The Masterful Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Fierce Headmaster

Hi! My name is Skippy.
Count
This is the thread for you, players, to change or add something (things that are possible to do) that you want to see on the mod.

I'll begin with a quickbattle suggestion. Why not make a Zodd vs Griffith and Guts quickbattle? It occurs not in a battlefield, but as a power duel (2x1). The script fires the afterbattle text when you meet him on the field, and that looks strange to me.

I've got the start of one done, but I haven't figured out how to have a monster spawn from a wounded hero yet. Griffith and Guts fight the monster form via menu(aka Off-screen).  Once I have the monster spawning figured there will definitely be a 2 v1 Griffith and Guts versus Zodd.  But good suggestion.  Once that happens I will simply say that Zodd has escaped on the campaign map if you do defeat him.(Or make it so that you don't want to fight him ever).

here goes my first suggestion:
change the title of this thread to "The Suggestions Thread" to fit the other sticky threads' appearance :lol:

just a lil jokin here :wink: a suggestion to the mod would be: do NOT make it TOO "challeing", too hard difficulty will only make people get pissed (just as myself :smile:). im not sure about the mods current difficulty as I wasnt playing it much cause im waiting for the next version with a 10% taller Gutts, instead of 20%, but so far it looks good.
no idea how far other ppl are agreeing with me, but I think no true Berserk-fan likes Gutts dying on the battlefield :smile:

that reminds me... the only times I died so far where due to couched lance damage... it drained like 80-90% of my overall HP at around lvl 16 with ironskin lvl 5 + I had coat of plates...

Yeah the couched lance damage is killer.  I would reduce it but it is the only massive damage a non-Gutts character can deal to apostles.  But I try to keep the balance decent.  It seems to be more balanced for Gutts at the moment.  Still once apostle forms are in the formerly weak male or female character will be able to keep up with Gutts for damage.

I have a suggestion, if you don't mind.

Custom heads for the main characters of Berserk, Griffith, Casca, Serpico and so on. I know that this might sound hard, but you could include these in the next future versions.

I'll see what can be done.  Outside of helmets for heads ,which would work but restricts what you can do with your npcs, still even if that was the only solution it would work.  I'd like to get a white hair option for griffith.  What would work is possibly custom face textures for members of the band of the hawk.  But I'd like to improve the faces too.

Suggestion: Allow player to find a second Dragonslayer...So I can give it to Puck (haha he's got the strength for it, currently have him using the 5-foot sword, why god why can such a little pixie wave such things about?)

More seriously, I remember you talking about the original characters, and the thought of having a story split in which they refuse to become an Apostle. Even if it would result in a living hell for the poor sod trying to survive from then on it would be an interesting choice to have and if it has some fleshed out plot (or possibly some help from old boney as you mentioned) it could be an interesting source of replayability as an alternate route.
That's assuming you have the time to add yet another route with all this stuff you're doing.

The becoming an apostle or declining would be more or less be the end of the quest.  From then on you would either conquer the world.  Or try to survive as Griffith and the Beasts of the Interstice fight over it.  Also I am sure some people want to go the honorable route and not sacrifice their two best commanders.  But for sure that would make your life difficult.  Others would have no problem losing the npcs and becoming apostles.  I need to code restrictions to weapons for races like Puck.  Maybe I'll make it possible for him to use the Evil Pirkaf weapons.  It would give him something to do outside of healing.

Berserker Pride said:
The becoming an apostle or declining would be more or less be the end of the quest.  From then on you would either conquer the world.  Or try to survive as Griffith and the Beasts of the Interstice fight over it.

And will Gutt's still just be an optional encounter? Him and his little band of strugglers standing about in the wilderness not doing much except waiting for you to get cocky and think "I can totally take em! Die Gu-*Cannon'd*"?
I dunno just something to think about on either path, doing something fancy involving his little group.

Or just make it so people can't give him weapons somehow.  Otherwise everyone will give him a war sword and think it is the funniest thing ever.  The evil Pirkaf weapons would be mainly so they don't give him a war sword unti l I can code a "you can't use that item" trigger.
Tournaments are a problem too.  You see this sword and shield floating over your head sometimes.

Berserker Pride said:
Or just make it so people can't give him weapons somehow.  Otherwise everyone will give him a war sword and think it is the funniest thing ever.

I gave him all of Gutt's armour as well as the Dragonslayer then dueled him.
It was rather hilarious to see, as well as somewhat disturbing.

Sorry if I post this at the wrong place, but I didn't find any better and I don't want to make a seperate topic for what I wish to say.

This is a suggestion regarding this new board:

Please, would it be possible to make a Faction topic, with the troop trees, upgrade paths, unit roles and faction strengths described ? Like:

COMMONERS
The Commoners are a lousy bunch. We recommand them for players who love to torture themselves with weak units who demand high payment. Their cavalry and infantry is mediocre, and their ranged troops are useless except in large numbers.

Peasant ->Watchman -> Caravan Guard -> Mercenary Horseman -> Mercenary Cavalry
                                                      -> Mercenary Swordsman -> Hired Blade
                              -> Mercenary Crossbowman

Peasant: sucky foot troop, but cheap. Upgrades to Watchman.
Watchman: still sucky foot troop with slightly better equipment and chance for ranged weapons. Upgrades to Caravan Guard or Mercenary Crossbowman.
Etc...

