Xenon 2112 version 0.21alpha (Fire Arrow 0.74 + Star Wars: Conquest 8.0, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Limehill

Sergeant
  After playing Fire Arrow, I realized the interaction was so ridiculously more in-depth that I really couldn't go back and play any other mod. 
But, I really loved Star Wars: Calradia, so instead of begging and waiting, I decided to make my own combo version: Xenon 2112

DOWNLOAD

Patch Xenon 2112 0.23

Main Features  

****All the awesome Fire Arrow features in a Star Wars based sci-fi setting.**** 
(See Fire Arrow main thread for more info http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57911.0.html)

1. Advanced Ship-to-Ship Boarding Combat specific to the enemy’s ship and yours.
        (AI-mapped intricate ships)

2. Wide range of conventional, and high-tech weapons, including revolvers, semi-automatic pistols, laser guns, particle blasters, bazookas, thermal detonators, and light sabers (Explosion scripts are my evolution of Rucchi's Fire Arrow Script).
  - ("Conventional" and "Vibro" weapons can be purchased in stores according to Xenonite Gun Control Laws. High tech blasters and armor are only purchasible through special black market dealers in the taverns.)

3. Nearly 500 new weapons, clothes, and armor from the all the top mods.
- (Rebalanced for more realistic combat experience, i.e. one direct hit without armor and you die.)

4. 30 New Companions and 40 new people to meet at the bars (I'll add stories when Fire Arrow 0.75 comes out).

5. Star Wars scenery: all towns have new and colorful Star Wars scenery (HokieBT).

6.  Troops fight on after you fall.

7. You can attack either side when you encounter a battle even if you are not at war. 
    - (Good way to pick up free booty).

8. Arena Combat revamped (smaller teams)

Minor Tweaks
1. Added tavernkeeper option to improve morale of your troops: buy troop drinks.

3. Building seige towers doesn’t take so long

4. Increased chance of capturing generals after battles (70%)

5. Lowered escape chance of captured prisoners
(in party = 30%, in castle/town = 15%, in prison = 3%)

7. Gave merchants more money to buy stuff from you

8. Disabled companion complaints

9. Made windmills give a 3% bonus every 2 weeks.

10. Reduced village improve times 

11.School improves relation by 1 every 2 weeks

12. You are safe from attack while resting in your manor.

13. You don’t fail quest “Deal with Troublesome Bandits” if others kill them for you.

14. Improved some of the dialogues and menus.

15. Rebalanced skills:
                  (Charisma affects persuasion; Intelligence affects looting and ballistic weapons; Agility enhances skill at throwing knives.)

Factions

1. Xenonite Empire: (Clone Wars) Began through a coalition of nations on Earth led by the charismatic tribal warlord Xenon, the Xenonite Empire has successfully terraformed and founded a colony on the Planet Mars.  As his deputy, Satrap Armagon has been tasked with maintaining the hegemony of his native master, but the adventurous colonists he attracted are too restless to content themselves with paying taxes and maintaining the status quo.

2. Venetian Republic: (Renaissance Italy) Once a small colonial merchant town, Venice has grown into a flourishing Republic through the unrelenting cleverness and expansionist policies of Doge Jubal.

3. Rebel Alliance: (USA) Seeing that Xenon and his descendants have limited Mars Colony to a token of power, Hokie BT has fomented uprisings in nearly every corner of the

4. Rucchi Domains: (Feudal Japan) A rag tag band of warriors led by the mysterious Rucchi Overlord has invaded Mars Colony.  Will their advanced weaponry blow the other colonial powers away?

5. Peloponnesian League: (Ancient Greece) A group of Greek colonist have elected King Lynores to restore the former glories of Greek culture and civilization.  They combine ancient aesthetics with advanced technology to become a force to be reckoned with. 

Gameplay

Just a few notes about Gameplay before you begin:

HARDER STARTING BLOCK

* Starting off will be a little difficult. You have no weapons other than a stick you picked up off the ground and little money.  If you are lucky you can find some free companions and cheap weapons to start you out.  Also if you can hire two or three mercenaries they can usually take on a small compliment of troops.  Otherwise do a few quests to make money.

