SP Native Mod Speed&Stability for v.1.011 (NEW VERS 1.0.3 RELEASED )

Users who are viewing this thread

MAXHARDMAN

Knight
Mod    Speed&Stability 1.0    for v.1.011

Author: MAXHARDMAN.

- improve Native game speed and stability.
- fix or reduce number RGL error’s with vertex buffer memory.
- include improved version my “RGL Error – Missiles Fix”.
- if you don’t need speed , you may increase units number.

Mount&Blade used LODs (Level Of Detail) system for improve game performance but unfortunately not all models have LODs .
I make LODs for all other models in game ( more then 300 ) .

Same gamers ( and I too ) have RGL error’s with vertex buffer memory.
Then on screen to many objects with high polygons, video card don’t enough video memory , reduce number polygons fix this problem .

Mod may not really help if you use other mod with many new items and textures.
For sorry most modders not make LODs for his mods .
But mod anyway increase Speed & Stability.

Make better compatibility with other mods . Must work now with most mods ,
but you need first install Speed&Stability and after another mods.
Remake horses LODs .
Add throwing rock model with LOD.
Fix boots bug.
Remake plate armour LOD.
Fix few minor bugs.

INSTALLATION : run Speed_and_Stability.exe and choose <Mount&Blade v1.11> folder.

UNINSTALLATION : run S&S_Uninstall.exe and choose <Mount&Blade v1.11> folder.

LINK : http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1545

About effectiveness my mod :
I use program 3DAnalyzer to log parameters in game , so I must say PPS ( polygons per second ) drop in 2-3 time ! I test in open field ( quick battle 4 ) with 400 units ( 240 horseman ) In Native PPS was from 6-10 Mln polygons , after I install S&S PPS drop down to 3-5 Mln polygons ! :grin:

When an item is far from you a lower detailed model is used to *ease up on performance*

*I don't really know what the phrase means but what the heck. I bet a GN will correct me if I'm wrong.

Lord Leoric of Wercheg said:
When an item is far from you a lower detailed model is used to *ease up on performance*

*I don't really know what the phrase means but what the heck. I bet a GN will correct me if I'm wrong.

oic well i can offered the high lod i should be ok thanks for telling me

thanks great work though my friend needed it ^^

LOD = Level of Detail
You create several versions of a mesh:
The one with highest detail is displayed/rendered at very close distance the next version has lower detail (less polygons) and is displayed if it further away from you so the engine doesn´t have to render that much polygons (details which you wouldn´t see anyways).

0-10m LOD1 high detail (e.g. 1000 polygons)
11-30m LOD2 lower detail (e.g. 800 polygons)
31-100m LOD3 even lower detail (e.g. 400 polygons)
etc.

Edit: ninja´d...

For same reasons ( I think because sign “&” ) when you before try download Speed&Stability_1.0.exe you have file Speed without “.exe” , so you may rename file to Speed.exe and install mod , or reupload fixen name file SpeedStability_1_0.exe
Sorry about that, I must test it self, just upload file last night in 2 am  :roll:

Adorno said:
You made 300 LODs?  :eek:
So it's more stable and have better performance. Who doesn't want that  :smile:
Yes about 300 , its not so difficult , because most them don’t need make handle .  I think make tutorial for modders for they use my experience .  :wink:

Bommel said:
LOD = Level of Detail
Good explanation , for me very hard write big text to English . :roll:

Wu-long said:
Adorno said:
So it's more stable and have better performance. Who doesn't want that  :smile:
wait so you're confirming it?
No, I was just summing up what it did, but I plan to try it out and see if the Hardman speaketh the truth  :smile:

EDIT: Tested it out in native and it really does seem to improve performance, both on battlefield and in sieges.

New version 1.0.01
Make better compatibility with other mods . Must work now with all mods , but you need first install Speed&Stability and after another mods.

Yes , you need uninstall S&S , and next reinstall new version and other mods  :roll: Sorry for this , but I cant test it for all mods , but now I make it more compatibility with other mods ( even they use same files )

omg lol i luv u for making this lol...my pc likes to die when playing this and it really gets annoying

tytyty

oh but how do i add it to current mods? like im content with using fire arrow and enhanced native atm

pm me to respond cuz i might not be back on here for afew days

ty ty :grin:

This is a great mod! 'Grats to MAXHARDMAN!

Only I get a strange error when I try to make a new game/load save in native or any mods.

"RGL ERROR! Get_object failed to load skel_giant"

The only one that works is Revenge of the Beserk.

For me, that is.

@ Alec
Go to this post and grab the file in the link BP posted. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,81529.0.html
Read through that post and it will explain what you need to do.  It should fix it right up  :wink:

Thank you MAX for doing this and sharing it with everyone.

Gerhart said:
@ Alec
Go to this post and grab the file in the link BP posted. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,81529.0.html
Read through that post and it will explain what you need to do.  It should fix it right up  :wink:

Thank you MAX for doing this and sharing it with everyone.

Danke.

works great with Fire Arrow too, just like in a menu it overlaps the words but the gameplay is good and like everything else

ty tons

Back
Top Bottom