Post Difficult Questions Here

Users who are viewing this thread

Ambalon said:
Ebin said:
Simply enough, you already have your influences. You have your life experiences, your instincts, and your moral grounds. Consider it free will if you must, but when it comes down to choosing, are you really choosing freely? Or rather debating your own experiences and instincts which is more plentiful.....

I know that is more or less nonesense. But it did make a little sense. (*Cue: Tibertus call me dumb and that I can go die).... lol sorry Tibertus but I already see it coming  :lol:
And what if I decide to send it out to hell and go postal? It goes against my influences and moral grounds. Or If I decide to suicide? It goes against my life experiences, instincts AND morals.

See what I did there?
I proved that it is bull****
So now I ask you again; How can free will exist?
Four spoilers in a row, *****.
What the ****ing ever, make it five (just for the lulz) :razz:
Well then obviously the mother is to blame.  :roll:

Ambalon said:
Leprechaun said:
Ambalon said:
Still doesn't explain ****.
Hell, it's the only chance you've got at being able to make decisions that aren't utterly, totally predetermined by physics! Don't complain about it! :razz:
....  :wink:

*whispers* doesn't make sense
Basically, the only things that're not regulated by the laws of physics are what's going on at the quantum level, which is 'random' - but if you take the results of that 'random' selection to instead be the decision of your 'free will' determining at the lowest level what your response will be, you've just about, maybe, got some kind of free will. Perhaps.

Stop with the religion, this is a thread for nonsense questions!

Your girlfriend tries on a new pair of jeans. She asks, "Does this make my butt look fat?" It does. You answer...

fisheye said:

Your girlfriend tries on a new pair of jeans. She asks, "Does this make my butt look fat?" It does. You answer...
I dunno... Let me take a step back so I can take it all in... MUCH BETTER!!!... Why yes dear you butt does in fact look enormous. :smile:

fisheye said:

"I don't think it has anything to do with the pants, honey."

fisheye said:

it makes it look bigger, not fatter.  :mrgreen:

fisheye said:

Yes, and thank you.

How long is a piece of string?
What is the universes volume?
If I jumped off the Chrysler building in zero gravity, how long would it take me to hit the floor?

If you can answer all three you get a cookie.

1) The length of a piece of string
2) Not computable
3) You wouldn't.

Sushiman70 said:
If I jumped off the Chrysler building in zero gravity, how long would it take me to hit the floor?

You're in zero-G. There's no gravity, so there wouldn't really be a floor would there? Everything would either be floors, ceilings, or roofs. You very likely wouldn't fall down either, unless you pushed yourself downwards.

Elenmmare said:
Ilex said:
Elenmmare said:
Stuck on a school question? Find something unsolvable? Post it here.

I'll start (from my Physics homework):

A woman looks at herself in a magnifying converging mirror whose focal length is 20cm. If her face is 10cm from the mirror,
a. At what distance from the mirror is her image?
b. What is the magnification of her face?

Harder than it looks...  :mad:
Hard? That' basic optics.  :neutral:
I don't see you answering it.
I don't see why I should do the work for you. You probably have all the needed materials (or just wikipedia it). Again, it's basic stuff. There is nothing to "get" (just take the numbers and place them in the formula, you can easily draw it too so you can check if you got it right) so you gain nothing by me reurgiating to you what's already been provided to you in form of (course?) materials.

Back
Top Bottom