SHIP COMBAT

* When you are attacked, you can take up a defensive stance.  The accuracy penalties for shooting while running will work to your advantage.

PIERCE, BLUNT AND CUT DAMAGE

* In this game the type of damage your weapon does makes a big difference:

* "Vibro" weapons and "Laser" weapons (light sabers, blasters, etc) are able to pierce armor the best.  Many troops have "bullet proof armor" which means you won't be able to do much damage to them with conventional weapons.

* Blunt weapons are more effective, especially against soft armors like hypocarbon.  Bludgeoning your opponent will be easier than slashing them with conventional weapons that give "cut" damage.

RANGED WEAPONS

* Civilian rifles are the most accurate weapon, followed by hand guns.  This is because they go as straight as the barrel tells them.  However, most armor is able to resist.  These will be the only weapons you can purchase at first.  Trying aiming for the head or legs.

* Blasters and pistols are fairly inaccurate because they project highly destructive unstable matter particles.  They are able to tear through armor.

* The game "promotes" shooting skill quickly.  So at first you will be shooting wildly.  Eventually you will develop enough skill to aim with some degree of accuracy.  More expensive weapons tend to have higher accuracy.

* RPG's, Bazookas, Guided Missles and Thermal Detonators explode and do area damage and pierce armor ONLY IF THEY ARE ARMED. By default they are armed (and will initialize the first time you enter battle - sorry for the loud 'boom').  Use the "Fire Arrow Options" menu to make sure they are on.  The square area of shrapnel damage is fairly limited (1.5 meters).  If you position yourself well, you can take down a much larger army with these weapons.  However, more accurate Rocket Launchers require high intelligence and a lot of training to use correctly.  They can only be purchase through black market Weapons Contractors.

FRONTAL ASSAULTS

* When attacking most ships, YOU CANNOT JUST ORDER YOUR TROOPS TO CHARGE!!! They will get trapped and mowed down.  You have to lead them around the enemies rear.

Screenshots

Credits:

First and foremost credit goes to Rucchi for completely renovating the game. 
The scripting for most features and tweaks are mine unless otherwise indicated.
I also borrowed ideas and items from other mods:

Star Wars: Conquest
HokieBT - scripting, textures, scene editing, sound effects
TakiJap - models, textures
Vector Dalon - models, textures, scene editing
Geroj – models, textures, scene editing
MartinF - scripting
The Happy Stormtrooper - models, textures
Barf - models, textures
HocusPocus - scripting
Obi - scripting
Tyrinius - models, textures, scene editing
Freddex - models, textures
Wookiee Padawan - models, textures
Grocat, Rory, TakiJap, Highelf and the rest of the team that created the original Star Wars mod for M&B 0.751.
Dain Ironfoot - OSP Cloaks
Elenmmare - models/textures from the Firefly mod
KON_Air - models/textures from Mount & Shotgun mod
Flanged - some models, textures, and scenes from Gangs of Glasgow mod
Loriano - weapon and ship icon models
broken_shield - weapon, ship icon, and helmet models
Jlgx50 - weapon models
Loknar - eyepiece model
kavien - scene editing
Hank - textures
Thorgils - clone weapons
daerdevil - armor textures
Sibylla - hair models and face texture
-IYI-O-R-T- - darth maul & weequay face textures
Moss - textures

Other mods
Pelopponessus      = Lynores
Southern Realms    = Jubal
Red Planet        = -IYI-O-R-T-
Age of Blackpowder = Bjorne
Prophecy of Pendor = Saxondragon
WWII:China        = WilliamBerne

Modellers
Talak
Clegane
Alan Q Smithee
Rockwell

OSP
Most of the models I borrowed from the above mods. 
These are some OSP people I think I borrowed from (just to be safe I'll give you credit even if I didn't):

Dariel
Drakharios
Dain Ironfoot
Ron Losey
James
Luigi
RR_Raptor65
The Pope
-IYI-O-R-T-
If OSP items snuck into my mod through another mod and your identity got lost in the shuffle, I want to give you credit.  Please PM me and I will add your name to the list.

