice mod but ill like it more if it had better vehicle texture. i have a problem about the axe of hell. it dont have swing actions or anything. not much of a problem though i used item editor to give it swinging skills

Hi all
I keep meaning to restart this mod and improve it and iron out all the little bugs , but all my modding time seams to go on the warsword mod .
So hopefully once the next release of that mod comes out , whenever that is I might have time  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom