decapitations and severed limbs death animations.

Users who are viewing this thread

You know... I just realized that I used decapitation for hands when it should be dismemberment. /facepalm

Redneck21 said:
Flanged its not true its IMPOSSIBLE!!! :neutral:

I'm trying it out anyway.  If i get anywhere with it I'll report back.  I think the basic concept is workable - I'm not sure, but I don't think anyone's tried it this way before.

Flanged said:
Redneck21 said:
Flanged its not true its IMPOSSIBLE!!! :neutral:

I'm trying it out anyway.  If i get anywhere with it I'll report back.  I think the basic concept is workable - I'm not sure, but I don't think anyone's tried it this way before.

I think he was (mis)quoting Luke Skywalker.

Thank God.  Btw, my idea isn't working out too well, mainly due to the fact that Obj2Smd Converter seems to be acting up.  Vista 64 doesn't screw that up as well, does it?  anyway, still experimenting

Flanged said:
Thank God.  Btw, my idea isn't working out too well, mainly due to the fact that Obj2Smd Converter seems to be acting up.  Vista 64 doesn't screw that up as well, does it?  anyway, still experimenting

I think this is because you don't have a template SMD that closely matches the mesh you want to rig, since not many meshes are missing a left forearm. You could try openBRF's rig transfer, which supposedly works the same way as obj2smd does. Hopefully you can get lucky with that one instead.

If not, you just have to rig it manually :wink:

Rig it manually....  oh....  :cry:

BTW, I know this will have been asked and answered a million times already, but search just seems to bring up random non-related stuff these days - how do you make completely tansparent textures?

I came in here quite hopefully, thinking you knew how it was done.  You hurt my feelings. Ya bawbag.  Ah well, I'll just have to search again, and check out the mod makers FAQ thread again. 

okay, thought I'd try implementing my idea today.  Here are the guys wearing the suits with one missing arm at the elbow.

mb30.jpg

They are set to use the shields shaped like human arms, so that they can be chopped off.  Unfortunately, for some reason,the shields do not appear... and I can't get them to show up.

Now, a shield can be any shape or size, can't it, and can technically be positioned anywhere?  The ones I'm using are actually correctly positioned, so why the hell would they not appear?  Any ideas?

Well, having to ask the obvious do they actually have the "shields" equipped? Also, you can have gloves that have the right hand visible while the left is "hidden".

Yes, they have guarantee_shield enabled, and are equipped with the shields.  They have shield skill, and the shields have 0 difficulty, 0 weight.  I've equipped myself the same as them, but cannot draw the shield or ready it.  The game just acts as if it isn't there, though it should be.

I will clean up the gloves issue if the shield arm chopping turns out well, but I'm still just testing at the mo.

I got it working.  Small low-quality demo video on the way - still needs a lot of refinement.  Is there a way to make the agent play a specific sound and animation, and maybe take damage, when their shield is destroyed?  That's the next step to getting it semi-realistic, as well as a blood spatter and a specific bloodied texture for the stump and end of severed arm.

Woohoo!

Has to be watched carefully, but it already looks not bad in game.  Just needs a bit of work to make it more realistic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRkZ3NnecV8

SupaNinjaMan said:
now you need a zombie minigame in GoG

Would work well with zombies... I'm not looking forward to making a choppable version of every armour, though, so I might just have it for some specific "monsters" in the next version.

Back
Top Bottom