Users who are viewing this thread

dubaiboy

Master Knight
#####################
BERSERK Walkthrough
#####################
(#1)
OPEN FROM IRONLAUNCHER ONLY!!!!!!
In the Berserk module folder is an exe called Ironlaucher.  You must open the mod from the ironlaucher.exe or you won't be able to hit troops with a custom size.
OPEN FROM IRONLAUNCHER ONLY!!!!!!

1.New commands and Keys.
2.Story Walkthrough
3.Hints
4.Changes

1.Complete list of all new Commands.
#############################
Formations

Formations are on by default but you can turn off their use in the camp menu.  Also formations are only enabled for
you by assigning hero's to be unit commanders.  To do that you talk to them in the party screen and tell them
that they are being assigned a unit.  Then you go to the camp menu summon their formation and switch troops
to them.  All the keys for formation command are listed in the camp menu and are changeable.  This is also where you can
tell Ai troops to stop using formations.

Note:  It may seem at first that the ai is not attacking but if you give them a minute they will form their formations then charge. 

Special Keys

a)left_click=Dragonslayer Area Slash
This attack will hit everyone within the Dragonslayer's sword arc 180 degrees in front.  Does 60 damage.
If you are wearing the Berserker's armor and it is activated it will do 90 damage.

b)H=horse whistle
This key calls 'your' horse to your current location.  It won't call other horses.

c)Hold then release f1= command arrow
This will send your currently selected group(default is everyone) to the location of the arrow.
It is great for setting up your troops before an attack.

d)J=scan backwards through your troops viewpoint once you are dead.
This will allow you to watch the battle through the eyes of your troops

e)K=scan forwards through your troops viewpoint once you are dead.
This will allow you to watch the battle through the eyes of your troops.

f)B=Brace Spear
If you are carrying a spear capable of bracing; this command will brace your spear.  Any horse that runs
into it will take severe damage.  Your infantry will automatically do this.

#################################
2.Complete Story Walkthrough(SPOILERS)!
#################################

a)After the beginning quickbattles you will end up on the world map.  If you are playing as Gutts you
will quickly switch to an assault on Batsuzo's castle.  So get in there and kill him.  Don't let him hit you
as there is a high chance that will be game over.

b)Griffith and the Band of the Hawk will track you down. You exchange words and duel Griffith.  He should always win.
You join the Band of the Hawk, but as Griffith's raid leader you retain control of the party.

c)At 400-500 renown Griffith will talk with you about his plans for the future.  You will fight three quickbattles.

d)At 750 renown the Whale Knights(not their full name) will spawn somewhere withing Midland territory.  If
you can find and defeat them(optional) your will be shot by Adon and fall into a river.  Adon's mercenaries
will find you and you will be forced to defeat all 100 of them with just you and Casca.(CHEAT ALERT:If you hit
tab the first time you fight the battle you can simply retreat and escape.  This will only work the first time.  If you
lose and try again tabbing out will not work!

e)Somewhere before 1000 renown you should join the Kingdom of Midland in some fashion.  It doesn't matter
if you become a mercenary or a vassal, but you must have 750 renown before you can become a vassal
with anyone.

f)Once you have 1000 renown and are affiliated with Midland go talk to King Alin.  He will tell you that Tudor
is getting stronger and will ask you to conquer Doldrey.  You should accept on behalf of Griffith, and prepare your
forces.  Once you are ready go take Doldrey(it won't be easy).  Return and tell King Alin what you have done.

g)Two days will pass and Midland and Tudor will make peace.  About that time Gutts will leave Griffith and the Band of
the Hawks.

h)Gutts leaves for a year only to find that the Hawks are outlaws and Griffith has been imprisoned by Midland.
Fight through a series of quickbattles.((CHEAT ALERT:If you hit
tab the first time you fight the battle you can simply retreat and escape.  This will only work the first time.  If you
lose and try again tabbing out will not work!)

i)You end up losing the last battle and everyone, but you and Casca is killed.  Casca goes insane from
the experience. Talk to Godo to receive some awesome new equipment(Dragonslayer!).  Rickert will ask you about the
others.  Tell him the bad news.  Skull knight is waiting at the top of the cliff.  He will explain to you about
the new world you live in. You have been branded by the demons.