(Finally, I read posts in "The Forge" by Kto, TheMageLord, and HokieBT to help me figure out some of the scripting)

To Do:

1. Wait for Fire Arrow 0.75 release and port it.
2. Add new dialogues for my characters.
3. Exterminate bugs.
4. Add factions and fill up map with cool stuff (borrowing from Jubal when he releases his code)
5. Possibly more ship scenes (especially if Geroj doesn't mind me incorporating his forthcoming stuff)
6. I want to add a camp, rest, sleep routine that requires you to sleep through the night.  If not your troops lose moral.
7. Whatever people suggest (see Wish List).

What's new in Xenon 2112...

All the features listed in the "Main Features" spoiler and the "Minor tweaks" spoiler are my own additions to Fire Arrow. 

The primary feature that you can't get anywhere else is the ship-to-ship boarding combat.  I know Geroj is working on something similar for SWC but it's not available yet to my knowledge.

When you attack an enemy party, your ship "boards" it, by blasting a hole or docking with it (automatically - maybe in the future I can rig Mirathei's naval combat).  When you get attacked by another party, their ship "boards" yours by blasting a hole or docking.  If you board another ship, then the enemy takes up a defensive position and it is very difficult to kill them.  If they attack you, you can pick a defensive position before they reach you, and it is easier to defeat them. 

Sometimes, the AI gets a little funky on the ship, and your men or the opponent crams into a corner.  This is because of the script that keeps armies together at the beginning of larger land battles.  It is an exploitable glitch in that you can scope out the area and pick off some enemy troops until they decide to attack.

It's ready for first releaste.  I'm just waiting for confirmation from the file repository, since this is my first post.

Yes, both teams gave the all clear and are happy to see their work expand in new directions. 

I also gave homage to Rucchi and HokieBT and the Star Wars team within the mod for all their hard work and generosity in sharing it.

Unable to open texture file textures\pop_bill.dds and cutlass_scaba.dds

I copied a texture file and rename these file. and then I could play it.
Some Scenes is difficult to charge. My soldier was stuck in front of the wall enemy defend.(I have never played star wars conquest. Perhaps maybe you didn't make this scene.)

Ok, sorry about the mess up.  I accidentally put those textures in my main texture file, so it didn't make it into the mod.

I uploaded a new version "Xenon 2112 ver. 0.21".

DOWNLOAD

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1544

For now, if anyone has already downloaded Version 0.2 and doesn't want to download the whole thing over again, just copy "weapons1_scaba.dds" and paste it twice in the same file.  This file is found in:

Mount&Blade\Modules\Xenon 2112\Textures

Then rename "weapons1_scaba - Copy.dds" :

cutlass_scaba.dds

and rename "weapons1_scaba - Copy (2).dds" :

pop_bill.dds

This will allow you to run the game.

I accidentally put these two files in my main texture directory.  For some reason BRF edit has trouble on my computer borrowing files from other BRF's, so I've had to paste several copies of the same texture into the game to make it work for me.  I will try to streamline better in the next version.

Note on frontal assaults

Also, there are a few scenes where the enemy takes up a defensive position (when attacking gypsies, ikwasne raiders, smugglers and Rucchi warriors), so you cannot order a frontal assault or your troops will get mowed down.  You have to lead them around the rear.  This gives you an opportunity to pick off some soldiers if you are a good shot. 

I rigged it by setting the AI mesh so that the computer thinks that those walls are passible.  That way the enemy stays there and waits for you to attack.  Once you go around to their rear, then they will recalculate their path and find you.

any chance You could upload it elsewhere ?? downloading with 3.2 kb per seconds isn't fun too watch.  :mrgreen: what is wrong with repository ?? why has it become so slow lately ??

