The battle for Calradia. Check forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Another thing that needs thinking of-  is each clan member going to be actualy on the map as a troop, to be moved where nessisary (ie: you move my character to join in X battle, so i myself actualy take part)  or will it just be made up of nameless soldiers, and whoever is online will take part in the battle.

IMO the faction leaders should be allowed custom gear, not only so they can be identified on the battlefeild, but also to allow themselves to be a sort of elite troop that can turn the tide of a battle  (but if they die, there should be some penalty, such as an inability to issue orders for a turn or so- so there can be sort of assasinations of faction leaders-  but of course faction leaders should be able to take part in battles as regular troops too)

Would there be room for the Alliance of the Free Souls? I think we're around 11 members now.
Gonna ask everyone if they even want to participate though.

In terms of modding, well, I can do textures. But that's about it.

Qwertyman said:
Another thing that needs thinking of-  is each clan member going to be actualy on the map as a troop, to be moved where nessisary (ie: you move my character to join in X battle, so i myself actualy take part)  or will it just be made up of nameless soldiers, and whoever is online will take part in the battle.
The last, armies will be made of nameless soldiers. At least, that was my plan. When I think of it, having players as hero's and lords would be nicer I guess. So they can have troops, that will be nameless solders. These will be AI controlled. Of course we'll only do the last if the AI is good enough, which I hope for.

IMO the faction leaders should be allowed custom gear, not only so they can be identified on the battlefeild, but also to allow themselves to be a sort of elite troop that can turn the tide of a battle  (but if they die, there should be some penalty, such as an inability to issue orders for a turn or so- so there can be sort of assasinations of faction leaders-  but of course faction leaders should be able to take part in battles as regular troops too)
It's up to your faction to decide that. You can add your own special equipment for the class, so you can tell other players not to choose that equipment. Also flagbearers are possible.

hehe this will be truly awsome yes :grin:

i just hope the faction leaders are willing to play for fun rather than having a play to win attitude  (in other words, play reasonably fairly, dont god-gear the troops, constantly looking for loopholes in the rules to get a 1up)
anywho,  i hope the first big game goes very well- because then who knows, some awsome modders or even taleworlds themselves might make it part of the game! (ie: automating the rules ect)

Since they promised to make different horse breed sizes I guess chariots will be possible. I really can't make item rules until I know what's possible.

Gues i will have to join a clan if i want to participate when it gets off the ground :p

Or maybe i should play the tavern wench that poisons peoples beer for the highest bidder?
Could make the poisoned players to miss a match or so :p

Eh, I can count everyone who wants to take part in it. We accept mercenaries, but only as mercenary clans. Individual players would be too hard to keep track of. I'll update the main page to see the participants. I would also like all participants to start thinking about their faction style.

Arch3r said:
We accept mercenaries, but only as mercenary clans. Individual players would be too hard to keep track of.

Does it really need to be mercenary clans, I was thinking something like mercenary groups of x people.
For example mercenary group A with 25 people, other clans can hire the group, if the group does well in the beta they can be hired for more. Or well at least get somehow rewarded for being a good mercenary :razz: then you could also have multiple groups, but mostly just as a way to keep track of them. Wouldn't really like it to play as mercenary only to get bossed around like if I were in a normal clan >_>

Arch3r said:
Group/clan, same thing for me.

Depends, if the group is just a group of people with no universal leader then it'd be quite different from a clan which has a leader.
So mercenaries would be just a bunch of people that could be universally hired, possibly a "poll" of sorts to decide if they really want to be hired by whoever is trying to hire them, rather then a leader who accepts it and everyone else just has to obey that.

Well they could still have a leader who just checks who's in and keeps a memberlist of the group up to date. But ya, at least as they're grouped in some way it's fine. I updated the main post by the way.

Having all three of a clans classes assigned the same number of points will mean that (apart from the single free skill point) there will be no speciality for the clan. To encourage more variety I would suggest either a geography-based system; clans are randomly assigned some territory and given bonuses to certain skills and proficiencies (but only once points are put into them) based on that territory, or a package-based system; give the three troops different numbers of points to spend, i.e. 40 for one, 50 for another and 60 for the last (numbers probably need to be worked on).

Either (or both) of these systems (and if well balanced the package system might work as an option) would encourage more variety among the clans playing, and give clear strengths and weaknesses to each clan. With the current suggested system I can see a lot of clans ending up with very similar troop-types.

Arch3r said:
We accept mercenaries, but only as mercenary clans. Individual players would be too hard to keep track of.

would a mercenary clan be treated the same as any other clan? or would they work differently (they could be hired and what not)

also, what would be the incentive to be a mercenary? Would you be considered a winner if the side you worked for won? Also, would we be able to use the money we're being payed for better equipment?

Back
Top Bottom