j)Shortly after this the Kushan will triple in strength and declare war on Midland. From here you should build up
a new band of soldiers. You will periodically get attacked by wandering undead. Defeat them for a lot of xp.
Once you have a strong party look for Farnese of the Holy See. If you defeat her she and her assistant will
join you.  Two days later the boy Isidro will join you as well.

k)Your goal from this point should be to defeat as many of the wandering undead as you can.  The next
part of the quest will happen when you defeat 40 of them.  You should also start working for a kingdom other
than Midland.

l)Once you have defeated 40 wandering undead parties Shierke will meet you.  She tells you that there may
be a way to heal Casca.  All she wants in return is to join your party.  Once she joins she will also weaken the
brand on you.  Wandering undead will still attack you, but they will appear every three days instead of every
day. Schierke will tell you to go meet with Flora her master.

l)b Flora will ask you to help her clear the village of Enoch of a troll infestation.  This will be a three battle campaign.
On the last of the three battles go down the hill and look in a hole at the base of Flora's mansion for a chest.  Inside you
will find the Berserker's Armor.  Make sure to grab the armor helmet and boots.

m)Return to Godo's Smithy and talk to Rickert.  He will release Casca to you.  She will join your party as a prisoner.
Previously if you were defeated and lost her she would disappear permanently.  Now she will find her way
back to Godo's Smithy within a week.

n)Bring Casca and Farnese to Vritanis.  Go to the tavern, talk to Roderick, and ask him about a trip to the
Western Sea.  If you have Casca as a prisoner and Farnese as a companion he will agree.
You will be dropped off in Hanafubuku's village.  Simply talk to Hanafubuku king and he will heal her.
Casca will be restored as she was before the eclipse armor and all.

o)If you leave the village you will be returned near Vritanis.  Go back to Godo's mine, talk to Rickert, and he will join you.

p) After you let Shierke join the Kushan should have attacked Midland enmass.  It won't take very long for all
of Midland's towns to be taken.  Once that happens Griffith will return with a new alliance of Midland survivors
and demons.  This is why your goal should have been to become a marshall of your favorite faction.
The Hawk's Alliance parties are very strong.  You should try to have a very strong party, and if possible, a
couple of ally parties with you.(Griffith will dominate the original factions in autocalc)

q)If you talk to Griffith he will deny any guilt over what happened.  Your last quest is to make him pay.  You
can't capture Griffith. I made him escape everytime.  So your only option is to defeat his commanders one by one.
Imprison them somewhere that is completely safe.  Once all Griffith's commanders and fortresses
are captured; he will not be able to respawn.  Either wipe out his party yourself or let someone else do it.

q2)If Griffith gets established enough to have two towns the seventh faction will invade from the West.  They are beasts of fiction and
are powerful foes.  They have the same bonus to autocalc that Griffith does.  Note:Shoot Cyclops in the head they
have no head armor.  Their body armor is so strong that your troops will do almost no damage to them.  Ogres are
rare but have powerful armor as well.  Worst of all they heal at an alarming rate so the only way to kill them is to get as many high damage units together
at once and swarm them.  Couch lancing and headshots should bring it down eventually.

r)Instead of the standard faction defeated sign coming up; you get the chance to kill Griffith yourself.  You track
him down in a random town; and you kill him.  Your last quest, Revenge, is complete.

s)From this point out your destiny is your own.  Conquer Midland yourself, retire to a life of peace, or work
for your favorite faction.

#################
A Few Tips and Tricks.
#################
You can upgrade any of five elite units to a hero by having 1 or more of them in your party for 60 consecutive days.
Because they are a hero unit you can only have one hero from each kind of elite.  It does not have to be the same
elite for 60 days you just need more than 1 of them in your party.  And it must be your party not a castle.

If you want to get a good army of some of the strongest Kushan troops wait until their Army Cores attack Midland.
This will happen after Schierke joins your party.
The first few armies will be defeated and will be captured by that town.  Once the town is weakened enough
attack it yourself.  You will be able to recruit all the prisoners in the town.  The kushan will only attack while that
town belongs to Midland so they won't attack you.

Mercenaries are improved, less expensive, and also have bigger parties.
If you need to bulk your forces in a hurry hit a few towns.

You don't have to have an all cavalry force.  Pikemen are very effective especially Midland's lancers.

Whenever you get the chance to rescue elite prisoners take it.  You can't upgrade to them with regular troops.
You can hire a small percentage of them if you control a town, but they won't be able to make up your whole force.

