Massive Troop Tree (+osp items) ADDON

which ancestral weapon should the player start with?

• one handed sword

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • two handed sword

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • one handed axe

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • two handed axe

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • polearm

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • bow

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • crossbow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • throwing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other (please post)

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordulan

Sergeant
Ok, this is my cust sett tree, and i'm remaking it for fire arrow with the help of the osp packs.
CalradianTrooptree.jpg

and here are the screens so far:
mb4.jpg

mb5.jpg

mb6.jpg

mb7.jpg

mb8.jpg

Hmm, he didn't turn out so well because of the beard.
mb14.jpg

mb13.jpg

here you can also see the crossbowman of calradia
mb12.jpg

mb11.jpg

mb10.jpg

that's 5 more done and the veteran footman updated with a lion hauberk
ps: the archer master has a rapier, but apparently the game uses the scimitar sheath
mb17.jpg

mb16.jpg

mb15.jpg

mb9.jpg
mb37.jpg

mb36.jpg

mb35.jpg

mb34.jpg

mb33.jpg
mb32.jpg

mb31.jpg

mb28.jpg

mb27.jpg

mb26.jpg
mb26.jpg

the veteran calradian horsemen :smile:
mb25.jpg

mb24.jpg

the mounted crossbowmen, 1 step weaker than the light crossbowmen
mb23.jpg

new styles for the veteran horse archers instead of that one that was there before(love the hauberks with all my heart :wink:)
mb22.jpg

mb20.jpg

new cloth shirts for the recruits
mb49.jpg

mb48.jpg

mb47.jpg

mb46.jpg

mb45.jpg
mb44.jpg

mb43.jpg

mb42.jpg

mb41.jpg

mb40.jpg

I'll be using some osp packs and it's going to feature two (BRAND) new units, the Knight of the blade and the Grandmaster of the blade.

Knight of the blade:
Charger
Mail With Tabard
Bastard Sword
Knightly kite Shield
Heavy Crossbow
Steel Bolts
Mail Boots
Mail Mittens

The Grandmaster will Simply have more advanced equipment than the Knight.

Just tell me if it's ok, ok?

*it is going to use the 0.74 version of fire arrow (i think it's stable enough, never had any problems with it yet.)
Only need a few more days to finish it up and then upload it (filefront)

Credits
AvaRice - for the lovely OSP items compilation made originally for custom settlements
maw_____________
Dain Ironfoot_______\
Luigi______________\
Njiekovic___________\
Ursca______________\
Ubberdorc___________\
Mirathei______________\
Raz__________________\
The Pope______________\
TRC______________________\
Dindi_________________________\
RR_Raptor65____________________\_________________For making the lovely osp packs
DaBlade_________________________/
Burrek__________________________/
Lord Condormanius_______________/
Ornumentum mod builders________/
Stainless Steel 6.0 mod builders__/
Kolba_______________________/
Comissar_________/

Talak: For making the unique armoury pack

i'm busy making it compatible for fire arrow, last time i tried i found out that a direct troop file port doesn't work, herefore i'm having to start from scratch but with the references from my cust. sett. troop file.

the outlaws will get a few of these troops into their parties as well, so the difficulty will go up a bit, but the loot will be so much more rewarding than the crap you get from combating the looters in the beginning, the heroes will also be upgraded quite heavily with 1-2 "ancestral" weapons/armour and you will begin with one ancestral weapon.

I have nose

So that you will be able to actually recruit the  people in the custom tree i'll be removing the refugee and the peasant woman  :sad:

I'm also going to increase the party sizes to be about x1.5 their current size so the female tree will appear in numerous settings, like for manhunters (sadly (or happily) their parties will be replaced mostly by the slavers in the tree).

the roaming bandits will receive a few of the calradian troops as a much needed upgrade (looters will for example have some calradian recruits(most versatile recruits of all time).

I have bad Nose

It seems that i get the game crashing down around my ears whenever the new units make an appearance somewhere in the dialogue boxes, this has only happened to the recruits, it could be some internal problem in the game since I've changed the refugee and peasant woman into the recruits and re-sexed em into males.
it must be an internal error, since the game crashes around my ears every time a recruit makes an entrance, just happened to me five times. Therefore i shall be discontinuing the recruits and instead remake the watchmen to suit the needs i require.

During battles they work like a charm, tried it out once (me vs a corporal, a few recruits and a mob of looters)

mb1.jpg

scratch that, the recruits have repeatedly f****d up the gameplay.

now to re-download a clean version of the mod and take the refugee and peasant woman from thar.

After about 50 hours of extreme trying i concede defeat, but i think i know what is missing.
1. The upgrade through equipment dump ability is something my troops don't have and i have no whatsoever idea how to implement that.
2. the mod doesn't allow npc's to have custom items As though that will ever happen in a mod, lol  :lol:

so any help concerning issue number 1 would be really nice, we all want to get on with our lives and i can't continue until at least all lethal ****ups are dead in the game.

i'm done with everything else though, and it will feel like a waste of time if it doesn't work because of that one and only issue.

The upgrade through equipment dump ability needs complicated procedure.
1, When troop upgrade A to B, they need weapons and armor, [melee], [range], [ammo], [shield], [head], [body], [foots], [hand], and [horse]
2, The equipments they need is weapon(armor)  A have and weapon(armor)  B don't have.
For example,
When swadian man at arms upgrade swadian knight, I compare to their property,
swadian man at arms
[melee]  lance, fighting_pick, bastard_sword_a, sword_medieval_b, sword_medieval_b_small,
swadian knight
[melee] heavy_lance, bastard_sword_a, morningstar, sword_medieval_c,
Because swadian man at arms has bastard_sword_a, he do not need [melee].

swadian man at arms
[horse] saddle_horse, steppe_horse, courser
swadian knight
[horse] hunter, warhorse, warhorse
Because swadian man at arms do not have horse for upgrade swadian knight, he needs horse.

and please see "script_set_upgrade_path_to_troop" in module_scripts.py
for example,
(call_script, "script_troop_set_upgrade_path", "trp_swadian_man_at_arms","trp_swadian_knight", -1),

Ok, thanks rucchi, and is there any way to remove it altogether in a simple way, cause python has a couple of issues with my computer, personally i've never used the equip upgrade and concentrated more on selling the stuff I manage to find so my economy can have a quick boost for mercs.

It's not that I can't do it but I'm kind of preoccupied with real life right now, being in the International Baccalaureatee, year 2 right now, which means that I have to polish up on my EE (Extended Essay)

some form of reply would be helpful guys.

doesn't really matter now, python crashed repeatedly on me since i started trying, there must be some issue that it has to my computer's antivirus program, no matter what i do it does not want to work. I'm running Xp on my own personal computer where i am an admin, all other programs work. And there's no way that I will disable my security system, since it takes 4-5 hours to start up again. If anyone volunteers to do this task for me i'll greatly appreciate it.
Wu-long said:
One and a half handers
No point if I cant get it off the ground.

What kind of security system you have there? :???:
Never heard of such a system for a personal comp that takes some much time to restart. Even with too many programs running, low RAM and a weak processor it shouldn't take more that an hour.

don't even ask, it has a lovely tendency to do a full scan during startup, and with my 5 Tb memory it takes on a good day 4-5 hours.
the startup itself takes about 30 seconds.

There has to be a setting to disable the everyday scan. Your antivirus works better than most viruses people come up with  :mrgreen:
If you r considering changing the antivirus the best free ones are (at least from my experience - and I have tried a dozen or so) Avast and NOD32. I prefer Avast since it doesn't take much processor time and it is constantly being updated (autoupdates it's virus database and the program).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom