Sig-Worthy Quotes MKII

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, what I put in that thread only ended up in that thread and not in my siggy because I'm too damn lazy and don't want to waste my precious limited tubertube times on changing that ****.

Tom's point was the original purpose of the thread was things you'd put in your sig but can't quite be arsed to replace it.

And that towards the end anything that was said with the slightest hint of humour was piled in there which no one would have in their sig, therefore what's the point of it when there's a "what made you laugh" thread.

One could argue that sig-worthy quotes is for things said on this forum and what made you laugh for other funny things (that don't fit in funny pics and vids either.)

'sides, lots of people can't be arsed to replace or change their siggy or they think something IS sig-worthy but doesn't quite override any previous signaturations.

Then we are in agreeance. No need to get so pissy as you said that just after me saying that I couldn't be arsed to change mine.  :neutral:

I was, however, trying to point out that there wasn't anything wrong with the first incarnation of the thread as people were still doing what they were supposed to do in the damn thread!

No, they weren't. A lot of people were just posting anything that could be construed as some sort of humour.

Like Tom Mic said, "These are the elites, the top of the top, the grenadier guards of wit, stupidity, humour etc."

AWdeV said:
Then we are in agreeance. No need to get so pissy as you said that just after me saying that I couldn't be arsed to change mine.  :neutral:

I was, however, trying to point out that there wasn't anything wrong with the first incarnation of the thread as people were still doing what they were supposed to do in the damn thread!
There was definitely something wrong with it. Compare the beginning of the thread, in the quality of quotes and the frequency in which they were posted, to the end of the thread. The quality drops, and the frequency increases - occasional golden nuggets to great hunks of fools gold. People would post merely what they found humorous, but even if I wouldn't have had the same reaction, sig-worthy quotes transcend opinion in the main.

This doyle, ComingWinter, implies that it is a matter of my own opinion, but can that hold true when for the first half of that thread, I was satisfied, and enjoyed each post, where by the end, I saw such little worth that I unceremoniously locked the thread and created this?

For the most part, people miss the point of 'sig-worthy'. If you can't be bothered to put it in your signature, it's not signature worthy, and that's the end of it.

Yes, I'd say it's for a great part a matter of opinion. You started the first incarnation a year ago. Your tastes may have changed.  :lol: Not to mention different people having different tastes. Slightly beside my point though; do you really think uninspired drivel like Naridill saying "Pretty much half of Aryndil's posts were worthy of the siggings." is actually funny or sig-worthy? Or that saying "Nearly every post Volke wrote" is in any way in accordance with the purpose of the thread? Have you even looked at those pages lately or are you sustaining yourself on nostalgia, longing back to ye olden days.  :lol:

I'm going on my feelings from the beginnings and the end of that thread, and kekeke aside my point stands that it had gone way downhill. The best way to make that point I thought would be to remake the one thread to rule them all, on account of it being ****.

Don't like it? Suck my ****. Like it? Suck my ****. So-so? Harder!

Edit: I just went and looked at a few pages in the first third of Sig-Worthy Quotes, in case I was indeed blinded by some kind of nostalgia, but there are some right zingers early on! To hell with your theory.

Umm... Is anyone going to post anything funny, or is this going to be a ten-page long argument?  :cry:

Locke said:
Swadius said:
Locke said:
Folthrik said:
Why start a new one when the other one isn't locked? The other one is functioning fine IMHO.
I locked it beforehand, piss-eyes. And no it isn't functioning fine, because people are posting merely funnies, not things they actually want to sig.

I demand from you and explanation as to what differentiates an amusing post from a sig-worthy one!

It's quite simple.

Sig worthy is something you'd put in your signature, but just can't be arsed. These are the elites, the top of the top, the grenadier guards of wit, stupidity, humour etc.

Merely slightly funny quotes belong in what made you laugh, Sig-worthy Quotes was terrible, I hadn't read it for pages because it was really mediocre jokes not worth the time.

That's not a very good explanation, nor a good description if you want to keep this thread from becoming the other. What if I think that every post is worthy of being quoted? How can you exercise quality control with such lax and interpretive terms? You can't expect people to automatically know what meets you standards and what doesn't without at least telling them in depth and at length.

Iight. Locke needs to stop rubbing his e-peen and Mic needs to stop sucking it.

The other thread was fine. And if we raise the standards now, that means I'm going to have to try harder to be funny.

Back
Top Bottom