Kanyrlia: A New World for M&B 1.011; version 0.7 RELEASED NOW!

Users who are viewing this thread

skitarii

Knight
Kanyrlia: A New World
First off, I’d like to thank these people…
The creators of the OSP packs!  Maw, Luigi, Silver wolf, Rob Galanaki…
The people who wrote all the tutorials!  Too many to list here…eep!
D’Sparil  - Steppe Helmet Masks
Luigi  - Many weapons
Bjorne - Hats and Guns
Keedo420 - Reaper Scythe
bhighcs - weapons
B52B51 -weapons
txzwxm -weapons
sbstdj123 -chinese armor and weapons
雪夜叉 - helmet
傀儡小兵 - helmets
dave0079 - sword
ly_szc - Felguard
Lynores – Greek equipment… (permission pending though, can be revoked when he comes back)
realorich-weapons
RR_Raptor65 - Roma Invicta
qq163it - weapons
MR.瘋子 - Reptilian Mounts
gameshow888- Bone Drake
lyw8614505 - revolver
ganquang - weapons
暗暗十分 - Emperor's Robe
tkwlee - Demon axe
Shredzorz - more weapons!
HighElf- Ossian Equipment
Antifiriz - Tricorne, bicorne, shakos
ji_jie - Rose Knight armor
ArchAngel - Free Company Armors

cdvader - For telling me what I did wrong with autorig.

The Physaio Empire

The Physaio Empire used to be the largest nation in Kanyrlia, if not the only nation.  Their borders extended to the regions now occupied by the nations of Deltoria, Menever, and Ossia.  However, the empire grew weak internally, and with the death of Imperator Vitellius Agis, the resulting power vacuum was enough reverse the military conquests of the past 134 years.  Strangely enough, instead of quartering the Physaio territory and waging war from their provinces, the Physaio generals withdrew from the outer territories and waged an all-out war within the inner territories behind the artificial “moat” that lasted for one hundred and fifty years.  In the meantime, the Physaio Empire isolated itself from the outside world to focus on the civil war.  In the end, above the piles of bodies, Tiberius Decimus Maximus claimed the title of Imperator.  After years of rebuilding, he has decided to turn his sights beyond the surrounding waters and mountains to reclaim what once belonged to the Physaio Empire.  It will all begin as soon as the bridges are constructed and the gates opened.

Pros
Everyone has a shield.
Units are pretty sturdy.

Cons
No cavalry.
No ranged unit.
Weapons have a pretty short reach.

physiao1.jpg

The Kingdom of Deltoria

Based in the northern part of Kanyrlia, the kingdom of Deltoria is situated in a harsh, mountainous region.  Plagued by mountain bandits and the occasional foreign invader as well as poor harvests, the people of Deltoria saw the Physaio as liberators of sorts.  In exchange for Deltorian iron and marble, which were surprisingly plentiful in the mountains, the Physaio paid these miners in food, which was worth more than any currency, and the Physaio soldiers provided for protection while the Pituiti officers instilled some basic military discipline in the the Deltorian soldiers.  The sudden withdrawal left the Deltorians in an awkward position.  With meager food stores, a few weapons, and some pack horses, they were suddenly beset on by the mountain bandits and the Seisun Dreigun.  Like a bullied child, they had only one solution:  hit those who hit you even harder.  After a hundred years, the Deltorians have managed to stave off foreign attacks and unite under a feudal system.  Now they are a nation capable of looking beyond their own borders.

Pros
Pretty solid, hard-hitting weaponry.  (Hit those who hit you harder!)
Bows
Knights are devastating and nearly invincible

Cons
Archers are lightly armed
Sometimes neglect shields in exchange for polearm weaponry
A lot of weapon choices means that your troops might not be using the weapon you would like them to use

The Menever City-States 
The feudal system does not create the happiest of societies.  The serfs at the bottom had little to do besides work; the lords usually left little in the way of rations, if anything at all (mercy was ignored despite the protests of the priests).  The only people who can actually leave a village were the soldiers, so what of the craftsmen?  They are trapped in their little village, each person’s skills and secrets passed on slowly to a single apprentice.  In this way, knowledge was lost when nobody wanted to take up the trade of the aging smith/potter.  The accumulating dissatisfaction reached a boiling point about sixty years after the withdrawal of the Physaio Empire, and thus began a mass exodus of disgruntled serfs, merchants, and priests.  These people trickled south, following the western river of the Physaio border and settling south of the continent.  Over the years they have built a society based on commerce, guilds, and unions.  The result was the city-states of Menever.  Knowing that their Physaio neighbors may invade them and their Deltorian “masters” would exact revenge, they developed a defensive military using crossbows and pikes due to their relatively low learning curve.  With their rich income, they have many mercenaries in their armies and are an effective offensive force when used correctly.

