Witcher 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Weren said:
The combat doesnt look too promising at all.

it looks the same as 1 and that's good enough for me. I'm in for the cool realistic designs, nice graphics and good story.

Merlkir said:
Weren said:
it looks the same as 1 and that's good enough for me. I'm in for the cool realistic designs, nice graphics and good story.
Good for you. For me it's the combat system where it's at. Person like me enjoyes games like M&B and RUNE.  :smile:

But, I do have to admit, that the graphics and story are propably Fantastic. Just improve the combat, and i'll buy it.

QuailLover said:
Merentha said:
Well, I'm buying it.
Same...though I need to finish the first game first.
Tell me about it. I'm terrible at finishing long games.

Weren said:
I'm not the greatest fan of cinematic finishing moves and the like, and I wouldn't mind a better system. But to be honest, the combat system wasn't the lure of the game in the first place. It's perfectly adequate if you view it as an interactive fight scene rather than a big part of the gameplay.

On a further note: I'm going to need a new computer.  :sad:

QuailLover said:
Merentha said:
Well, I'm buying it.

Same...though I need to finish the first game first.
Same here, although I am most of the way through. I think.

I like how the boss combat, despite going into little cinematic almost cut scene moments, was still interactive. Since it is a story driven game, that looks like it might work.

Although Geralt needs a new haircut.

I just hope they find a new batch of voice actors.. and make a half decent English translation. That was my only gripe with the first game.

"Babe".. Piss off, Vesemir.

Justiciar said:
I just hope they find a new batch of voice actors.. and make a half decent English translation. That was my only gripe with the first game.

"Babe".. Piss off, Vesemir.

what's wrong with that?

Merentha said:
Well, I'm buying it.

Indeed.

I do hope they find better voice actors, though.
I'm not quite sure what could honestly be done about the combat system, guys.

Have you read any of his books?
The style they describe is kind of hard to simulate without using such mouse queues.

Saw the trailer on RPS yesterday, looks awesome. Bought the first one, and though I still haven't actually finished it, it's a good RPG. Probably buying this one too...

Vadermath said:
Saw the trailer on RPS yesterday, looks awesome. Bought the first one, and though I still haven't actually finished it, it's a good RPG. Probably buying this one too...

I finished it on normal and did a couple map mods but I haven't tried it on hard yet.There is an 100 percent chance that I will buy the second Witcher.
@Merlkir-Ermm,yes,those covers look ugly.

The first never really engaged me. Maybe just not my type of game. I'll be honest; I prefer an Oblivionesque engine over it.

As long as they stick to the original voice for Geralt, I'll be happy. The one in the video wasn't good at all. As usual, the graphics are awesome, and I'm sure the story will be good. What really made me love the first game though was, without a doubt, the music. I just absolutely loved it, and I seriously hope they stick to the same guy. The combat got old towards the end, and I hope they don't decide to go all Dark Messiah when it comes to cliff edges and pushing people off them, but aside from that, it works.

And I really need to buy the books.

Back
Top Bottom