You're right.  It took 5 or 6 hours to upload.  That can be a little frustrating.  I'll look around for other hosting sites.  If you have any suggestions let me know.

Limehill said:
You're right.  It took 5 or 6 hours to upload.  That can be a little frustrating.  I'll look around for other hosting sites.  If you have any suggestions let me know.

www.mediafire.com
www.rapidshare.com
www.megaupload.com

Go ahead! These are all well-trusted sites you can upload to, and also take it down from. The bad thing for rapidshare is that the file gets taken down after 10 downloads. Most likely I would recommend megaupload.

1) OK, Bug fixed with the patch/modders kit:

Patch Xenon 2112 0.23

2) I hope to make a few more improvements before waiting the 35 hours to get the Megaupload going.  It downloads fast, but the upload time is obnoxious.

hi just to let you know it doesn't work i get to the load up screen and then it stops and then closes down

i keep getting unable to open textures/ world_map.dll i searched in textures couldn't find it anywhere

Hi Shadowarcher,

You are referring to "world_map.dds" file which is included in both mine and Rucchi's original Fire Arrow download.  Your computer must have had problems downloading or unpacking it. 

1) The first thing you should try is looking in your original zipped download to see if it is in there.  If it is, just copy and paste it into the module\textures folder (the computer will unzip it automatically).

2)  If that doesn't work and you have Rucchi's original Fire Arrow already downloaded, you can just copy it from his texture file and drop it in mine. 

3) Otherwise you can take any .dds file and copy it then rename it world_map.dds (this will mess up your world map feature, but at least the game will work).

I know how annoying it is to spend all that time downloading and have something not work.  After awhile, troubleshooting will become second nature:smile:

Have fun!
    Limehill

Limehill said:
Hi Shadowarcher,

You are referring to "world_map.dds" file which is included in both mine and Rucchi's original Fire Arrow download.  Your computer must have had problems downloading or unpacking it. 

1) The first thing you should try is looking in your original zipped download to see if it is in there.  If it is, just copy and paste it into the module\textures folder (the computer will unzip it automatically).

2)  If that doesn't work and you have Rucchi's original Fire Arrow already downloaded, you can just copy it from his texture file and drop it in mine. 

3) Otherwise you can take any .dds file and copy it then rename it world_map.dds (this will mess up your world map feature, but at least the game will work).

I know how annoying it is to spend all that time downloading and have something not work.  After awhile, troubleshooting will become second nature:smile:

Have fun!
    Limehill
thank you so much it worked :grin:

Limehill said:
Hi Shadowarcher,

Have fun!
    Limehill
wait i though it did i got a bunch of RGL errors but i fixed them but now im getting unable to open texture\sw_armor1.dds can't find it anywhere

im sorry but im gonna have to delete it i ended up copying the whole goddamn swc textures folder and it turned into swc i don't know if you have ever had a comment like this there is just so much missing from the textures folder and my downloader and extracter works fine have you made sure that all the right files are there when you uploded your work i guess i will never find out what your mod was like i was really looking forward to it  :sad:

i am now very happy that i can finally give feedback on your mod  :grin:
i just managed to get it to goddamn work

firstly i noticed the weaponery is a bit inaccurate i was using a vibro rifle i fired into a group of gypsies and not one of them got hit i had emptied an entire mag on them secondly when you get hit the damage is a bit to much i died after two hits

other than that small problem i enjoy creating my own faction and killing everyone while wearing clone trooper armour

overall 4/5

(i know worlds lamest review ever)

Hi Shadow Archer,

Thanks for your feed back.  I've been studying for exams for the past few months since release, and I'm taking them all week long.  Now that the end is in sight I'm gearing up for the next version - which will be renamed Xerxes.  Hopefully it will be more story focused and retain all the cool features of Fire Arrow.  I think Warband will take some time before it is able to deliver the kind of experience MB can because of the cool mods, so I'm not worried about working within the MB 1.011 system.

Have fun!
      Limehill

Back
Top Bottom