I ask for this because a lot of people (including myself) like to know what each faction has to offer, even before downloading the mod :wink:

Also, I was wondering... I know the Mercenary troops were greatly improved and all, but I'd welcome an increased number of mercenary bands who possess an identity of their own, like the Black Rams and the Blue Whales. I wouldn't mind at all if those bands weren't from the original Manga/Anime, because it's somewhat lacking in that manner anyway. These bands would be made of a single speficit troop type (gangs entirely made of heavy pikemen, horse archers etc.) who would roam the countryside, in gangs of 30-200 (depending on level and equipment), and the player could interact with them (hire them, fight them, pay them to fight someone, etc.), with a small chance that he/she will be attacked if he/she approaches them (so you go to talk but at the very beginning the guys will say that they'll simply take your gold and stuff and attack you, like Corkus wanted to do so with Guts once...). The troops who make up these gangs are high-level but are for very specific roles, so they have very obvious strengths and weaknesses. Simple, balanced, and pure fun.

MorrisB said:
Also, I was wondering... I know the Mercenary troops were greatly improved and all, but I'd welcome an increased number of mercenary bands who possess an identity of their own, like the Black Rams and the Blue Whales. I wouldn't mind at all if those bands weren't from the original Manga/Anime, because it's somewhat lacking in that manner anyway. These bands would be made of a single speficit troop type (gangs entirely made of heavy pikemen, horse archers etc.) who would roam the countryside, in gangs of 30-200 (depending on level and equipment), and the player could interact with them (hire them, fight them, pay them to fight someone, etc.), with a small chance that he/she will be attacked if he/she approaches them (so you go to talk but at the very beginning the guys will say that they'll simply take your gold and stuff and attack you, like Corkus wanted to do so with Guts once...). The troops who make up these gangs are high-level but are for very specific roles, so they have very obvious strengths and weaknesses. Simple, balanced, and pure fun.

might be hard to code or whatnot, but I support this idea!
all fear the flaming flamigo fortified fencer fussiliers of midland!

That's a really good idea.  Each faction already has their own roving mercenary bands.  Making them all unique would simply be a matter of adding more troops.

And a page for troops tree is good too.  Does anyone want to start on one?  I'll probably be able to get around to it eventually.

I meant making bands those don't belong to any faction, or can either get hired or dismissed by them... but it's good either way. I'd make the troop trees myself, but I lack the time to do so, my bad :sad:

Speaking of which... (if this idea has been suggested before, or is already an in-game feature which I haven't tried yet, ignore this, otherwise, consider it):

When Guts gets the chance to start his own kingdom, I'd be glad if he could have a "nation" of his own with its own unique troop tree, not just the Black Strugglers. A faction that includes opressed but highly talented youngsters (such as Isidoro, or children like Guts was in his younger days), living relatives/friends of people who became Apostles and can't forgive them, mercenaries personally tested and recruited by Guts, and the like. The Black Strugglers would be the jewels on Guts' crown, people who were branded like him but rescued by the Skull Knight. In terms of gameplay, Gut's faction would have lots of brutal infantry (two-handed weapons and decent armor, many have chances for throwing weapons), a small but similarly brutal cavalry arm (top-grade but badly armored horses, fine armor and two-handed weapons), and a branch of ranged troops with powerful but slowly-loading ranged weapons (firearms, hand-cannons, repeating crossbows, plus above-average skill in melee compared to other archers, but not a powerhouse). However, these troops also have a pretty obvious weakness: the lack of shields and heavily armored mounts.
I could also imagine Elves from Elfhelm (with Pirkaf weaponry) who accompany Gut's elite warriors and heal troops around them like Puck, but with a smaller heal radius/rate/amount.

That would actually be a cool idea too.  I could even get a couple new heros into the game that way.  I'll have to think about a script to randomize their behavior.  I suppose the easiest way is if you are too weak then they attack you. If you are stong enough you can hire them.

A Gutts troop tree would be a good idea.  It would have to be balanced similar to the old native troop tree in that the first couple tiers are absolutely useless till they learn to survive on their own.  So recruiting would be difficult but he would have highly effective troops once they got to 4th and 5th tier.  And black strugglers would remain the elite unit I guess.  However I wouldn't let you hire them right off the bat but would force you to train your force to become elites. Or have a random chance for a troop to become a Black Struggler if they were fifth level.  Of course before I do any of that I need to decide what form kindom management will take.  I'll probably start with highlander's kingdom management as a base but I want to heavily edit it so that running your own kingdom in Revenge of the Berserk is unlike any other mod.  I always found it a bit easy to get a big kingdom in some of the other mods.  In Berserk with the advanced power of your character it will be doubly so.  But I'll find a solution to that.

Ah yes, new companions/villains/neutral NPC-s would be nice. I once began to write a Berserk Fanfiction, I could drag a few figures out of it if you're interested, all of them are fit to the sick world of Berserk, I guarantee it  :twisted:

As for gaining fiefs the hard way, I think a trigger could be added that if Guts is about to besiege a town/castle personally, the locals will be so frightened that even the lowest peasants join and so the garrison could double in size (!!!) by gaining a lot of low-level troops (peasants, fresh faction recruits, etc) and a small amount of mediocre troops (mercenaries who got hired by the city watch, etc.). Of course, this has to be balanced somehow...

In regards of kingdom management... well, I dunno... if you've noticed my presence in the forum, you might know that I take active part in the development of the "Sword of Damocles" mod. That mod has certainly the best kingdom management features so far IMO, maybe you could ask vonmistont to borrow some, but I agree that management in the RotB mod should be more unique.

Back
Top Bottom