V0.97 Changelog

i)New quickbattles for the male and female starting choice.  Each has a unique beginning as well.  For the second last(13th battle with the hawks) remember
that Wyald can only be hit in the head and eye-chest area.(You'll understand when you see him).

ii)For the Boscogne battle you must kill Boscogne for the Black Rhino Knights to stop getting reinforcements.

iii)For the last battle you should send Skull Knight into combat immediately but tell him to dismount when
he reaches the apostles.  He will deal damage quicker that way.

a)You can no longer put Black Strugglers in your castle.  They are also loyal only to you and will only stay in your formation.  They will
not join anyone else's unit.

b)The Dragonslayer will kill your own men now when you use the powerswing. Be careful where you swing.  As long as they are behind you
they won't be hit.  Hold left-control down while swinging and you will stop doing area damage.  Useful
when fighting among your troops.

c)Insane Casca will no longer be permanently killed as a prisoner. She will find her way back to Godo's mine
after a week.

n)The Kushan will storm Midland in force once you have Schierke in your party.
The Beasts of the Interstice will attack when Griffith controls two towns.

o)Griffth and a couple others now have training skill.

adding a poll if this thing should be stikied if mostly yes i am going to make a request if no well leave it normal

A sticky for the walkthrough is a good idea.  But I think this is the .90 one.  I'll edit the .95 one I have and post and sticky it instead.

I might have forgot to include the file or edit it for the release you downloaded.  But I do have a .95 version of the walkthrough here on my comp.

EDIT: Oh nvm you do have it.  Well I'll edit it a bit and sticky it then.

Is there a way to reduce the number of undead parties I need to beat? It's become rather tedious after my fourth (hopefully glitch-free this time) play through.

Magelord might have been able to help you but I'm not that good at reading the text files.  The 40 parties really only equals 40 days.  Which isn't really that long to be wandering around as the Black Swordsman.  For 1.0 there will be three separate apostles and their henchman to hunt down and kill so this time will feel less unused.  But it is also the time for you to gather an new party.

Wait,
Reading the walkthrough, I now see you have to hold down -lft ctrl- to NOT team kill your side with multi-hit slashes because now normal attack is the multi-hit strike everyone attack? That's somewhat troublesome.

Is the elites-becoming-heroes thing for original characters only?
You'd think since Gutt's already has his own story comrades he wouldn't get them in addition, but the way it's written leaves me unsure.

He can get them too if you want.  Its only one troop so It won't unbalance anything.  And troops can die very quickly if they run into the wrong enemy.  This isn't native where buying expensive enough armor for a companion rendered them almost invincible.  And the 32 troop type limit will start to be a problem if they gather too many men.  I think of the extra five more like highly ranked hired soldiers rather than commanders anyway.

I thought there might have been problems with system limitations which is why I asked,
And companions are more wanted for thier skills than combat performance anyway (Rickhart seems pretty unfortunate in that regard now since you added Puck), And hero immortality means they can get thier asses kicked all the time and still come back for more abuse.

Don't Suppose there is a Black Struggler Promoted Hero? (just an idea to think about)
I'll probably add a Black Struggler promoted hero at some point.  But I think I want him to be more of a companion and less of a free hero.  So I would want to tie him in with Gutts decision to start gathering surviving heros into a kingdom.
-GET OUTTA MY HEAD! ARRGH!
But uh... thanks for answering my question anyway BP.

I've already reached a certain point in the quest in which the Kushans should take over Midland, but this is taking a real long time. If i conquer the remaining Midland territories does that count? I'm with the Paneria Alliance.

Which point in the quest?  By defeating the 40 undead parties and convincing Shierrke to join your group you will trigger the invasion of all midland major cities by the Kushan Army Cores.  Midland won't last long with that happening.

I've already heal Casca. And the Kushans began their invasion, and hold all of Midland's capital cities except Thein. I waited around 30 days and they won't take it. So that's why i thought about trying to speed up the process.

Hmm.  It might be that Thein has the king in it or something.  The Kushan will keep sending those 300 men army cores until they are victorious.  You are of course free to take it yourself.  And you will get a lot of high lvl Kushan prisoners that way.

Nice. I'll try it. It's their only remaining city. How long after that should Griffith take to make his return?

Back
Top Bottom