Battle Size Changer v1.1 for M&B .700 - 1.011+

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm, might have to check further into it. Best way to be sure of it is to set battle size to 40 and save your game before a battle with an enemy party which has a single stack (no varied units), noting your XP before the battle, then killing a set number of enemies (5, 10, whatever) and letting your troops/allies finish the rest. Note XP after the battle. Don't save the game.
Then, quit, change the battle size to 400, and go back into M&B. Reload that same saved game and kill the same number of enemies, again letting your troops/allies finish the rest. Make note of how much XP you got that time.

It would be an interesting experiment I think.

If you don't have time to do that, I probably will at some point... don't really have time now though.

one problem with having the battle changer is that you get a lot more guys on the parapets of your castle now. With 96 battle size, you get some people inside the castle walls, right next to the castle walls, staring at the castle walls.

Haha, haven't seen that happen yet myself, but it makes sense based on how the spawning works.
Interesting troublesome side effect there you've discovered. :wink:

I've got a theory on why he's getting so much XP, if you guys haven't solved it yet. If increasing the slider also increases the difficulty of the game, maybe that has an effect on how much XP you get.

Just a thought.

=$= Big J Money =$=

Increasing the battle size past it's normal limit does seem to keep increasing the game difficulty percentage. Does that actually affect experience gained?
He did post afterwards that he tested it again and got the same experience either way from a river pirate.

Janus said:
Olorin said:
for some reason when my party (at that time around 10) engaged a riverpirate party (around 4-10) we still ended up with 75 NPCs on the field....somehow extra npcs were created in the imag eof my own and of my enemies and i had to fight those huge battles no matter what...

was this normal, if yes is there a way to change it, if no is there a way i could fix it?
Definitely not normal, it should only allow up to that many troops rather than creating clones to reach that number. What version of M&B did this happen on, and did you use the old Battle Size Changer on it?

i used the battle size chnager on a version after .632 but before .711 (no including either) i do notknow hwat version of the changer that was. when i realized that this hapened in just uninstalled it so i got no record...im going to have to try again

Hmh, anyone else noticed serious performance hit on snow terrain while using expanded group limits, or is it just me?

I'm having the battlefield limit at ~100 or so, although my computer could take more my without being slowed down - however, whenever I fight on snow with over 60 people, the game starts to lag. Strange.

Hrm. I just downloaded this mod, and tried testing it on the Last Days mod. First I had a pretty big performance hit, and the game crashed with a "Out of Static vertex buffer memory" message. Then I lowered the graphics somewhat, and it's smooth sailing, but after everything from 10 to 30 seconds, i get the same message, and the game locks up.

I doubt it's my comp, as I've got an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor, 2048 DDR corsair ram and a Nvidia GeForce 7800 card.

Any suggestions? Any work-arounds that I've missed?

Edit: It seems to last a bit longer in vanilla, where a battle might last for as much as 60 seconds, before I get the same message.

Bohemian Nights said:
Hrm. I just downloaded this mod, and tried testing it on the Last Days mod. First I had a pretty big performance hit, and the game crashed with a "Out of Static vertex buffer memory" message. Then I lowered the graphics somewhat, and it's smooth sailing, but after everything from 10 to 30 seconds, i get the same message, and the game locks up.
To quote from my first post:
Janus said:
Note that overly large battle sizes can crash M&B if your computer isn't able to handle them. If you experience crashes, you should lower the battle size.
To elaborate:
You probably shouldn't set it higher than 200 max, possibly 100. It goes up to 400 just in case by some quirk you are able to get it to work at that level, not because it should work (it shouldn't). There's a reason the cap is 40 in the game, it's to make sure battles will run without crashing on almost all computers.
Besides limiting the number to 200/100, I would also make sure you have M&B set to use the maximum render buffer size. Run Mount&Blade and click the Configure button. In the text file that comes up, look for the line which reads something like "render_buffer_size = 20". Make sure the number there is 20 to give Mount&Blade the maximum memory buffer size.

Ah, neat. With a combination of 150 max, lowered graphics and the render_buffer, things seem to be working just fine now.

Totally awesome. Thanks.

i save setting 400 but gema says error out of static vertex buffer memory why and i have got 2048 ran 3.8 amd64 cpu 7800gtx why error

Alpertunga said:
i save setting 400 but gema says error out of static vertex buffer memory why and i have got 2048 ran 3.8 amd64 cpu 7800gtx why error
Janus said:
Note that overly large battle sizes can crash M&B if your computer isn't able to handle them. If you experience crashes, you should lower the battle size.
It goes up to 400 just in case your system can handle that. I don't think any system yet could come close to handling that many.

For some reason, my system runs outa memory after only about 100 dudes. mabye i need to check my config files

On an amusing side note, i spawned ontop of a low hill while i was trying to fight the 100 man strong army. So what i say was 20 odd guys start there, but more jsut kep appearing 20 meters about the ground and falling down in a constant rain.

That was the funniest thing i've seen all week.

oww no i speak a little english and you dont understan me friend  i say i have got 2048 kinstone ram 7800gtx asus and 3.8 amd63 x2 its good pc

Alpertunga said:
oww no i speak a little english and you dont understan me friend  i say i have got 2048 kinstone ram 7800gtx asus and 3.8 amd63 x2 its good pc

Not for M&B, M&B is CPU intensive, and can only support single core (eg only use one core)

Back
Top Bottom