The battle for Calradia. Check forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

I never made any maps/scenes so this is my first try.

A tiny one for very small number of fighters. Maybe 5on5 max.

The setting is palisade wall on snowy plain.

Two wall entries for the attacker, ladder and tree crush in.

mb4low.jpg
]

Very nice scenes Tercero and Urist. Urist some hints for you: you can scale the ladder while holding B (or B+X if you only want to make it shorter, not less wide). The long ladder almost vertical looks a bit weird :razz:. The tree that crushed in looks nice, a bit larger map would be nice too as most battles will be quite large scaled I think.

The ladder is almost flat on the ground, I think the point of view in this picture is not good to see that.
But yeah, I don't like the ladder entry at all, maybe I find a more awesome way to break in.
It sucks that horseman can ride straight over it.
I love the tree entry, when I got that idea, I told myself how awesome it is.

mb5low.jpg

mb6low.jpg

I think we need all kind of map sizes: tiny, small, medium and large.
The selection of the size should be determined by the amount of players participating.
I guess we'll have smaller battles too, especially with bandits and stuff.

Actually I made a tiny map because setting up the wall is a pain in the ass.
Is there a way to copy/pasta a group of objects?

You could make another entrance like the one with the tree, but smaller and without a tree. As if it has been smashed by humans, or make a round boulder behind the fallen palisades as if a catapult destroyed it.

I think we only need large maps, as small maps cant be played with many people but large maps can be played with few people.

Not that I know :sad: If you find a way, tell me :razz:.

Yeah, I gonna take out the ladder and either add a snow ramp in front of
one palisade part or chains/axes infront off a broken part(wall got toppled).

Some enterprising villagers earned some coins from the attackers in the middle
of the night with having some unfortunate woodcutting 'accidents'.

It's pretty easy with the implemented edit mode.

Got this this now instead of the ladder entry.

mb7low.jpg

The breach was barrely secured by the defenders. Pun intended.

I edit in quick battle.

Altho I generated a new map key with the right attributes in single player before but this not neccessary.
Changes to terrain can be done manually in edit mode too.
I change the scn_quick_battles_1.sco and save the map under another name then.

I have no idea if this is truth since the tutorial for that is gone, but I think in the .sco the objects are saved,
while terrain informations are saved in the scenes file.
So you have to save the respective entry in the scenes file too or your terrain changes are lost.
I figured that out with trial and error.

Is there any way to change scenes without going into quick battle? I guess accessing some scene in cheat mode
in single player would work but what about those who have multi only?

Edit: Nvm me, just read Archers tutorial.

I made a list of the wall/palisade maps we need, so interested mappers can get started working on those.
For the basics visit this thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,89831.0.html

We will have 2 different wall tiers: wooden palisade and wall.
Walls can either be stone walls(europian/eastern) or earth walls(nordic).

Furthermore we have 7 different terrain types: plain, snow, steppe, desert, forest, snow forest, steppe forest.
So we need to cover a minimum of 14 maps. I will make map 3 and 4.

Map 1  : Palisades on a plain(Arch3r/done)
Map 2  : Walls on a plain (Tercero/done)
Map 3  : Palisades on a snow plain (Urist/done)
Map 4  : Walls on a snow plain (Urist/in progress)
Map 5  : Palisades on steppe terrain(Tibertus/done)
Map 6  : Walls on steppe terrain(Tibertus)
Map 7  : Palisades in a desert(Mudcrab)
Map 8  : Walls in a Desert(done/Arch3r)
Map 9  : Palisades in a forest(done/Arch3r)
Map 10 : Walls in a forest(Mudcrab/in progress)
Map 11 : Palisades in a snow forest
Map 12 : Walls in a snow forest
Map 13 : Palisades in a steppe forest (Arch3r)
Map 14 : Walls in a steppe forest

If anyone feels like making one of those and thinks he can do , please post or send me a PM.
It's our main goal to have least one map for every type.
If you don't feel confident about your mapping skills. No problem. Just
get started, it's pretty easy. Just upload the result(.sco and scenes) then and we see what we can do with it.

While there is alot freedom how to create the map, there are a few needs to fulfill to assure the
usefulness for 'Battle for Calradia'.

1: map size: medium  It should have the same size as the battle multiplayer map 'Ruins'
2: (more than) 3/4 of the map should be 'infront of the wall' - attacker's side | (less than) 1/4 'behind the walls' - defender's side
3: entry points and ctf flags for attacker/defenders at the opposing edges of the map
4: master of the field flags and f&d targets 'inside the walls' (read Archer's guide)
5: the map should have 1 major wall breach (limited accessability for cav) and 1-3 minor breaches (not passable by cav)
6: defender should have access to towers/platforms/catwalks which allows to shoot the attackers over the walls
7: attackers should have limited cover on their way to the walls (stones, trees, etc.)

Here a picture of a possible layout for such a map(map is too small though):

mb10low.jpg

Ok I have started work on a Walls in a forest.

Here it is, the gate is obscured by barrels so it is limited for cavalry to get it, they cannot just rush in.

However the edges of the map are somewhat annoying, quite close to the village.

4vinwj.jpg

My map is probably gonna wait until tomorrow.  I was to busy fixing my comp today.  I promise you guys, though it will rather un-realistic, it's gonna be epic!

Nice, mudcrab and tercero, adding you to the list. Please add f&d targets, as well as the master of the field flags to your map.
Both inside the walls please.

Back
Top Bottom