Pros
Crossbowmen are a bit well-equipped compared to the ranged units of other factions.
Pikes can keep cavalry at bay if the AI manages to land a hit
Heavy armor for top-tier units

Cons
Pikemen are vulnerable unsupported
Other units are vulnerable without ranged/pike support.
Crossbows take quite some time to reload.
Citizen-soldiers lack the strength of other units.

mb39.jpg
mb5-1.jpg

The Ossian Union
This advanced civilization discovered Kanyrlia sometime ago and decided that it would be an ideal land to settle.  Trouble was, there already existed the other civilizations.  At first, the Ossian generals believed that their superior technology and weapons would easily defeat these anachronisms, but they were proven wrong when a group of Deltorian infantry survived a volley of musket fire and proceeded to slaughter the flamboyantly unarmored Ossian line.  This has led to debates amongst historians back at the mother country about the theories of inferior militaries of the past and several heart attacks of a few famous historians whose entire lives revolved among the pro-gunpowder argument.  As a result, weapons and training previously considered unfit for gunpowder combat were applied to the colonial forces at Kanyrlia.  The results were varied.  However, previously abandoned melee doctrines bolstered survival rates in melee combat.  The Union is determined to assimilate or annihilate the native Kanyrlians by smoke and steel if need be.

Pros
Firearms are dangerous
Firearms are cool
Bayonets!

Cons
Firearms can’t hit the broad side of a barn
Inferior cavalry
Will be wiped out in melee

mb37.jpg
mb29.jpg
33yrxfk.jpg
be7ry9.jpg

The WuXia Dynasty
On the continent of Kanyrlia there is a span of desert to the southeast.  The span has gradually narrowed throughout the years thanks to the efforts of Emperor Shen Long.  Besides the Physaio Empire, the WuXia Dynasty was the other major nation of Kanyrlia, and it could be possibly older than even the Physaio Empire.  The Emperor Shen Long saw that the desert was an obstacle to territorial expansion, and with the perpetually growing population, the current territories were at their carrying capacity, unable to support more people.  So, he ordered every unemployed, able-bodied man report to the nearest labor camps in the provinces.  With all the manpower mustered, the men were told to dig out a river and to carry fertile soil from some unused areas to the desert.  At first, many officials claimed that such a feat was impossible, but as the generations passed, the desert did indeed seem to grow smaller, and people found that settling the new steppe lands was viable and ranching was profitable.  The current Emperor, Xiang Xiao long, saw that the desert had narrowed enough to the point where the WuXia armies could cross outside.  His spies and diplomats have reported strange new nations beyond the horizon.  To many, trade was the answer to these new nations.  To the emperor, he saw that it was only a matter of time before war was declared.

Pros
Units are fast
Experts at lancing and horse archery

Cons
Soldiers not very tough
Rely more on agility than on endurance and strength

mb2.jpg

What this mod does:
Introduce 5 new nations
New map
A lot of new items
Eventually replace some of the dialogues
Is not meant to be historically accurate in any way.

I’m not a good screenshot taker…so…yeah.

mb58.jpg

Notes:
It’s really amazing…I only found out about M&B in April.  I played through mods such as EATRC, PoP, Horde Lands, etc.  At first I was satisfied, but then I wanted to create my own version of M&B, so in a month’s time, I learned the basics.  I can’t script or code or texture or model, so I apologize if this mod isn’t comparable to the others.  I

v0.7 RELEASED

-Added more mercenaries.  Try to find who they are.  =)  Mercenaries now serve a purpose:  They're neutral versions of other faction's troops; mainly if you want to keep a pure-faction army but you want the strengths of other factions you can hire mercenaries.  That's if you roleplay, of course.

-Changed equipment of Lords and Faction leaders to reflect their faction fighting styles even more.

-Lords should now be using the voices of their faction.

-Slightly changed the equipment of some soldier types; I forgot which, but it was for variety's sake I believe.

-Added in Chinese voices (sorta) for the WuXia faction.

-Added in a new minor faction that sorta spawns around Ossian territory.  You may find them useful.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1488

Download Links ^^^

erm, please spoiler the screenshots? Also, I presume you did ask permission for items etc. It's generally wise to ask permission before releasing. I'll download it when I get a new mouse.

Venitius said:
erm, please spoiler the screenshots? Also, I presume you did ask permission for items etc. It's generally wise to ask permission before releasing. I'll download it when I get a new mouse.
They're OSP packs. He only needs to credit them doesn't he?

First screenshot makes me think its a wacky mash-up of different cultures. Scutums, rice hats, hammers?

skitarii, this mod looks really good !  :shock: keep up the good work and try to expand this baby ! 'll be back to see progress on next versions. good luck !  :mrgreen:

This reminds me of the mod Thera for Medieval 2. Had a bunch of factions from different time periods. Ended up with late Victorian musketeers blowing away Aztec-like tribes while Teutonic Knights crusaded against a bunch of Romans.

I've played this mod before and i really like it but the download speed is very sloooooooow 30kbps
would you like to upload this on other sites?

Back
Top Bottom